Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-23-2009, 08:09 AM   #29
FISHTAIL

Drives: Sedan & 2SS / RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom40k View Post

For the love of gawd ppl, the whole "get the V-8 over the V-6 if you even get a slight itch in your mind about upgrades" gets annoying. He is just asking questions and "Get a V-8" certainly is not a answer that belongs in this thread.
Slight itch?! Come on.. It seem more like an overhaul! Just give it to Jessie and he'll gut it out, put a tractor engine on it with a wheelie bar
Old 08-09-2009, 10:25 AM   #30
mgscustomtune

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Itch or not that is what mods are all about. All l have to say there will Supercharges turbo's cam's ect avalibe very soon it will be such a huge market on the V6
mgscustomtune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #31
philthy

Drives: 1971 Monte Carlo/2010 Camaro 2LT
Wow! back from the dead....three year old thread!
1971 Monte Carlo
philthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:11 PM   #32
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
That is an oldie! Guess some of the questions have been answered.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:20 PM   #33
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
That is an oldie! Guess some of the questions have been answered.

I didn't even look at the post date, which lead me to ask myself how does he not know some of these answers, when we've been doing so much to our V6's
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:31 PM   #34
Witwicky
I AM NOT FAMOUS ANYMORE

Drives: 2010 2LT
Get a ZL1
Witwicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:54 AM   #35
Neuf Cruz

Drives: 2011 LS Black on Black 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by philthy View Post
Wow! back from the dead....three year old thread!
Are you surprised?

Neuf Cruz

Roto-Fab CAI-Ported Throttle Body-Black Ice Isolator-Flow Master Axle Back-RX-Catch Can-Hurst Short Throw Shifter-Trifecta Tune\Ghost Cam

Phantom Billet Grill-Billet Fuel Door-Side Gills-Headlight Armor Black Out Kit-Zenik Rims-Lowering Springs-MGP Caliper Covers-Dome\Trunk\Footwell Lighting.
Neuf Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:35 AM   #36
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
In my efforts to justify the idea of getting a V6, I have had no trouble finding reasons to fall in love with the LLT. I do, however, have questions that would make a lot of V6 owners happy to know about their Camaros.

Can we put those V8 Brembos on the V6? I want big brakes.

How hard can we push the transmission? If I manage to build a 450-hp V6, I want to know that my 6-speed auto or manual will survive.

Does the V8 transmission fit? The easiest way to reconcile V6 transmission problems is to install a comparable transmission. I want to know what it will take to bolt on a new transmission.

How hard can we push the 3.6L DI VVT V6? The internals are strong, but how strong are they? Can I inject a 250-shot of nitrous oxide or slap on a supercharger with low or high pressure? What pressure are we talking? There are lots of questions, but I'm basically seeking a breakdown of what parts need upgrades at what amount of horsepower.

Who is already confirmed as making aftermarket parts? This isn't even my question, but the concern is that the V6 aftermarket isn't big yet, so I'm hoping that an answer to this will alleviate some fears.

How is it attached? In other words, if I wanted to attach another engine in the engine bay, what will bolt up? For those who want to keep their cars after a few years of driving, can we swap a V8 into it? How different is the V6 engine bay from the V8 engine bay? For this question to be answered, photos of every engine and transmission mount on the V6 and V8 may be necessary.

Can the V6 suspension be replaced with the V8 suspension? For those who want to make any future SS clones, this is a vital question. Also, those who have concerns about running with the Cobalt SS may want to know that they can upgrade to the supreme suspension that made great time on the Nurburgring.

How hard is the dash to upgrade? If I want to put in a different speedometer, I want to know that I can. I'm not saying that I would do it because that is about the most worthless mod out there, but some people like the appearance of aftermarket gauges in the dash.

Can I plug in my iPod? The C&C package is nice, but I want to see about aftermarket compatibility with a unit that can be wired to the glove box instead of the main cabin of the car. I just like the idea of not having my iPod on display when I leave the car. This question applies to both V6 and V8 owners' cars.

Can I see the back of the head unit? This applies to V8s, too. We need some definitive answers about pre-outs, wiring, and how we're going to install audio upgrades. It would be nice to know what kind of a wiring mess we're going to have before we send our cars to Prosound, Car Toyz, or Best Buy for modification. Will we be waiting an hour or a day? How much is wired through that radio? Will I have to wait six months for Scosche to make a wiring harness that costs $120?

How hard is the computer going to be to tune? Will I have to wait for HPTuners to make a tune in the next three years, instead relying on piggy-back programs, like 2.2L Cobalt owners did from 2005 until 2008 or will the ECM and PCM be the same ones used in other cars? Part numbers and evidence will be necessary to answer this question. This is a great opportunity for any trolling parts dealers and tuning companies to announce their upcoming products.

Is GM working on performance upgrades that compete with Ford? Let's not forget that Ford has supercharger kits for the Mustang GT that would allow it to easily beat the Camaro SS at the track. I'd like to know that the Camaro LS is going to have more support than the Mustang GT from the manufacturer. It's a show of customer support, and it does make a difference. Let's also not forget that GM just released a new LNF tune that makes the turbo-4 even more impressive than it already was. I'd like to see some aggressive LLT tuning to show off GM's high-technology V6 as both a testament to efficiency and a testament to V6 power.

I'm sure there are more questions, but these are the hard ones that are going to make V6s more justifiable for those who haven't committed to one yet. The right answers to these questions will lead to a stronger V6 community with enthusiasm to boot. These are not specifically concerns of mine, but they are concerns that I've seen by enthusiasts, and it doesn't hurt to have some answers. I'm know around here for supporting GM, so I have lots of confidence that GM experts will have some very good answers for these questions. Those who happen to know the answers are more than welcome to answer, but answer with facts, pictures, and numbers rather than speculation about flying Z28s running on Mr. Fusion.
Seems like all the alterations you want it will be more cost effective to get a ZL1. The SS will be even cheaper by the time you complete your v6 mods. But cost for cost you are in ZL1 territory.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:44 AM   #37
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Just realized this post is over 3 years old.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote