Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-26-2009, 06:53 PM   #1
OUQTU
Former 2SS/RS Owner

Drives: Mini Countryman
Unhappy A plea to GM

One thing these forums have done for me is bring me some comfort in knowing that I'm not the only one to have placed my first 2010 Camaro order with a disreputable dealer, only to have to cancel it and reorder with a better (in my case WAY better) dealer. Unfortunately what this means is that my original order date in mid-October has now slipped to the end of February. In other words I (and probably many others) have had to go from near the front of the line all the way to the back. I have seen some say that complaints get you nowhere but there is something GM could do if they want to encourage their dealers to stop preying on unsuspecting customers. They could take allocations from the price-gouging dealers and give them to the MSRP and below dealers instead. In my case moving an allocation from Win Kelly Chevrolet in Clarksville, Maryland (boo!) to Fitzgerald Auto Mall in Frederick, Maryland (yay!) may not really get me my car any sooner but it would definitely make me feel better as a loyal GM customer. Just some food for thought.

Last edited by OUQTU; 03-28-2009 at 07:26 AM.
OUQTU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:56 PM   #2
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
What kind of gouging were they talking about? I would be so pissed.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:57 PM   #3
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Particularly if the dealer is ordering for floor stock.!
Old 02-26-2009, 06:58 PM   #4
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
That certainly is too bad, but the good news is that you are going to be saving money in the end (even if you have to wait a little longer). Hopefully, more people will realize that dealer (Win Kelly) is a bad one and the market will punish them (out of business).
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:02 PM   #5
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
Hey I've been to the Fitzgerald Auto Mall in Frederick, MD... I used to work at Ft Detrick.
I've always had good dealings with them...
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:05 PM   #6
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Win Kelly Chevrolet = Price Gougers = FAIL

Bay Chevrolet in Mobile AL is my dealer. The 1000.00 deposit is non-refundable if I just quit on them, but that won't happen. Any problems out of my control is refundable. So that's not cool but they were up front with me as far as everything else and I got 'MSRP' and 'I keep the stock RS wheels' in writing.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:08 PM   #7
OUQTU
Former 2SS/RS Owner

Drives: Mini Countryman
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
That certainly is too bad, but the good news is that you are going to be saving money in the end (even if you have to wait a little longer). Hopefully, more people will realize that dealer (Win Kelly) is a bad one and the market will punish them (out of business).
I'd certainly like to see them get burnt in some way, but I'm not sure I'm ready to say they should go out of business (I don't know if everyone there deserves to lose their jobs). The guy I was dealing with was their "Internet Sales Manager" and he was definitely up to something. He kept deflecting my attempts to see my WorkBench sheet, was sticking to $3K over MSRP no matter what I told him other dealers were offering, and outright lied to me by trying to tell me GM wasn't going to be building any SS models for "a long time." I think he was actually trying to get me to bail on my order so he could keep it for floor stock when it came in. I checked with Chevrolet Customer Service yesterday and they still had not cancelled my order in WorkBench. I'm trying to get it cancelled from GM's end.
OUQTU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:21 AM   #8
paulv7260

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUQTU View Post
I checked with Chevrolet Customer Service yesterday and they still had not cancelled my order in WorkBench. I'm trying to get it cancelled from GM's end.
I did the same thing as you. I ordered on 10/13 but cancelled and reordered with a different dealer on 11/29. The original dealer has not cancelled my order because it is money in the bank for them. I doubt GM will cancel the order because it is a sale.

Bottom-line is that I think you did the right thing. Even with my second dealer if they change the terms and I don't like them (not likely) I will walk and wait for either a 2011 or something else entirely.
paulv7260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:37 AM   #9
mwoodengr
Clueless Member

Drives: 2005 PT Cruiser Convertible
Don't bother asking GM for help on this. I have a an issue with my original dealership and tried to cancel, then the original dealership said my deposit was non-refundable (funny thing, cause everything I signed said nothing about it being non-refundable, and all verbal communication said it was refundable). I call GM to try and get the order transferred to another dealer and they said no, they could not help (I talked to three different people at GM, even had some kind of inquire file started). My credit card went after the original dealer and got my deposit back and I have since re-order at another dealer.
Eventually these bad dealerships will go under. The days of subprime borrowers getting ripped off and banks given any kind of car loans to anyone with a heart beat are over. This is how these dealers survived, now they will not be able to get educated buyers into their showrooms, because of these antics.

Original order - Cancelled
1100 = 11/15/2009
New Order
1100 = Preliminary Order: 1/26/2009
2000 = Accepted By GM: 5/27/2009
3000 = Accepted By Production Control: 6/16/2009
3800 = Produced: ?
4150 = Invoiced: ?
4200 = Shipped: 7/3/2009
5000 = Delivered To Dealer: 7/14/2009
6000 = 7/18/2009
mwoodengr is offline   Reply With Quote