Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-13-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
J_Vibe92

Drives: 2013 Mustang 5.0
Magnaflow X Pipe Question

I have the 2011 Camaro Ls and I am buying the MRT V2.0 exhaust system. I want to buy the maganflow tru x pipe since I hear it's the best one to get for v6, but which diameter pipe should i get? 3 inch, 2.5 inch, etc??

Thank You
J_Vibe92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:26 PM   #2
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Old 12-13-2012, 06:27 PM   #3
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
If you are talking about the Magnaflow X pipe that you hear about very often in this section, then it is NOT the Tru-X pipe. What you likely want is the resonated X pipe...more or less a muffler.

The resonated X will help to control rasp, drone, and lower the exhaust note a hair.

The Tru-X may end up making it more raspy.

The part number you want for the resonated X is 11386
Old 12-13-2012, 06:31 PM   #4
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
If you are talking about the Magnaflow X pipe that you hear about very often in this section, then it is NOT the Tru-X pipe. What you likely want is the resonated X pipe...more or less a muffler.

The resonated X will help to control rasp, drone, and lower the exhaust note a hair.

Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:31 PM   #5
J_Vibe92

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post

How much are those worth?
Old 12-13-2012, 08:39 PM   #6
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Vibe92 View Post
How much are those worth?

I got mine shipped to the house for $95..
Old 12-21-2012, 04:34 AM   #7
BUZZCAMARO

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS Inferno Orange
I still got mine brand new in the box debating if I should have it installed.

My question is, what is "rasp"?

If your going to get the Magnflow X pipe, you will need two of the Walker part #41963 adaptors and 4 clamps (two 2.25" and two 2.5") as the Magnaflow does not include any with them. these are needed to connect with the stock 2 1/4" pipes. The entry side of the stock pipe before the H pipe fits because they are 2 1/2", but upon exit of the H pipe, they are 2 1/4". To clamp it on you'd need a whopping six clamps and good clamps are expensive (about $8.00 each). Sure, you'd save money clamping them on rather than pay a muffler shop to weld it on but the location is so that you can't do this unless you have a good way to lift it up, ramps won't do it for this project. I have a pic of before and after install of the Mag. 11386, I could post it later if requested. I'd take that photo with you to a muffler shop so there is no mis-understanding where it is supposed to go and what you expect them to do in order for them to estimate the price.

BTW, I went with the Flowmaster axle back which are a very simple in your drive-way clamp on fit. The sound is deep and low but I think the 11386s would make it sound evan better. Yes it would add some weight and cost more money but this might be just the ticket to get it to sound as good as you can get from a V6. The Magnaflow 11386 is impressively built and I'd bet it would deepen the pitch any type of exhaust system. The weight gain might be worth it though, wouldn't it add to the efficiency of the exhaust over the stock H?

If you have lowering springs on your car, you should bring along planks of lumber with you as your car will bottom out on the lift, don't ask how I know Not sure about what size these planks need to be but I have made a set out of 10" wide lumber, and they are about 34" long. I found out that planks needed to be ramped on the ends as the board will just skuffle away, also, don't ask how I know I have not got around to taking a photo of the ramps I made but I may do so later. The muffler shop I went to had me back the car off of the lift and they used the one with the swing-out arms and than there was still clearance issues, than he asked his buddy Bubba to pull up on the front of the car so the arms would fit under it. You don't know my shock and horror as Bubba used the fender (lip area over the front wheels) to lift up the car, I just about wanted to bitch slap them both.
There was no damage done to my car but I figure that if they did that stuff, I would never have them work on this car, just got the estimate and than left.

Last edited by BUZZCAMARO; 12-21-2012 at 05:04 AM.
BUZZCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #8
jmontalvo

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUZZCAMARO View Post
I still got mine brand new in the box debating if I should have it installed.

My question is, what is "rasp"?
Seeing as you changed out your exhaust already, rasp is the high pitched sound you hear whenever someone revs their straight piped V6 or stock. It makes it sound like a ricer.

The resonated x pipe isn't necessary. I had it installed when I had my Magnaflow mufflers installed. The sound was mild in volume but deep in note. There was no rasp whatsoever. Now that I have long tube headers, the resonated x pipe removed the would-be rasp.
|Trifecta Tune|Custom Magnaflow Exhaust|Cold Air Inductions C.A.I.|BBK LTs w/ HFC|Anvil Rear Notch Glossy CF Spoiler|Body Color Heritage Grille|10 spoke polished ZL1 replica wheels|VMAX ported TB|RS Headlights|Night Owl RGB Halos
jmontalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:00 PM   #9
Elykson
Custom One Off

Drives: 2010 Chicago Blackhawks Edition #1
This is the first I've heard of using specialized clamps for the installation of an x-pipe.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:11 PM   #10
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
How much volume do you lose with the res. x pipe? I'm probably going to do this because supercharger + LT headers + high flow cats + MRT V1 = a good amount of drone and rasp. The thing is freaking loud (which I like). However I want to get rid/reduce the rasp and drone, and hopefully not loose too much volume.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:48 PM   #11
KalCorp
Space Coast Camaros

Drives: 2012 Camaro Vert
I lost about 1/2 volume. adding the res x pipe after i put in the LT. but its most in the higher range. it keeps the low deep tones.

I also just removed the Stock Res cans :-)
KalCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:50 PM   #12
J_Vibe92

Well I got the mrt v2.0 so when it's I stalled I'll decide on the pipe
Old 12-27-2012, 09:05 PM   #13
koolcamaro
Impossible=only a opinion

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS RJT
last I heard the 11386 is a tru xpipe enclosed in a muffler enclosure.

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android
koolcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote