Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Pay It Forward and Free Give Aways

Old 02-11-2012, 07:01 AM   #757
Birm

Drives: Florida Speed & Power
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadoww View Post
Unsubscribing...
This isn't really that hard guys. If you want to pass something on then do it. It's out of the goodness of your heart.
If you don't have anything to pass on, that's fine!
There is only two rules to this page. No asking for things, and be respectful (by they way... That pretty much applies to everything in life).
I am not unsubscribing but I think this is starting to get away from the original intent.

Respect is no longer being showed/people are taking advantage of others kindnes.

You are not required to pass things on as stated, but you should be required; to have a moral compass, to not take advantage of others, and when you have the ability, help others in need.
Birm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:22 AM   #758
Black1SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS 6 Speed
It all comes down to a honor code. If we start putting rules and regulations on everything then the person is not doing something because they want to but because they are required to by the rules.
It all comes down to the persons moral compass. If they feel it is right to keep asking and asking and asking and never giving, they are the ones who have to lay there head down at night and sleep. Let them deal with that.
Lets keep this thread going were it originally intended which was a place for great people to offer things they had no need for in order to help out someone else whether that person can afford to buy the part or not. We have to trust that the people on the other end will live up to the same honor system that we do.
This is a great community and a awesome thread so lets not loose what it was intended for by argueing back and forth over little things. This forum and thread are better than that.
JMHO but I was inspired by this thread and think if someone new was to read the last few pages, they would not get the same inspiration that I did.
Thanks guys and gals
Black1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:47 AM   #759
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Caroline View Post
This is a a bit of inspiration to me. Being in high school, I don't have money to mod. My parents aren't gonna mod my car for me (thats fair with me), HECK, I get to drive my dream car! But recently I have started to lose the desire to mod. I guess just because I can't put money towards it and it has started to feel like it will never happen. I have stopped coming to C5 as much as I used to and stopped looking at new parts I can't afford.
When I saw this thread the first day it opened I thought eh this one will go south just like the last. But it didn't. And though I have not chimmed in until now, I have seen a lot of great stuff given away that I missed. oh well! I just thought your post was profound enough to make me speak up. I think its great that you are "lookin for the little guy". I go to school with kids who drive top of the line, every option SS camaros and their parents pay for all their mods. I just consider myself lucky my parents are willing to pay for my car at all.

I love em, and I love my car, even if its not an SS, even if I have the stock LS wheels or no spoiler or leather or premium audio. It's my car and thats what matters to me!
Very well said. My parents have both paid for my car and my mods and while that would make me spoiled I do not take anything for granted. I do not have my parents buy me every mod I would like as that would be insane. I am now starting to save up my money to purchase the mods that I want in the future. While it will take a while I will still get it. What people have given away in this thread is just plain out incredible. I would most likely not take anything from here as a I have been blessed with being able to have what I have.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:27 AM   #760
PLuche

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Caroline View Post
This is a a bit of inspiration to me. Being in high school, I don't have money to mod. My parents aren't gonna mod my car for me (thats fair with me), HECK, I get to drive my dream car! But recently I have started to lose the desire to mod. I guess just because I can't put money towards it and it has started to feel like it will never happen. I have stopped coming to C5 as much as I used to and stopped looking at new parts I can't afford.
When I saw this thread the first day it opened I thought eh this one will go south just like the last. But it didn't. And though I have not chimmed in until now, I have seen a lot of great stuff given away that I missed. oh well! I just thought your post was profound enough to make me speak up. I think its great that you are "lookin for the little guy". I go to school with kids who drive top of the line, every option SS camaros and their parents pay for all their mods. I just consider myself lucky my parents are willing to pay for my car at all.

I love em, and I love my car, even if its not an SS, even if I have the stock LS wheels or no spoiler or leather or premium audio. It's my car and thats what matters to me!
wait to you get to college. You are in high school and you drive a Camaro! I would have loved that while in high school. Thats freaking top of the line.

Im in college while paying for my car and other bills. Only mods i get are the ones i can do my self or buy for really cheap.

That being said. Lets stop the pity party and keep on giving/receiving.
PLuche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #761
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
How about we start another thread with the rules, then close it for responses. Start your own thread for what you want to pay it forward, then list as all others are doing. The chatter is nice, but not productive. If you want to participate per the rules, do so. If not, do not. All the rules can be in your thread for those to see. Let's close this thread.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #762
IOM Black Diamond
HT5 COTW 1/21/13

Drives: 2010 Camaro Inferno 2SS RS 6M
Ok lets get this back on track. I was at Walmart last night and found Camaro ZL1 hot wheels. I know it is hard to find them some places. I couldn't find one anywhere and a member sent me two. Now that I have found some I want to pass it on. Let me know if you would like it. Name:  IMAG1274.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  85.1 KB
Old 02-13-2012, 10:57 AM   #763
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Drives: 2019 OC 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtNMyTeeth View Post
Ok lets get this back on track. I was at Walmart last night and found Camaro ZL1 hot wheels. I know it is hard to find them some places. I couldn't find one anywhere and a member sent me two. Now that I have found some I want to pass it on. Let me know if you would like it. Attachment 335647
I wish they made black ones. I'd be all over that. Hope someone enjoys the red one!

MackMan via Tapatalk
MackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:06 AM   #764
IOM Black Diamond
HT5 COTW 1/21/13

Quote:
Ok lets get this back on track. I was at Walmart last night and found Camaro ZL1 hot wheels. I know it is hard to find them some places. I couldn't find one anywhere and a member sent me two. Now that I have found some I want to pass it on. Let me know if you would like it. Attachment 335647
It is gone
Old 02-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #765
jewel25
Mother of PWA Babies

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
Out4it- Thanks for the fuse box cover. Can't wait to get it on the car. She has some new bling. It was also nice meeting you and getting to talk Camaro for a little bit in the snow.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:19 AM   #766
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
It is gone
Thank you! Woo hoo!
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #767
IOM Black Diamond
HT5 COTW 1/21/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Thank you! Woo hoo!
You are welcome
Old 02-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #768
Out4it
Banned

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewel25 View Post
Out4it- Thanks for the fuse box cover. Can't wait to get it on the car. She has some new bling. It was also nice meeting you and getting to talk Camaro for a little bit in the snow.
No problem! Maybe we can get together again when weather conditions are better. Yep,now she has some new JEWELery!! lol

Last edited by Out4it; 02-13-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Out4it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #769
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
I have an OEM grille and The OEM springs I can pay forward. Though you're going to have to cover shipping.
SS springs arrived, thanks Stieger!
Old 02-13-2012, 02:41 PM   #770
IOM Black Diamond
HT5 COTW 1/21/13

Ok I have one more. This is the last one I have to give away. Let me know if you want it

IT IS GONE!!

Name:  IMAG1274.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  85.1 KB

Last edited by IOM Black Diamond; 02-13-2012 at 03:13 PM.
IOM Black Diamond is offline   Reply With Quote