Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-22-2012, 09:32 AM   #29
Xorak

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber View Post
That picture I believe is based off of the new 2013 Ford Fusion. They look the exact same.

you're exactly right. the Evos was the '13 Fusion concept.

Xorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:42 AM   #30
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
You're blind if you think that looks anything like a Camaro. It looks way more like an Aston Martin than anything GM has ever produced.

That's a concept car that is already floating around anyhow. It's not the next mustang. Not to say the mustang won't use some if it styling cues.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:46 AM   #31
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xello View Post
That doesn't look anything like a Camaro to me, or for that matter it doesn't even look like a Mustang.
I agree, I see no resemblence to any camaro in that pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aSSian View Post
lolwut. it looks just like the description says....looks like an evo.
Description of the picture shows Evos, not Evo. That is a picture of the Ford Evos concept car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber View Post
That picture I believe is based off of the new 2013 Ford Fusion. They look the exact same.

Sent via morse code through a fax machine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitlin&Caroline View Post
You stole the words right out of my mouth.
Yes the Ford Fusion is heavily based of the Evos concept. And I believe Ford may use some cues from the Evos in future cars
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:58 AM   #32
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
if i squint i can see a little mustang in the front end, but imo they need a little more recognizability to it.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:17 AM   #33
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
*requests the minute of my life back it took to read this thresd*
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:20 AM   #34
A-little-perspective

Drives: 2011 C63
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
if i squint i can see a little mustang in the front end, but imo they need a little more recognizability to it.
Well that isn't a picture of a Mustang and the new design hasn't been previewed, so I wouldn't expect to see any Mustang in it.

You got it sort of backwards. When the new Mustang comes out, you can then look at it and say, "if I squint I can see a little Evos in the front end, but imo they need a little more recognizability to it."
A-little-perspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:03 AM   #35
C5RocksC5
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I don't see a Camaro resemblance. I see a current Mustang in the design, just a lot sharper and sleeker...more like a Maserati or Jaguar, definitely not a Camaro.
C5RocksC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:19 AM   #36
GrabberB5.Slow

Drives: 2011 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
Yeah, thats the Ford Evos Concept Car that released last year. Looks nothing like a Camaro at all , if anything an Aston Martin in the front.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:02 PM   #37
shockandawe

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Another Carp mouth in the Ford family.
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:47 PM   #38
rez333

Drives: 2013 ZL1
ARE YOU GUYS F..ing INSANE????

The hips are from the 68 Mustang! The hood and grille don't look anything like a Camaro.

Oh what's the point? No point arguing with ninnies.
rez333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:59 PM   #39
FresnoStateDogs

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rez333 View Post
ARE YOU GUYS F..ing INSANE????

The hips are from the 68 Mustang! The hood and grille don't look anything like a Camaro.

Oh what's the point? No point arguing with ninnies.
Ummmm, no one has agreed with the topic starter. Simmer down.

Spiral Ported TB, K&N Typhoon, JBA Performance Cat-back, RX catch can and Oil Breather.
FresnoStateDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:31 PM   #40
Mayhem

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 Camaro (Black)
The Evos concept was used in creating the Ford Fusion. The front end will likely influence other vehicles in the future of Ford. But it is highly doubtful that it will directly equate to the new 2015 Mustang. These concept images have been public for wayyyyyy too long to be the '15 Mustang make-over. Plus nobody would accept it especially now that it is clearly the new face of the fusion which will be a dime a dozen family sedan seen everywhere. Ford wouldn't let their Mustang baby wear the same visage. They are not exactly amateur's to the business whether you like them or not.

For those saying there are design cues from the Camaro.. You are crazy. Firstly, it looks absolutely nothing alike.... Secondly, Ford doesn't need to copy GM. They are knocking brilliant designs out of the park left & right lately. The new fusion, the new flex, the SVT Raptor, and as much as I have despised newer mustangs for years..... the '13's although not refreshed yet and long over-due.. are looking pretty good. I am far from a Ford fan boy... but I give respect where it's due. It would appear that Ford is perhaps on to something here, in taking styling queues from high end luxury vehicles and offering them in affordable every-man vehicles.

I love the Camaro and the design was AMAZING...GM hit a home run with it, but they no longer have the designer responsible for it I think? And they need to hit a few more home runs to get them in the clear... But ford is doing just fine creating a lot of great new designs on it's own. These brandloyalty brand war fanatics are just straight up dillusional.

A little education for you. The similarities between the Evos concept, the Ford Fusion, The Aston Martin front end, the Jaguar ... etc etc.. That is because ALL OF THESE were partly designed by the Callum brothers Ian & Moray, who have worked on many other vehicles as well that will have similar design aspects.
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:43 PM   #41
72MachOne99GT
Anthrax Popcorn User

Drives: 2013 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
The Evos concept was used in creating the Ford Fusion. The front end will likely influence other vehicles in the future of Ford. But it is highly doubtful that it will directly equate to the new 2015 Mustang. These concept images have been public for wayyyyyy too long to be the '15 Mustang make-over. Plus nobody would accept it especially now that it is clearly the new face of the fusion which will be a dime a dozen family sedan seen everywhere. Ford wouldn't let their Mustang baby wear the same visage. They are not exactly amateur's to the business whether you like them or not.

For those saying there are design cues from the Camaro.. You are crazy. Firstly, it looks absolutely nothing alike.... Secondly, Ford doesn't need to copy GM. They are knocking brilliant designs out of the park left & right lately. The new fusion, the new flex, the SVT Raptor, and as much as I have despised newer mustangs for years..... the '13's although not refreshed yet and long over-due.. are looking pretty good. I am far from a Ford fan boy... but I give respect where it's due. It would appear that Ford is perhaps on to something here, in taking styling queues from high end luxury vehicles and offering them in affordable every-man vehicles.

I love the Camaro and the design was AMAZING...GM hit a home run with it, but they no longer have the designer responsible for it I think? And they need to hit a few more home runs to get them in the clear... But ford is doing just fine creating a lot of great new designs on it's own. These brandloyalty brand war fanatics are just straight up dillusional.

A little education for you. The similarities between the Evos concept, the Ford Fusion, The Aston Martin front end, the Jaguar ... etc etc.. That is because ALL OF THESE were partly designed by the Callum brothers Ian & Moray, who have worked on many other vehicles as well that will have similar design aspects.
The server thinks you divided by 0... imminent crash...

One of the most logical *obviously, from someone who states they have a loyalty, but aren't blinded by it* responses I've seen on this site ever.
Quote:
...if you want to compare performance numbers, well, the GT500 retains it's title of the highest hp, worst performing car in the world.
72MachOne99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:01 PM   #42
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBLKZL1 View Post
Hey, if Ford keeps it up, they may one day have a decent looking copy of the Camaro to offer. Guess by then Camaro will be on to their next design...oh well.
I don't know... it's a bit of a stretch for me to see any Camaro in that. That is one ugly-ass car.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote