Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 02-17-2013, 10:17 PM   #43
Kadet1

Drives: Camaro SIM
I've gone to the full service touchless drive through wash and they do a great job and have never had any problems and whatever tire shine they use looks awesome bit pricey though at around $25 including tip.(go when they aren't so busy and tip first they do a better job). I've also used the laser wash for $7 and it comes out nice but definitely needs to be gone over after wash to dry it better clean the windows and put on tire shine. If the weather isn't to cold though I will do it myself at home. It is my daily driver and seems to get dirty real quick I won't even bother washing it if the forecast is calling for rain so most of the time lately it is dirty but once it warms up a bit and the days get longer I will do it myself more often.
Kadet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:19 PM   #44
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Never, no way, not going to happen ever. That darn paint swirls if you look at it crooked. No way I would risk any kind of a car wash. I hand wash my baby like she was made of chalk.................................or maybe more like chocolate.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:38 PM   #45
Liam
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIRNOT LZ1 View Post

My car has never seen rain,soup,snow or any type of water ... yet!!
And will NEVER see a car wash
I never use soup on my car either. Those damn noodles are so hard to get out the crevaces!
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:49 AM   #46
717Stunna

Drives: 2010 Slp Camaro ZL327
I ONLY DO IT WEN ITS UNDER 25 DEGREES IT BE TO COLD DRYING IT OFF LOL

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android
717Stunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:54 AM   #47
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS LS3 VR
Send a message via AIM to AdamEL
Nope. I live in an apartment, so there's no way for me to wash it in a driveway or anything, so I take it about 15 minutes down the road to a do-it-yourself spray wash. I just use it for the pressure washer, I bring my own soap, rags and buckets. I'll never drive mine through an automatic car wash or let somebody else wash it for me. I know it's not a $250,000 exotic, but it's my car and I love it and want it to look as good as it can for as long as it can. If drive-through washes are your thing, more power to you. Not for me, though.
AdamEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:57 AM   #48
TDevilsG

Drives: 2013 2LT Victory Red LFX
Try to avoid the drive-throughs. Unfortunately we are dead smack in the middle of winter and its freezing over here in new jersey, so I've taken it through the drive-through a couple of times. Definitely regret my decision after seeing the swirl-marks I'm going to have to buff out when spring arrives.
TDevilsG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:17 AM   #49
_yungsatchmo

Drives: 2010 2LT Rally Sport
With me being a college student being one of the few who even own a Camaro, I take alot of pride in my car. I don't really have the space, time, or tools to hand wash it myself though. I've had mine for about 5 weeks now and have only have had time to wash it three times. I run it through the car wash, do some detailing afterwards, and it looks great! Still shines like new! I do plan to get some wax and protectant, and also begin using the do-it-yourself car wash they provide in the future.
_yungsatchmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:23 AM   #50
chaoscamaro

Drives: 2011 camaro ss2 I.O. M6
Yea it's freezing here in new York, I took it to a car wash a few weeks ago and today I decided to take some dust off my car(inside public garage) and noticed all these small nicks in the paint! I am not sure if it was from the car wash, I take my daily driver (2011 TC) all the time and they do a great job. I guess the paint in this car is delicate. I would hand wash it but to do that every few weeks seems annoying. I prefer driving it that washing it all day.

chaoscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:38 AM   #51
DJ UNKNOWN

Drives: 2011 Red Jewel RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
Use the TOUCHLESS only... Being your on the east coast you can not wash it by hand all year long, Never use the automatic with those plastic things swinging dirt everywhere and scratching your paint. I will not even take mine to those hand wash places either .

+1
DJ UNKNOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:26 AM   #52
Ronin_2SS
Loving My LS3

Drives: 2010 Summit white 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to Ronin_2SS
Ohhh the car wash snobs lol. IMO touch less car wash is fine to keep it clean in between detailing jobs.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:06 AM   #53
MrWray
SYBIL

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS, silver ice metallic
i have my own power washer and i wash,vaccum,and fully detail my car..ONLY ME
Old 02-18-2013, 05:20 AM   #54
mntgome1

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS/RS
I recall driving my car through a Wash one time in my Camaro.... 10 minutes later I woke up from that Nightmare. I haven't drank vodka since that night.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:43 AM   #55
chaoscamaro

Drives: 2011 camaro ss2 I.O. M6
There are very few touchless places in NYC, like about 4, no joke

chaoscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:00 AM   #56
kostnkost
Roof expert detail noob

Drives: 2013 BRM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoscamaro View Post
There are very few touchless places in NYC, like about 4, no joke

I work in Queens/Brooklyn, and yes people would definitely look at you strange if you were washing your car in the street. I wouldn't even chance it in some parts, as someone might clip you in the street. Not safe!

Me I'm lucky enough to live in Suffolk with a driveway, so my car NEVER looks at a car wash! I learned this from washing my Scion TC via car wash every week. It eventually stripped the wax and this was from a very reputable car wash.

Have you tried rinseless or waterless washes done by yourself? This is all I do to my car, and it comes out perfect every time.