Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-09-2012, 12:05 PM   #1
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Opinions: New Post Ford Mazdas worth it?

Recently started looking for my mom and my aunt who are up on their ford leases. Needless to say both have been utterly dissatisfied with their '09-'11 Fords but are caught in the Z plan trap where in the end they get a better deal at the price of quality.

But that's another story for another day.

Recently did learn that Ford and Mazda still honor Z plan pricing for Mazdas so with that in mind my Aunt had me look into the new CX-5 crossover from Mazda. Essentially a Kuga/Escape on roids with an available 6spd stick.

The Skyactiv tech is interesting, looks like they went the same route GM did with the Alpha and built the new tech and chassis from the ground up with performance on the mind for their whole range. CX-5 is no exception.

Just wondering if any of those out there who have driven or owned any of the post Ford Mazdas can attest to them getting a bit better and the powerplants being more stout and less.. prone to complaining as I've found Ford's new plants have?

Also, Ford failed hard, CX-5 ranks 2nd place in crossover hawt behind the 'Nox for the size. I'd drive that thing in a heartbeat as a DD with a 6spd. GM.. I hope you've got something in the pipe for Cadillac's revamped SRX or a possible lower rung baby 'Nox.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #2
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Want something smaller than Equinox, eh?

Hmm...
Old 03-09-2012, 12:33 PM   #3
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Want something smaller than Equinox, eh?

Hmm...
The CX5 package honestly is more enticing than the Baby Enclave.. and priced better in Chevy territory. The Skyactiv chassis thing is the major selling point for me, just curious if GM actually looked at the Mazda and pondered going in a similar direction to pan out to other buyers for their baby nox if one is in the pipeline.

And TBH.. the Escape and Baby Enclave just didn't do it.. we still got until MY13s start rolling out to decide. End of this year is when the lease is up on the god awful Milan.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #4
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Last I heard there was to be a Chevrolet cousin to the Encore. Whether or not that will ever come to fruition is a different story as I haven't heard much about it recently.