Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 09-09-2009, 09:57 PM   #43
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
I raced one of those on I-5. It was pretty close.
MrIcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:05 PM   #44
walls

Drives: Infiniti G37S, Suzuki B-King
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssump29 View Post
I agree junkie and I never once said the C63 loses to the Camaro everytime or anything along those lines. I simply stated an encounter I had with one and then Zeus and Cowley went off with all the benchracing stats. I just providing stats in my post to make a point that the numbers aren't that far off each other and depending on who is driving is the difference. Thats all I was saying. More then less I just wanted to express my experience against one. Thats all I'm saying, there was no need for Crowley or Zeus to start the attacks on me.
No...you stated something completely false about a car that's superior to the Camaro in performance and then told another forum member that your "experience" is gospel and that he should buy a Camaro based on said "experience."

So, everyone started chiming in not to pick a fight...but simply to point out to how misinformed you are. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, however. I do agree that the Camaro looks better.
walls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:35 AM   #45
Marvelous

Drives: ex 1st gen owner
Exclamation

The thread isn't BS, and I wasn't really comparing performance, so I didn't mean the "VS" part to mean put them up against each other at a drag strip.

I was merely thinking outloud... there is a price difference and I can see how most people will be confused as why I'm looking at both these vehicles as they seem like, well, apples and oranges.

I should have known better than to post, as most people would either not read my post, just the title or read my post and not care because in their head all they see is CAMARO VS C63...

Both cars are capable of making me completely happy... (ME)

... i'll just wait to drive a Camaro to make my final decision, then I'll just wait until it's time to buy and see if anything has changed between the two. Maybe I won't even care for either car when it comes down to finally buying myself a car.... we'll see.

Anyways, my mistake for making this thread.

edit: maybe it will make more sense if I said the Camaro has more of a sentimental value variable to it...

Last edited by Marvelous; 09-10-2009 at 12:47 AM.
Marvelous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:59 AM   #46
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
cts-v? ^^^
Old 09-10-2009, 07:57 AM   #47
08GT500

Drives: 2007 C6 Z06/2004 SVT Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo View Post

In all seriousness the Camaro would own on that too........

Those things have terrible 60' times.....
Old 09-10-2009, 08:03 AM   #48
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
lol
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:37 AM   #49
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by walls View Post
No...you stated something completely false about a car that's superior to the Camaro in performance and then told another forum member that your "experience" is gospel and that he should buy a Camaro based on said "experience."

So, everyone started chiming in not to pick a fight...but simply to point out to how misinformed you are. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, however. I do agree that the Camaro looks better.
No my experience isn't gospel whether the guy couldn't drive(like others have said) or just didn't want to push it doesn't make my experience any less then what it was which wa an encounterment. And have you ever driven in downtown chicago in traffic? It's not that hard to get left behind. And go look at my first post where did I say in it that the OP should buy a Camaro? Simple I didn't I just told an experience I had with one and said it's not fair to compare a coupe to a sedan. Thats something I never do. But I once never said he should buy a Camaro. Thanks for having a reading comprehension.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:04 AM   #50
SilverIce1
Silver Ice

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT Automatic
Different cars, different classes: Luxury sport vs. Muscle car?

Having owned several luxury cars, you will need to get that out of your system before you settle on a Camaro. There is zero comparison between the two cars at any point of the driving experience. IMO, standing still the Camaro looks better, but that is the only place the Camaro is better. But, if you do buy the Merc, by the longest extended warranty you can afford. You will need it. It isn't even the frequency of repairs that will kill the pocket, but rather everything that can go bad on that car will cost a small to moderate fortune to fix...
SilverIce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:21 AM   #51
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

And just for the record let me clear this up. I'm not saying the C63 isn't a better car then the Camaro, because it is and it should be when you are going to spend around 70,000 to get one. Thats stricker with some options on top of the mark-up the dealers put on them.

All I'm doing is stating an encounterment I had with one, by no means does that mean the Camaro is faster or a better performer. I'm saying its possible that someone in a Camaro can out perform someone in a better car. You can have a ferrari and if you don't know how to drive or handle the car can be beat by a modded honda. All I want to say is that yeah on paper a superior car should win everytime, but the simple fact remains that not everyone can do what the car is meant to do. Thats all I'm saying.

Sorry I shouldn't even told me story, because its not like it was a true race when you are flying around downtown chicago with traffic damn near bumper to bumper.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:00 AM   #52
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
SSump...nothing wrong with your story
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:17 AM   #53
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
No the AMG weights more like 4800 lbs and clocked the 60 at 4.3. And no story my story isn't bs. And who cares about a 60 time when you are already rolling in traffic. Did you not read my encounter it was on the highway moving through traffic. He couldn't follow and move like I could, I could care less about the 1320 you are quoting. and where did you get your numbers even mercedes doesn't quote those.

http://www.mercedes-amg.com/usa/inde...oom/models/c63

yeah check it out before typing false info.

I think you are confused, those sound more like the specs for the big S63. The C63 is indeed 3900 pounds, hits 60 in around 4 flat, and low 12s in the 1/4 mile, we won't even talk about handling.......
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:20 AM   #54
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
I think you are confused, those sound more like the specs for the big S63. The C63 is indeed 3900 pounds, hits 60 in around 4 flat, and low 12s in the 1/4 mile, we won't even talk about handling.......
not confused next time go to the link. Those are stats taken right off out the web-site. go check it out. And the I make a mistake on the weight, I took the total weight from off the web-site not curb.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:22 AM   #55
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
SSump...nothing wrong with your story
Thanks, I figured you would get what I'm saying seems you live in ATL and can see what I'm saying about being in traffic in a city like that.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:33 AM   #56
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
No my experience isn't gospel whether the guy couldn't drive(like others have said) or just didn't want to push it doesn't make my experience any less then what it was which wa an encounterment. And have you ever driven in downtown chicago in traffic? It's not that hard to get left behind. And go look at my first post where did I say in it that the OP should buy a Camaro? Simple I didn't I just told an experience I had with one and said it's not fair to compare a coupe to a sedan. Thats something I never do. But I once never said he should buy a Camaro. Thanks for having a reading comprehension.
Oh the Irony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelous View Post
The thread isn't BS, and I wasn't really comparing performance, so I didn't mean the "VS" part to mean put them up against each other at a drag strip.

I was merely thinking outloud... there is a price difference and I can see how most people will be confused as why I'm looking at both these vehicles as they seem like, well, apples and oranges.

I should have known better than to post, as most people would either not read my post, just the title or read my post and not care because in their head all they see is CAMARO VS C63...

Both cars are capable of making me completely happy... (ME)

... i'll just wait to drive a Camaro to make my final decision, then I'll just wait until it's time to buy and see if anything has changed between the two. Maybe I won't even care for either car when it comes down to finally buying myself a car.... we'll see.

Anyways, my mistake for making this thread.

edit: maybe it will make more sense if I said the Camaro has more of a sentimental value variable to it...

If the Camaro is sentimental to you than go ahead and pick one up. Its a great car for that type of thing and its probably why it was built.

But your right that your post does look funny to people because they just tend to read the title... thats what this section is for. But to be honest with you, if I could afford a C63 AMG right now, I'd be on that Forum posting up pictures of my new car.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote