Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 10-17-2017, 03:10 PM   #15
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Lol, who needs friends like theses....

Good luck
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:13 PM   #16
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
They aren't friends of any type if the pull this Crap. Call your Insurance Co and give them his info
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:40 PM   #17
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
You absolutely just admitted to possible insurance fraud. Don't do it!

Get an estimate and tell him to pay for the damage he caused or submit it to his insurance. Not a cool thing for this "friend" to do at all.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:48 PM   #18
Vintendo

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Convert
I'm not sure where the idea of insurance fraud entered here but that's a definite misunderstanding that must've been somehow lost here in translation in no way would I ever even consider doing something like that. Just wanted to get that straighten out.

I meant I would be calling my Insurance and telling them he committed a hit and run on my car.

In all honesty I am very confused about all this as I have never had this happen before or been in a spot like this.

The more time goes by the more I think about how they acted after the fact. Which makes me want to have no mercy on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EDIT:

I went back and reread my OP just to see where the misunderstanding of any "fraud" might have come from. I corrected my wording and added an edit in there to explain things Better. Again I am just in a spot where i have no idea how this all Works and I was torn between being a "friend" or treating it like a stranger hit me and I dont care what he says
Vintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 04:03 PM   #19
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
Friends are friends, but business is business. To me, this falls under the latter. I would not hesitate to call your insurance company and get it done. If they are stand up people they will eat the deductible, not come up with excuses. Even if it's so much per month.

I had a friend open my pass door and slam it into a post, big old dent, we called a paintless dent guy and he fixed it the next day, my friend paid for it, no problem.

I would be furious and probably not as nice as you if that happened to my Flash, for sure!!

Good luck man!!
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 04:38 PM   #20
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
First off, quit calling them "friends"... Friend's don't commit a Hit and Run on another friend's vehicle.

Hand it over to your insurance, and remove them from your social circle.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 04:51 PM   #21
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Contact your insurance. They will make sure his insurance covers it.

Then ask for a ZL1 bumper ;o) Should be about the same price... Upgrade! bumper can be rnr'd in about an hour..

-Don

Last edited by hammdo; 10-19-2017 at 08:52 AM.
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 04:59 PM   #22
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherob View Post
First off, quit calling them "friends"... Friend's don't commit a Hit and Run on another friend's vehicle.

Hand it over to your insurance, and remove them from your social circle.
I agree with the above 110%! If you had not of telephoned you can be assured they would never have called you! Regardless of their social standing common decency and manning up to your faults is the backbone of a man, this one is definitely lacking all around.

Larry
Old 10-18-2017, 10:29 AM   #23
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
You can't just claim hit and run as you will eventually get hit with higher fees. Also, will these "friends" really come through with the deductible money after you claim to the insurance company you don't know who hit it? And if you tell them "who" hit it, you could be getting them in even bigger trouble if you claim that they "hit and ran." The best way is to say you just got around to calling. Here's your "friends" information. They innocently hit the car in your driveway. "How do I proceed?"
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 07:26 AM   #24
Vintendo

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Convert
Quote:
Originally Posted by samman11 View Post
You can't just claim hit and run as you will eventually get hit with higher fees. Also, will these "friends" really come through with the deductible money after you claim to the insurance company you don't know who hit it? And if you tell them "who" hit it, you could be getting them in even bigger trouble if you claim that they "hit and ran." The best way is to say you just got around to calling. Here's your "friends" information. They innocently hit the car in your driveway. "How do I proceed?"
again im not sure where it came from that i would be claiming not to know who hit my car.

What I was saying was I was never in a situation like this and Was assuming that when we call the insurance that we would both be paying a deductible, again having never had this happen in my life .

And I would only have claimed hit and run as I don't know them well.. and had no idea if they would just Poof be gone and we never heard from them again..

But with all that said again..

There is an Update.. I met with the guy that hit my car today and Told him what you guys pretty much told me here. He informed me that he would call his insurance company in the am and let me know what they tell him..

I just hope that he wasn't lying and doesn't have insurance or something ... again I don't know him well enough to make that call yet ... Guess we will see what happens today .
Vintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 03:49 PM   #25
Angie11

Drives: 2011 ss rs convertable
MY 2 cents... you need some perspective here, its a bumper cover, like someone else mentioned 1 hour to RNR and then get a new one painted and installed...you act like the car got hit at 70 MPH and is ruined, once repaired it will be just like new.

I'm an insurance agent, this will be a property damage claim for him, no ded or cost to him at all and don't buy all the insurance BS you hear, most companys don't do anything about 1 claim...period, end of story. if he has more claims then it his problem and not your worry. If he dosent have insurance it will be a collision claim for you, have him pay your ded and move on, and if he cant come up with the $250 ded you said you have then you will eat the $250

Its a pain in the ass but that's it.... I can think of a list a mile long of worse things
Angie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:11 PM   #26
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie11 View Post
MY 2 cents... you need some perspective here, its a bumper cover, like someone else mentioned 1 hour to RNR and then get a new one painted and installed...you act like the car got hit at 70 MPH and is ruined, once repaired it will be just like new.

I'm an insurance agent, this will be a property damage claim for him, no ded or cost to him at all and don't buy all the insurance BS you hear, most companys don't do anything about 1 claim...period, end of story. if he has more claims then it his problem and not your worry. If he dosent have insurance it will be a collision claim for you, have him pay your ded and move on, and if he cant come up with the $250 ded you said you have then you will eat the $250

Its a pain in the ass but that's it.... I can think of a list a mile long of worse things

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:52 PM   #27
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie11 View Post

But if he has to claim it on his collision then it may not affect his insurance on this claim but what if he has a another claim in a year or two? I know for a fact some insurance companies will keep it on your record for 3 or more years. So it can penalize him in the future.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:15 PM   #28
Angie11

Drives: 2011 ss rs convertable
You can "What if" everything..what if the body shop that fixes his car burns down with his car in it......deal with the now
Angie11 is offline   Reply With Quote