Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #1
jessicamariella
Chase me...

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT
Unhappy A Sad Day - First Camaro Injury

So, I knew the time would come - just didn't think it would be so soon!!

I recently drove from Pennsylvania to West Virginia to watch my cousin graduate high school. I hate driving on the Pennsylvania Turnpike with a passion and avoid it at all costs, but it was the most convenient way to get to my destination.

Well, on the drive back home a rock made contact with my windshield and I now have a lovely 6 inch crack on my windshield! So livid. Was it perhaps instant karma???

I was so eager to get home, crabby from sitting in Memorial Day traffic. I was doing 91 in a 55 and drove right past a cop. I saw his brake lights come on and he started down the hill, but then he stopped. I thought, oh great... he's going to phone a friend and pull me over up the road. Dropped down to the speed limit and then a rock introduces itself to my windshield.

To add insult to injury... prior to making it back to Pennsylvania... my lovely GPS took me down a "highway" that turned into a one lane gravel road. Shortly after dumping me on this highway, both GPSs decided they were done talking to satellites. I continued down the road because roads in WV frequently turn into dirt roads, usually on a temporary basis though. The road got worse and worse. It would be 45 minutes to an hour of driving before I found some kind people camping. I had no where to turn around and the road just got worse and worse. All because I wanted to make it to Lewis Wetzel wildlife park to take a picture of the sign, all in an effort to impress a guy I'm getting to know who has the same name!

I did make it to the Lewis Wetzel park...eventually. All I can say is, the sign could have been bigger for all that work!!

Anyway, for anyone having a less than good day... I hope my story made your day feel less awful! Now... off to find out where I can get my windshield repaired!!!!!

PS. I know my windshield is dirty... the pollen keeps attacking my car!!!!
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2013, 05:12 PM   #2
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Life happens, that's what glass coverage is for.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:31 PM   #3
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
Happened to me driving home a brand new car from the dealer.

I feel your pain.... But it could have been worse.
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:15 PM   #4
jessicamariella
Chase me...

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT
I agree. It happens and it could have been much worse!
Old 06-02-2013, 07:17 PM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicamariella View Post
So, I knew the time would come - just didn't think it would be so soon!!

I recently drove from Pennsylvania to West Virginia to watch my cousin graduate high school. I hate driving on the Pennsylvania Turnpike with a passion and avoid it at all costs, but it was the most convenient way to get to my destination.

Well, on the drive back home a rock made contact with my windshield and I now have a lovely 6 inch crack on my windshield! So livid. Was it perhaps instant karma???

I was so eager to get home, crabby from sitting in Memorial Day traffic. I was doing 91 in a 55 and drove right past a cop. I saw his brake lights come on and he started down the hill, but then he stopped. I thought, oh great... he's going to phone a friend and pull me over up the road. Dropped down to the speed limit and then a rock introduces itself to my windshield.

To add insult to injury... prior to making it back to Pennsylvania... my lovely GPS took me down a "highway" that turned into a one lane gravel road. Shortly after dumping me on this highway, both GPSs decided they were done talking to satellites. I continued down the road because roads in WV frequently turn into dirt roads, usually on a temporary basis though. The road got worse and worse. It would be 45 minutes to an hour of driving before I found some kind people camping. I had no where to turn around and the road just got worse and worse. All because I wanted to make it to Lewis Wetzel wildlife park to take a picture of the sign, all in an effort to impress a guy I'm getting to know who has the same name!

I did make it to the Lewis Wetzel park...eventually. All I can say is, the sign could have been bigger for all that work!!

Anyway, for anyone having a less than good day... I hope my story made your day feel less awful! Now... off to find out where I can get my windshield repaired!!!!!

PS. I know my windshield is dirty... the pollen keeps attacking my car!!!!
Hi jessicamariella,

Really sorry to hear about your windshield. I know that must be frustrating for you. Please keep us updated on the process of repair and don't hesitate to contact us with any questions.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care