Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 10-19-2017, 05:31 PM   #29
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie11 View Post
MY 2 cents... you need some perspective here, its a bumper cover, like someone else mentioned 1 hour to RNR and then get a new one painted and installed...you act like the car got hit at 70 MPH and is ruined, once repaired it will be just like new.

I'm an insurance agent, this will be a property damage claim for him, no ded or cost to him at all and don't buy all the insurance BS you hear, most companys don't do anything about 1 claim...period, end of story. if he has more claims then it his problem and not your worry. If he dosent have insurance it will be a collision claim for you, have him pay your ded and move on, and if he cant come up with the $250 ded you said you have then you will eat the $250

Its a pain in the ass but that's it.... I can think of a list a mile long of worse things
The way I see it, It's not only about money. It's more about the behavior of someone who just had dinner at his house and then KNOWINGLY drives away after damaging his car. Sure there are worse things, but it would bother me as well if a "friend" did this to me. And no, after his trying to hide the fact that he hit the car, I wouldn't "eat" the $250. Screw that.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 05:46 PM   #30
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie11 View Post
You can "What if" everything..what if the body shop that fixes his car burns down with his car in it......deal with the now
LOL. Isn’t that the whole point of having insurance is to be prepared for the “What If’s”? I would rather save my claims for the big “What if’s” and not waste it on a small what if that was not my fault anyway..
Old 10-19-2017, 10:45 PM   #31
Loveride

Drives: Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
If they indeed have no insurance and no money it's gonna be damn impossible to get them to help out with your deductible, looks like your gonna wind up paying your deductible and scratching them from the friend list, good luck though.
Loveride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 08:54 AM   #32
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Let's look at this in baseball terms. A team gets 3 strikes for an out, 3 outs in an inning and 9 innings in a game. That's a total of 81 attempts before the game is over (not counting foul balls).
That is way too many attempts when it comes to personal, semi-friend issues.
I give one chance and it is over.
This couple has proven they are not true friends. Report it to the police, report it to your insurance company. That is why you pay taxes and insurance.
If they don't have insurance, let their chips fall where they may. They are already guilty of hit and run with damage over $500. That and the possible lack of insurance could come with serious consequences.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:25 AM   #33
frenchsquared

Drives: 15 Z28, 01 Corvette, 96 Corvette
I would not want them as a friend. I would cut them loose for lying. Had they told me and they honestly could not afford to fix I would tell them to hunt the junk yards. Have them do the leg work and find a color matched factory bumper with no damage. Then I would pay for it and let them pay me back.

It takes a couple hours to change the bumper. A junk yard one will not show on your insurance and it will be factory paint. Thus it will hold up better.

Since they lied... I would just find the bumper myself and tell them to kick rocks.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:52 AM   #34
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Never go to their house for Dinner!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 10:34 AM   #35
Slvr-camaro15

Drives: 2017 zl1 ,2010 SS /RS L99
My 2 cents !!

At this point , I can relate to what you are going through . The financial aspect of the loss incurred is one part of it and then again there is the social aspect of it . I completely understand when u say , it's not much about the money but more about "how cud they !!! . Then based on the experience afterwards dealing with them your thoughts turn more into "how dare they " . The best way to resolve the situation is to call the guy and let him know CLEARLY what options you have and what options he has. And then to ask him if he could keep u posted on what has decided. This way it will rule out any sort of negativity in this situation and the matter will be resolved amicably to both parties satisfaction . Good luck .
Old 10-20-2017, 10:59 AM   #36
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Never go to their house for Dinner!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 08:06 PM   #37
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
Call your carrier asap. You have a responsibility to uphold when your car is in an accident. As far as these people being friends.. well you know know the difference. Real friends would have told you the truth right away no matter how much it hurts.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:33 PM   #38
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
What kind of po dunk, Micky Mouse Insurance companies do you people have?

If you find damage to your car, you call your insurance company and follow their instructions. If they need a police report, you call the police. If you know who caused the damage, you get their info and turn it over to your insurance company.

You take your car to an authorized repair shop, pick up your rental car and go back get your car when the repairs are done.

You pay your own deductible sparky, because you chose it genius. Your rates don’t increase if it’s not your fault, unless you have some back alley car insurance, and abortions on the side kinda company I guess.

As far as the friend issue. Only you can answer that one OP. However, what can be said for sure is they have no integrity and no moral compass whatsoever and if you hadn’t have called them they would have never fessed up, so your choice is clear.

Edit. This is not your headache. Your insurance company will sort it out. Don’t talk to the other person. He’s already proved his trustworthyness is zero. Your insurance company will deal with his insurance company including making him pay his own deductible. What he can or cannot afford is not your problem.

Last edited by SquawkVFR; 10-21-2017 at 08:52 PM.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 08:53 PM   #39
Clarkstar

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moreair1 View Post
True friends would not do that to friends, to me give them the option to use there insurance, if they refuse call the police get a accident report and give them there description of car and plates, and even if they do use there insurance for me I would have a hard time having trust in them
Do this....
2013 1le- Katech 416 short block, TSP custom grind cam, LOD intake, cnc heads by F.ED., Nick William's 102mm T.B., CORN fed, Pedders coilovers. Performance street alingnment by Justin at Lake Country Alignment and dyno tune by Late Model Throttle.

603 h.p. 495 ft lbs tq.
Clarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 10:17 PM   #40
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Well, they do have a small amount of integrity because, at least, they admitted it. More than I can say about some of my so called "friends".

Anyway, I'd get the bumper fixed to your satisfaction and then present them with the bill. If OE paint is your thing, try to search for a mint silver bumper at the junkyard. If not, then just buy a new bumper and have a good shop paint it.

In fact, I think you get new bumpers prepainted on Ebay. That way, you can leave the insurance crooks out of it and not have any dings on your Carfax history report if you know what I mean.

When they come over next time, make them park on the street.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 01:46 AM   #41
Vintendo

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Convert
I wanted to Update everyone. first off i want to thank everyone as well for the awesome help that you guys have Given me.

me and my gf sat here the other night like .. wow that many people feel the same way we do about this..

So the Story sits at the moment like this.. I talked to them A few nights later in person and Expressed my feelings about how I wasn't upset about them hitting my car... as mistakes and accidents always happen..

it was the Fact of how things went down After that. that i didn't Care much for..

So I told him that he would need to call his insurance and let them know what happen or i would be calling the police to let them know what happen.

after a few stern stares.. he says to me ... I will call in the morning.. and I gave him my info and so on.

I have yet to hear anything back.. they said monday they should hear something?

Again who knows.. Im new to all this ..
Vintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 09:34 AM   #42
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
The OP notices the damage on the 17th. Tomorrow is the 23rd. This is more than enough time to have started the process and more than likely have dropped the car off to begin repairs.

The “friend” has misled, deflected and lied out right, and through omission at every turn with the OP risking being dragged along even more. He’s relying on stern stares to get things done and trusting a person who continues to show poor ethics.

The insurance companies still haven’t been notified. (By the way they REALLY frown on it when they aren’t promptly notified). The longer you wait, the more hassle you’ll have getting his insurance company to pay, if at all. Your friend isn’t stupid. Why weren’t the police called? Why’d you wait so long to report it? Where was it parked? Was there any damage to the other car? How can you be sure his vehicle did the damage? Why should he admit to it if there’s no actual proof and pay the deductible and drive his rates up? “Hmmmmm, on second thought...maybe it wasn’t my truck that hit your car.”

And no one else sees anything fundamentally wrong with any of this?

I can almost write the last entry on this thread. “Well my friend screwed me and now I’m out $1000 for a new front end.”

But I’m probably wrong. Sounds like a stand up guy and everything will work out fine.

Last edited by SquawkVFR; 10-22-2017 at 01:49 PM.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote