Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-21-2013, 06:06 PM   #169
sspolo

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE
Haven't seen it around the Vancouver/Portland area. I'll keep an eye out though!
sspolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:12 PM   #170
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
After reading this thread, it is becoming obvious that it is most likely someone who is bored and enjoys the attention.
Nailed !
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:18 PM   #171
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
The Western Washington Camaro community is pretty tight... if it's on this side of the mountains, we'll find it!! Might have to wait until the weather gets better, but we'll find it!
Old 03-21-2013, 10:24 PM   #172
InvaderMoose

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctinatx View Post
I posted a link to this thread in our Western Washington Camaro FB group. Maybe someone has seen it here in Washington.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleez View Post
i have a friend in the car biz, he will run a report and get some info to me tomorrow, if he finds anything!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
The Western Washington Camaro community is pretty tight... if it's on this side of the mountains, we'll find it!! Might have to wait until the weather gets better, but we'll find it!
Thank you guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
Compared to a ZL1?..
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11fastss View Post
I can't beleive that he doesn't just go buy a new one, it would be different if they didn't make these cars anymore and they were kind of rare.
I'm really not after the car because of the horsepower. If I was buying a car for pure speed I'd probably go after a GTR or some model of Corvette. I want this car because it was my old car and I want it back. That's really it. I know reading through the thread it looks like I'm going all over hell and creation and going way out of my way to find this thing, but so far I've gotten all this information from a CarFax and about 15 phone calls. It's worth it to ME to find the car. If I cant find it or I cant buy it back, then maybe I'll buy something else (either way I'm selling the M3). Paying someone from Auto Ancestry or a PI to find my car is really not a big deal to me. It's relatively cheap and in the grand scheme of things if I wind up with my car back in my garage, the cost was worth it. I didn't plan for this topic to get such a following with all the subscribers and posts. I really just expected a bunch of "good lucks" and some "I've never seen it, but ill look for it" posts. I had no idea I'd be getting so many forum messages and comments. I mean It's a great thing that all these people are looking out for it, but I didn't imagine it would get this much exposure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
After reading this thread, it is becoming obvious that it is most likely someone who is bored and enjoys the attention.
I don't know what you're going on about. I dont know why I'd be seeking attention from a Camaro board I haven't even touched since 7 months ago when I sold my car. I really didn't expect this to get 7 pages of replies. If you look at my previous posted threads you'll see I posted one like htis before and it only got about 4 replies. I posted this thread just like you'd put up fliers if your dog ran away. It would make sense if I want to find my VERY noticable Camaro, I would start by posting on a Camaro forum asking if anyone has seen it.

I'm not sure why I'm even bothering to explain myself. It shouldn't be so hard to grasp that I just want to get my car back. If you want to know why I sold it look at my post on either page 1 or 2. If you want to know why I dont just buy a new car, read about every post I've made in this topic. It's sentimental value. If you read the entire thread you'd realize there are plenty of people who would love to find their old car, but it has maybe been too long to find it. I actually have a chance of finding my car and getting it back, so I'm taking the oppertunity. There's always gotta be that one person that has to find a problem with everything

Engine/Appearance: 530 RWHP
Whipple supercharger, Full JBA Exhaust, Ported TB, Cold Air Inductions & ADM Scoop /Complete new paint, 20" Forgestar F14s, Sinister hood, SLP Spoiler, AAC Halos, P13W Fogs
InvaderMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:34 PM   #173
InvaderMoose

Okay.

Whipple supercharger, Full JBA Exhaust, Ported TB, Cold Air Inductions & ADM Scoop /Complete new paint, 20" Forgestar F14s, Sinister hood, SLP Spoiler, AAC Halos, P13W Fogs
Old 03-21-2013, 10:38 PM   #174
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Report it stolen...that might find it quick! LOL
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:59 AM   #175
InvaderMoose

I'm really curious why the CarFax doesn't reflect that its been sold and is in Washington. Anyone know how that could happen? I REALLY doubt the current owner lied, but I dont really know how that's possible unless they haven't registered the car yet or something. It's just strange. No one on this forum or any forum I have asked has seen a car that is this distinct, and now the story is starting to sound a little weird.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:09 AM   #176
Sales@billetcustom

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
wait so its not in florida? its in washington?
Sales@billetcustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:11 AM   #177
metthem

Drives: 2011 LS
It is in Washington at the DEA, they found the stash
Trifecta tune, CAI intake, ADM Race Scoop, Doug Thorley Shorties, Solo High Flow Cats, Magnaflow resonated X-pipe, Flowmaster AMT axle back, Gary's custom front bowtie, rear bowtie delete, tinted windows, headlights, and taillights, debadged fenders, gunmetal gills, gunmetal tailgate (CAMARO)
metthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:17 AM   #178
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKE@BILLETCUSTOM View Post
wait so its not in florida? its in washington?
The owner he sold it to sold it to someone in Washington.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #179
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
If I see it around these parts I'll be sure to let you know.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:44 AM   #180
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvaderMoose View Post
I'm really curious why the CarFax doesn't reflect that its been sold and is in Washington. Anyone know how that could happen? I REALLY doubt the current owner lied, but I dont really know how that's possible unless they haven't registered the car yet or something. It's just strange. No one on this forum or any forum I have asked has seen a car that is this distinct, and now the story is starting to sound a little weird.
How long ago was it sold? It takes a few months after an event before it shows up on Carfax. That's why if you have an accident and get it repaired sell it soon if you don't plan on keeping it for a while.

Did you also run a Autocheck on it, I have found some things show up there when they don't on Carfax.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:46 AM   #181
LessSinister

Drives: 2011 - 2LT/RS Convertible
That's what I like about this forum, owners looking after one another.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:54 AM   #182
InvaderMoose

Autocheck doesn't show anything about washington. I suppose the easiest thing to do would be wait till a VIN reporter updates their database, but I don't want to wait that long