Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 04-05-2011, 06:02 PM   #43
jimmyh

Drives: 2011 1LT => 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
What do you mean involved directly? We are all interested but most of that don't have money for it right now. I have called and talked to them and relayed that information in this thread, so what are you so down about?

This can happen, if someone had the money for it, they woulda jumped in. Now as for the test mule, you need to be in California and none of us are.
I have followed them on another forum. I have nothing against them. I have never done business with them.

Correct me if I am wrong here; the LLT PCM has yet to be cracked. That means it can't be tuned. Correct me again if I am wrong; you are not going to have a very drive-able car that has forced induction and no tune.
jimmyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:00 PM   #44
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
There is a company that does an excellent job tuning forced induction llt and for that matter non fi llt. Its mentioned above in several posts - trifecta.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:14 PM   #45
Amenti

Drives: 2017 1SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by formare View Post
There is a company that does an excellent job tuning forced induction llt and for that matter non fi llt. Its mentioned above in several posts - trifecta.
Indeed, this has already been mentioned several times in this thread alone.

Trifecta does the tuning for various forced induction solutions being researched by different companies and individuals on this site alone. Don't they also do the tuning on vehicles with the STS Turbo? There have been different challenges for each solution, such as twin-turbos flowing more than single-turbo solutions and whatnot; but, there have been several hurdles overcome by Trifecta already (not the least of which is fuel delivery at WOT).

Half of the discussion on this thread has been about forgoing the standalone PCM included in the D3 kit and using Trifecta to tune the Bosch unit.

Appearance Mods: RiderGraphix LS7 Front Fascia Blackout Vinyl, Gill Insert Vinyl, Rear Deck Lid Vinyl (Gloss Black), Gary's Customs Painted Bowties

Coming Soon: BMR Trailing Arms
Amenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:30 PM   #46
jimmyh

Drives: 2011 1LT => 2010 2SS
I guess I am wrong then The PCM for the CTS has not been hacked yet. I come from the Caddy world, the Camaro is still new to me.
jimmyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:13 PM   #47
Amenti

Drives: 2017 1SS Convertible
I believe it's the same PCM. The Caddy 3.6 guys should be calling Trifecta!

Appearance Mods: RiderGraphix LS7 Front Fascia Blackout Vinyl, Gill Insert Vinyl, Rear Deck Lid Vinyl (Gloss Black), Gary's Customs Painted Bowties

Coming Soon: BMR Trailing Arms
Amenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:26 PM   #48
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
I know Lingenfelter had done one V6, interest went through the roof, then it died. Has anyone reallycracked the Bosch PCM? The A6 guys have had some tranny tuning done but NO ONE that I've heard of can say they cracked the Bosch unit.

And I know the SS is on a Zeta platform, but the LS/LTs???
Old 04-05-2011, 09:52 PM   #49
GreenWithEnvy

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green Camaro
Send a message via AIM to GreenWithEnvy Send a message via Yahoo to GreenWithEnvy Send a message via Skype™ to GreenWithEnvy
My other post may have been misunderstood... I have been in direct contact with D3. I spoke with two different people and got two way different prices. I explained to them that my car will be at SEMA this year and they could use it as a prototype car and they told me the kit for the CTS will bolt directly up.
GreenWithEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:02 PM   #50
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
I know Lingenfelter had done one V6, interest went through the roof, then it died. Has anyone reallycracked the Bosch PCM? The A6 guys have had some tranny tuning done but NO ONE that I've heard of can say they cracked the Bosch unit.

This has been covered in many posts on this thread, and numerous threads on the entire forum. Vince @ Triifecta can tune the V6 ECM. Period. End of story.

all 5th gen Camaros are Zeta hybrids... (rear is not direct Zeta transplant)
Old 04-05-2011, 10:32 PM   #51
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
Yes the ecm has been cracked. Seems difficult to get that point out there to the masses.

Quote:

Old 04-06-2011, 07:06 AM   #52
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Quote:
Yes, it has been REALLY cracked. Talk to the guys running the turbos.

Quote:
What, are you kidding, really? Did you think they'd put them on entirely two different platforms just because the drivetrain is different and make them in the same assembly plant?
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:36 AM   #53
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
I was thinking FE2 and FE3. All's well, I just don't get my hopes up anymore.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:27 AM   #54
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyh View Post
I have followed them on another forum. I have nothing against them. I have never done business with them.

Correct me if I am wrong here; the LLT PCM has yet to be cracked. That means it can't be tuned. Correct me again if I am wrong; you are not going to have a very drive-able car that has forced induction and no tune.
Trifecta has tuned the single turbo in Hawaii to run 9 lbs boost. They are still having issues with the Twin Turbo to run more than 4-5 lbs of boost, but they will figure that out. The twin is a relatively new setup.

The single turbo has been running since last fall in Hawaii w/o any issues.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:44 AM   #55
GMPilot

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS VR
http://jalopnik.com/#!5789020/superc...second-14-mile

We need this development to move along..
GMPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:00 AM   #56
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
I just sent them a note with a link to this thread.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote