Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 06:47 PM   #1
lalo_ss

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Talking Car mods coming soon

so im going to college its gonna be my first year. My dad said that he has my school covered except for books. My financial aid just came in and i got a good amount. So i will not be needing that money for anything since my dad has it covered so ima use a small portion of that for some camaro mods ! Just waiting to get my college visa ! so i can use my money ! Just thought id share this story ! im EXCITED !
Old 07-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #2
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.

Old 07-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #3
BiG_TiMe

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_RS View Post
Old 07-18-2012, 07:23 PM   #4
Oxtar41

Drives: 700 rwhp 2010 SS
Or you know, maybe use some of that money to pay your dad back? Dead beat kids these days....
Old 07-18-2012, 07:25 PM   #5
SnowVert

Drives: Inferno Orange 2013 SS/RS LS3 6M
Um congrats on getting free money for mods...
Old 07-18-2012, 07:27 PM   #6
camarozzzz

Drives: Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalo_ss View Post
so im going to college its gonna be my first year. My dad said that he has my school covered except for books. My financial aid just came in and i got a good amount. So i will not be needing that money for anything since my dad has it covered so ima use a small portion of that for some camaro mods ! Just waiting to get my college visa ! so i can use my money ! Just thought id share this story ! im EXCITED !
Wow....I sit here in complete shock at the self entitled spoiled rich kid attitude I see before me...HAA.....Maybe you should consider helping out your dad and paying him back a bit...Last I checked education in the states is pricey....

Why would you think you would receive praise on here...for being a dead beat....
Old 07-18-2012, 07:33 PM   #7
BURNT ORANGE SS

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro 2SS LS3
If it is a grant you should give it back so someone who needs it for school can use it. If it is a loan then that is on you!
Old 07-18-2012, 07:44 PM   #8
caliguy
Don't ask to pop my hood!

Drives: it's loud.......
Thread reminds me of people on section 8 and roll up in a beamer or jag, to pick up welfare checks
Limo tint rears, 35% sides | B&G lowering springs | BowTies Blacked out | Red Footwells|Dome Light|Kicker 500Watts-Amp-Kicker 12" Ported Sub=BOOM| Stillin Splitter |Pssst 100 shot| 13.36 @102.7 @LVMS |
Old 07-18-2012, 07:46 PM   #9
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
If it's a student loan, please learn from my mistake and DO NOT use it for anything but school. I was dumb and used student loans to pay for my v8 swap. Now I'm 50k in the hole (most of that was truly school, mind you) and it's affected every financial decision I make for the next 15 years. Granted my engine swap was a drop in the bucket compared to the cost of college, but it's still that much less debt I'd be in right now. If it's a loan, DON'T TAKE IT!

And if you were really smart - you wouldn't go to college at all.

(Kidding... sorta... most expensive USELESS piece of paper I've ever had to pay for, but unfortunately it's a necessity to get ahead... Sucks big time, because my degree was truly the most worthless waste of time and money ever, but it did get me my current job)

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
Old 07-18-2012, 07:55 PM   #10
Gator Nation

Drives: 1995 Dodge Ram V10 35" Boggers
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalo_ss View Post
Wow lol........... Is this a joke?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-18-2012, 07:57 PM   #11
Abomb1223

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Wow. I hope you made this up just to get a reaction. If not, please use this as a wake up call . .
Old 07-18-2012, 08:26 PM   #12
Roadhause

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
I don't understand... his family is rich enough to pay for his college career and (probably) buy him his Camaro (I cant see many High School jobs paying for one at least) ... yet he is getting "a good amount" of financial aid that could be going to fund a less fortunate kid's academic dreams...

Either OP is lying or the financial aid system is sickening...

If you're NOT lying, don't do this. If its a loan, the last thing you want is to be in useless debt out of college. You'll probably be paying that off way longer than you'll have your camaro.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:42 PM   #13
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Old 07-18-2012, 08:54 PM   #14
nvthegreen

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green Camaro
I find it hard to believe if this guy is about 18 yrs old driving an SS/RS (probably not self bought) and about to start college that daddy is paying for, that he needs to worry about paying any debt back down the road. I believe none of us posting on here were 'lucky' enough to be dealt this card. I say screw it, blow the money and let daddy support you. Hopefully some day you'll be 'lucky' enough to grow up and make a living. Currently I'm giving up fresh fish, veggies, and fruit for the frozen variety, and taking 2 months off golf (my other passion) so I can invest in a ported TB and a Hurst short shifter. I PROMISE I'll enjoy them more than he would. Sorry I got carried away with this 1......

Mods: Custom Magnflow exhaust, Injen CAI, custom painted interior by Lupe, green footwell LED's by AAC, green dome and trunk LED's by AAC, custom painted bowties by Lupe, 'Camaro' and 'RS' emblems delete, black hockey stripes

Closed Thread