Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 10:19 PM   #29
iwillclark

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS white sleeper
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2lt View Post
contact gm this is nuts! someone should be fired
I did contact Chevrolet customer assistance center (gabriel with cac@chevrolet.com). They washed their hands of it. Said it was a dealer issue. I tried to resolve this peacefully. Thought they would do the honorable thing when confronted with the proof. But NO. Here's a time line of my efforts to afford them that opportunity:
Camaro notes

3:14 10-1-12 Received call from Anna Rice at KIA of Greer
Sent her the email of transcript and audio file to arice@kiaofgreer.net
Affiliated dealership

1649 Shawn Lowe with Nissan of Greer called, Left voicemail with his cell phone number, he asked me to call him back. I called back his cell phone went to voicemail voice mailbox full called back twice. 15 minutes apart No answer either time.

Called Nissan of Greer asked for Shawn Lowe and was transferred but i was promptly disconnected when someone picked up no words were exchanged.

1824 10-1-12Ann Rice called and wanted to tell me Shawn was trying to get in touch with me.

1824 10-1-12 Shawn called while speaking to Ann, told her he was calling. Put her on hold and answered Shawn's call. Spoke with Shawn for seven minutes. Arranged a meeting for 1100 10-2-12.

1100 10-2-12 Met with Lowe, discussed my concern. He offered to have Bradshaw Chevrolet evaluate my car. Told him NO, I wanted them to buy my car. We talked about thirty minutes. He tried to get me to blow up, but I did not. I kept my cool. And left the dealership.

1030 10-3-12
Gabriel called back and said he was waiting on Shawn Lowe to call him back and then he (Gabriel) would call back and let me know something.

1601 10-3-12
Gabriel called back: told me that he had called all three dealership that Shawn Lowe works at gabriel left messages at all three dealerships Shawn has not called Gabriel back I gave Gabriel Shawn's cell phone number that he had left me the other day on my voice mail.

1639 10-3-12
I called Shawn Lowe but was transferred to Adam I had Adam go see if Shawn Lowe was available he was not available so I gave him my name in my phone number and I also gave him Gabriel's name and phone number and asked him to call either one of us.

1153 10-4-12
Gabriel called back and said that he has not heard from Shawn Lowe

1524 10-4-12
Gabriel called and said CAC will not be able to do anything that it's a dealership issue and that it's not their problem and that I am on my own and that they are closing the case

1602 10-4-12
Sean called and left a message for me to call him back

1659 10-4-12
Called Shawn Lowe back and left a message for him to call me back

1714 10-4-12
Shawn Lowe called back and offered to ride in my car and see if we could reduplicate the problem and if he thought it was still in bad shape then he would have another dealership repair the car. He said General Motors and Kevin Whitaker both refused to do any cooperative to deal to by my car back. He suggested that I trade in my car for another one of their cars. I told him that his offer was unacceptable. He said we are too far apart and he will no longer be working with me.

Last edited by iwillclark; 10-06-2012 at 11:45 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:20 PM   #30
wadew2lt
U.S. Army Veteran

Drives: 2LT/RS SGM M6 Polished 20's
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwillclark View Post
Placed a voice recorder in the door pocket.

Smart man! Way to go! NOW, GO GET 'EM!!

Old 10-06-2012, 10:23 PM   #31
iwillclark

Quote:
Originally Posted by colingordon View Post
He can get way more then a new car if he filed a law suit.... Several crimes committed in my opinion I'm not lawyer though
I'll let the fraud concern be dealt with by GM. I want justice for the working people like me. I want all Camaro owners to know that two out of two service departments I used ABUSED this car. But Best Chevrolet of Easley, SC was CAUGHT so bad that they cannot lie their way out of it like Kevin Whitaker in Greenville, SC did.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:29 PM   #32
Sleez

Drives: 2010, 2LT, RS, 6M, ABM (#1893) SOLD
someone posted a link to the video on their FB page!!! LOL
2010 2LT/RS; 6M, ABM, Torq Thrust M w/custom center caps, Solo MachX-LLT, Blue Anodized Pedals, Barton Shifter w/UMI blue anodized pistol grip, Ported IM from Mace, 25mm isolator/spacer from Mace, Vararam CAI, Euro Rear Fascia, RX Breather Cap. SOLD 4/23/13.

Now have a 1965 Chevelle 4 dr wagon!!
Old 10-06-2012, 10:31 PM   #33
iwillclark

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28racer View Post
I would Demand their Jobs!
When I filed a complaint with the BBB I requested that Josh be fired but they told me that was not within their purview. So I change my request to them buy the car, repair it, certify it, resell it, and take the difference out of their pay.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:45 PM   #34
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleez View Post
someone posted a link to the video on their FB page!!! LOL
Well played.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:06 PM   #35
Our1stCamaro

Drives: VR 2ssRs
Time to get the News Media involved
Old 10-06-2012, 11:08 PM   #36
2SS45th

Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
Now if one of those anonymous Internet hacker guys could catch wind of it and put it on the dealership website, that would be pretty funny.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:15 PM   #37
iwillclark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our1stCamaro View Post
Time to get the News Media involved
True dat my friend. Sent the link and explanation to the two local stations. However they may be a conflicted due to the amount of money car dealers pay for advertisement.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:18 PM   #38
iwillclark

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS45th View Post
Now if one of those anonymous Internet hacker guys could catch wind of it and put it on the dealership website, that would be pretty funny.
It was posted to the dealer Facebook page. HA!! HA!!
Old 10-06-2012, 11:27 PM   #39
iwillclark

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSS View Post
All I'm going to say is...a few people better be in the unemployment line Monday and the dealership better make things right. I'm sure they wouldn't want an audit from GM. That comment at the end would definitely cause one!!!
Totally agree. Shawn Lowe isn't worried, he said, "they get audited all the time". I LAUGHED in his face when he said that. Their butts are in a sling. And deserve all things that come their way. He's the Fixed Operations Director. That's the person in charge of all service departments of the affiliated dealers:
Best Chevrolet, Easley, SC
Best Kia, SC
Nissan of Greer
Toyota of Greer
Kia of Greer
Two in Florida
One in Virginia
Old 10-06-2012, 11:41 PM   #40
2Carats

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Subscribed

Mind controlled by Cerebro
Old 10-07-2012, 12:22 AM   #41
BUZZCAMARO

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS Inferno Orange
Wow, good damn idea but you know, they make spy cameras real small with audio, that would have been much better, no trying to explain who said what when and where.

But the voice recorder is a good stepping stone, but if that's all I was using I'd make sure it makes super high quality crystal clear recordings. My iphone 4 will record for up to an hour, I've used it before to monitor my car while it was parked at work. I am seeking a dvr system with 4 cameras and motion sensors which will record while it's off if I choose (for vandalism).

Put it on Youtube, everybody in your area will see this, try to get local news on it. The leverage you have is all about going public with it, they'd have to take care of you fairly and let it be known the jack-asses that did that were fired. Of course don't just threaten to do it, do it and let them know, they already did the damage, now it's your turn.

So what made you suspect that you'd find something like this on your voice recorder? Was it just reading gestures, body language, how you were treated during past dealings, or did you hear rumors they were scumbags? Sickning!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there laws against malicious destruction of others property, and when it's over a certain amount, isn't that a felony
and a valid right to file a case with your local police? The beauty of using a security camera is that they are date and time stamped, which I hear is an important factor in a legal situation for it to be used as evidence. BTW, if they KNEW that your car had cameras and audio, and they were not to tamper with them, they'd never have done that crap in the first place.

Last edited by BUZZCAMARO; 10-07-2012 at 12:40 AM.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:58 AM   #42
iwillclark

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
Well, then I will run a camera in my car if I ever have to take it in. They do that stuff to mine and I will be driving away in a new car for free, if they are lucky and that's all I settle for in a lawsuit.
I was lied to, bullied, and taken advantage of the first time by Kevin Whitaker. I was made to believe I was wrong. So I trusted another dealer to be the trustworthy professionals they're supposed to be. However, to err on the side of caution, I placed the voice recorder in the door pocket. It would have been nice to have a camera. Had they not called names I'd be in a worse fix, but they did use names and bragged about the abuse. How much does a four camera dvr system four a car cost? Where do you get it ? I can install it myself.

Closed Thread