Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 02-29-2012, 03:54 PM   #15
-Trigger-
USER

Drives: 1SS, 1968 Camaro V8 396
Dont worry dude, I have a 2010 1SS and I got a 2012 a few months ago for Daily Driving Dutys. Its great.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:19 PM   #16
patrickt

Drives: still saving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Trigger- View Post
Dont worry dude, I have a 2010 1SS and I got a 2012 a few months ago for Daily Driving Dutys. Its great.
I like it too its a nice little car
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:21 PM   #17
patrickt

To keep you all updated the parts I suspect I needed finally came in! Now all I need to do is find some free time to start testing. I have come up with a couple backup plans to still make this work even if my inital idea doesn't but I really want it the way I am planning. I will let you all know how I make out
Old 03-10-2012, 09:21 PM   #18
ZooDad

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Very interested as we will be getting the new 9C1 Caprice with no OnStar.
I have phone controls in steering wheel and radio.

ZooDad
ZooDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:41 PM   #19
camarorick

Drives: .
Subscribed

I have a 2010 Malibu Daily Driver without Blue tooth... I would love to use my cell through the stock radio
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:54 AM   #20
patrickt

Ok got a chance to mess around this weekend. Got the terminals in but it did nto work. I did check out the resistance and voltage on the leads and the refference voltage is there. This leads me to believe that it would just need to be programed. I am going to do some experimenting in the shop and will let you all know. I will also post up my research I found so far up incase someone may have some insite I am overlooking
Old 05-10-2012, 09:43 PM   #21
Berzek

Drives: Black 2011 2SS Camaro
Any progress on that, Patrick?

I live in Brazil and we don't have Onstar here. So, GM brings the cars w/o the Onstar module and no phone bluetooth, just Mp3 player BT connection. This sucks...
Berzek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #22
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
My guess is, that just like the PDIM, any addition to the stock radio, like bluetooth, needs to be "enabled", which only a dealer can do (as far as I know). The GM master website has to be updated to show you have bluetooth enabled, and then that information downloaded(updated) to the radio. The whole thing takes like 5 minutes to do but, unless your radio knows that you now have bluetooth, it just won't work simply by plugging it in.

The only issue I see is that since the stock bluetooth is associated with OnStar and actually physically comes in the OnStar module, there may not be an option to turn it on(if you don't have the OnStar enabled module).

Patrick, I would go to your service techs and have them hook up your car to the tech tool and that to the internet to look at the GM master site and see what options you have available to you. If there is a bluetooth option, select it and save the info. Then update your radio which will tell it to enable the bluetooth. I would take some pictures of this process or some screen shots of it on the pc(cntrl-prtscn) in order to document the procedure for people to take into their dealers. Assuming, of course, that you can get all this to work.

good luck
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:39 AM   #23
patrickt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Martel View Post
My guess is, that just like the PDIM, any addition to the stock radio, like bluetooth, needs to be "enabled", which only a dealer can do (as far as I know). The GM master website has to be updated to show you have bluetooth enabled, and then that information downloaded(updated) to the radio. The whole thing takes like 5 minutes to do but, unless your radio knows that you now have bluetooth, it just won't work simply by plugging it in.

The only issue I see is that since the stock bluetooth is associated with OnStar and actually physically comes in the OnStar module, there may not be an option to turn it on(if you don't have the OnStar enabled module).

Patrick, I would go to your service techs and have them hook up your car to the tech tool and that to the internet to look at the GM master site and see what options you have available to you. If there is a bluetooth option, select it and save the info. Then update your radio which will tell it to enable the bluetooth. I would take some pictures of this process or some screen shots of it on the pc(cntrl-prtscn) in order to document the procedure for people to take into their dealers. Assuming, of course, that you can get all this to work.

good luck

I honestly just havent had time to pull the car in and play around. It is definatly a programming issue since I have found the pulldown resistor is installed in the radio so the proper signals are there it is just a matter of programming the radio to know what to do. From the factory Holden kit no programming is needed so I am sure if I program the radio as a Holden it will work just will the radio work then because I dont know if thier frequerncies are the same. We will find out once I get a free chance and I will document it all
Old 05-28-2012, 08:46 PM   #24
45anni-gen5
Chevy 4 Life

Drives: 2012 45th anniversary RS Vert
bored....YAAAWWWWNNNNNNN
Old 06-25-2012, 05:42 PM   #25
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Any update on this?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:45 PM   #26
patrickt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Any update on this?
I had a breif time to pull it in for programming and was not sucessful but I am working on finding the program number for a Holden radio which I believe should work since the physical radio is the same
Old 06-26-2012, 05:41 PM   #27
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Old 06-26-2012, 06:14 PM   #28
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45anni-gen5 View Post
bored....YAAAWWWWNNNNNNN
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote