Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 09-11-2009, 12:07 AM   #71
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelous View Post
I might go test drive one, but BMW in general, they're styling has never made me go "daaaaaaayummm" lol, I might test drive one for fun, but if I'm not big on the styling why even bother?

Great machines though.
6 series are the only ones i really like
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:18 AM   #72
Marvelous

Drives: ex 1st gen owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
6 series are the only ones i really like
To be honest, I like the previous model M5, before the current styling
Old 09-11-2009, 12:19 AM   #73
1320junkie

Quote:
To be honest, I like the previous model M5, before the current styling
I liked what it could do..not the styling..love the M6 though..man those things tuned can RUN!!
Old 09-11-2009, 12:26 AM   #74
Marvelous

Quote:
I liked what it could do..not the styling..love the M6 though..man those things tuned can RUN!!
Yes they can, I've seen videos of them, they're beasts, but at that price I'd prefer to just take a ZR1
Old 09-11-2009, 12:27 AM   #75
1320junkie

Quote:
Yes they can, I've seen videos of them, they're beasts, but at that price I'd prefer to just take a ZR1
yeah those are okay also..:
Old 09-11-2009, 12:53 AM   #76
Marvelous

Quote:
yeah those are okay also..:
Old 09-11-2009, 12:54 AM   #77
1320junkie

Quote:
Old 09-11-2009, 09:52 AM   #78
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
You know whats wrong with the ZR1?

Too slow. Like German Desert tortoises. Cant get out of their own way really....
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:06 AM   #79
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
Man, I thought I was alone on not really liking the way BMW's look...this thread is like my support group.

edit: on 2nd thought, I like the BMW 1200GS's. I'd take the SS and a 1200GS, then tell people I have a Camaro and a BMW and I'd still have change left over the AMG. There ya go- a perfectly reasonable solution.
MrIcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:17 AM   #80
1320junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
You know whats wrong with the ZR1?

Too slow. Like German Desert tortoises. Cant get out of their own way really....
ok you are pushing it..lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIcky View Post
Man, I thought I was alone on not really liking the way BMW's look...this thread is like my support group.

edit: on 2nd thought, I like the BMW 1200GS's. I'd take the SS and a 1200GS, then tell people I have a Camaro and a BMW and I'd still have change left over the AMG. There ya go- a perfectly reasonable solution.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:42 PM   #81
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
ok you are pushing it..lol

Old 09-11-2009, 03:42 PM   #82
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIcky View Post

Yea I guess everything is subjective, but having been in / driven both cars, Id say the AMG is more exciting but the M3 is nicer.

And if your going that direction, go pick up a Camaro V6 Daily Driver and a Ducati on the side
Old 09-11-2009, 05:04 PM   #83
pharmd
Master of Medicine

Drives: 4th Gen
I like the Mercedes and all, but I'd pick the Camaro for the same reason I traded my BMW in for the Camaro. Sometimes the decisions aren't about specs, they aren't about status, they aren't about performance numbers....sometimes you just buy something because that is what you want. I understand where the OP is coming from...I'm sorry, but you can pull a C63 AMG and a Camaro SS into nearly any parking lot in American on any given day, and 100% of the time the camaro will get more attention. I never had anyone video or snap pictures of my BMW while I was driving down the road, I've already had that happen to me in the camaro more times than I can count. (Reason 1)

With CCW drag pack (MT DR) and tune the fastest on dragtimes ran 11.4 @ 121...the 121 trap shows you what kind of power the car is making....for reference my car with less than 10K of mods and NO drag radials trapped 123. (Reason 2)

Its just me, but although I'm sure there are more amenities and more features..how much crap do you really need...all most of that stuff does anyway is to dilute driver involvement...and more technology to break. Also, I will say that IMHO I dont think the interior of my BMW was any nicer (or higher quality) than the Camaro....Plastic/rubber is plastic/rubber, leather (to me) is leather...Although the seat design was WAY more comfortable in the BMW. (Reason 3)

To me, the price difference is greater than the quality/performance difference. Not to mention, the LSX platform allows much greater and less expensive modifications, and cheaper parts if you break something...So I agree with the OP, there is a tough decision to be made...I've already made mine.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:15 PM   #84
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmd View Post
I like the Mercedes and all, but I'd pick the Camaro for the same reason I traded my BMW in for the Camaro. Sometimes the decisions aren't about specs, they aren't about status, they aren't about performance numbers....sometimes you just buy something because that is what you want. I understand where the OP is coming from...I'm sorry, but you can pull a C63 AMG and a Camaro SS into nearly any parking lot in American on any given day, and 100% of the time the camaro will get more attention. I never had anyone video or snap pictures of my BMW while I was driving down the road, I've already had that happen to me in the camaro more times than I can count. (Reason 1)

The C63 AMG has been out for a couple of years. Two years from now a black Camaro and Black AMG pull into the parking lot together, no way is the Camaro getting more attention 100% of the time.

With CCW drag pack (MT DR) and tune the fastest on dragtimes ran 11.4 @ 121...the 121 trap shows you what kind of power the car is making....for reference my car with less than 10K of mods and NO drag radials trapped 123. (Reason 2)

You want speed buy a Ducati and save 15k

Its just me, but although I'm sure there are more amenities and more features..how much crap do you really need...all most of that stuff does anyway is to dilute driver involvement...and more technology to break. Also, I will say that IMHO I dont think the interior of my BMW was any nicer (or higher quality) than the Camaro....Plastic/rubber is plastic/rubber, leather (to me) is leather...Although the seat design was WAY more comfortable in the BMW. (Reason 3)

It is painfully obvious you haven't driven the AMG. No one would begin to compare let alone mistake the interior quality or the amenities the car provides.

To me, the price difference is greater than the quality/performance difference. Not to mention, the LSX platform allows much greater and less expensive modifications, and cheaper parts if you break something...So I agree with the OP, there is a tough decision to be made...I've already made mine.
Valid point about the bang for buck, but the C63 AMG allows for much more value for dollar concerning mods. Go talk to the guys on their forum, they will talk about the 1000 dollars to 550hp plan haha.