Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-26-2014, 07:17 PM   #1
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
My LLT comparison...

Thought i would share with the LLT community... so of the old timers will remember me and my 2010 V6 Camaro... so I thought i would post this up.

Took my 2014 V6 Mustang and put it on the dyno today.. The LLT and the Ford 3.7 have pretty similar specs with the LLT at 312 HP / 278 TQ while the 3.7 is rated at 305 HP / 280 TQ.

My Camaro had Injen intake, MRT V2 axle back, Trifecta tune. My Mustang has MRT V2 axle back, 3.55 gears and MPT tune. Both cars are automatics...

The Camaro made a bit more PEAK HP... but check the difference in the low end torque... The Mustang is in RED...

scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:24 PM   #2
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Darn, I made the wrong choice then
Had the mustangs looked the way they do now back then, I'd have bought a mustang for sure.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:34 PM   #3
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Darn, I made the wrong choice then
Had the mustangs looked the way they do now back then, I'd have bought a mustang for sure.
I hear you... I HATED the 2010 Mustang and LOVED the looks of the Camaro!
Old 03-26-2014, 07:43 PM   #4
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
There is an 12 or 13 v6 mustang at my local track that runs low 13s with only a set of 3.73 gears and a diablosport tune... This puts it all into perspective.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:58 PM   #5
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
John when did you get a stang?!
If the last one was the mistress, this one must be the "Homewrecker" LOL
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:17 PM   #6
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
John when did you get a stang?!
If the last one was the mistress, this one must be the "Homewrecker" LOL
I picked the mustang up about a month ago. My daughters (7 & 9) wanted a convertible. Who am I to argue? LOL

Old 03-26-2014, 08:42 PM   #7
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
I picked the mustang up about a month ago. My daughters (7 & 9) wanted a convertible. Who am I to argue? LOL

That looks great! I've always wanted a convertible as well. Mind telling us your impressions on the convertible top? I have heard horror stories about the camaro one.

I also really like how a lot of the mustang parts are just so much cheaper.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:51 PM   #8
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
That looks great! I've always wanted a convertible as well. Mind telling us your impressions on the convertible top? I have heard horror stories about the camaro one.

I also really like how a lot of the mustang parts are just so much cheaper.

Thanks!!!

Top works great!! I've heard the stories about the Camaro top as well. Very happy with the mustang top. No issues

As far as parts... I know gears are cheaper!

I've shaved just over a second off my 0 to 60 MPH with MRT V2 axle back, 3.55 gears and tune... Stock I was 6.2 seconds… and now I'm down to 5.1 seconds...
Old 03-26-2014, 09:03 PM   #9
lscamaro

I assume you'll be testing all these mods out whenever the tracks open up?

How much did you pick up from a tune if you don't mind my asking?

Last edited by lscamaro; 03-26-2014 at 10:08 PM.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:52 PM   #10
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Impressive dyno no doubt, but I'm not convinced you had the best tune there is offered for the LLT either (of course...back then it was the ONLY tune lol). I think IPF could have squeezed more torque and peak HP out of that LLT, as their dyno typically show a nice TQ gain down low.

That said, I don't doubt that mod for mod, with all things being equal, that the Mustang would pull on your Camaro at the track. I'm glad you shared !
Old 03-27-2014, 12:19 AM   #11
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Hahaha awesome man looks great. I love the 2013-2014 mustang. They're beautiful and the interior is great! And the best part, mod friendly!!!
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:10 AM   #12
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
John will be testing soon. As he is looking to have a grudge match with me at the track. Professor against the student. As it was John who started me out in racing in my Camaro, (Thanks John). So we have been in touch for the past few years off this site too. Meet up at Lapeer and get together for some racing fun.

Those are some nice numbers John. And this race is going to be really close. As mentioned before it will come down to who cuts a good light and gets traction. Sure hope you are tired that day, as I know you cut really good lights.

Here is the overlay I did last night of John's Mustang (green lines) to my dyno sheet. I have since added a couple more mods, we expect some really good racing soon. Now we just need the weather to break, track open and us to get together and makes some runs. I am sure more will be posted throughout the year.
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2014, 06:34 AM   #13
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
I assume you'll be testing all these mods out whenever the tracks open up?

How much did you pick up from a tune if you don't mind my asking?
Surprisingly there are no real gains visible on the dyno... HOWEVER, dyno doesn't reflect the removal of the torque management stuff which is present in the lower gears, especially when you try to launch! The tune also speeds up/firms up the shifts! Car is now breaking the tires loose on the 1-2 shift! LOL

Using the built in "Track Apps" my 0-60 MPH test have progressed like this:

Stock - 6.2 sec
added MRT axleback - not sure of change if any
Tune - 5.7 sec
3.55 gear & Tune - 5.4 sec
3.55 gear & different companies tune (race shift) - 5.1 sec

And yes, as Mike mentioned, hoping to get out to the track.. just not sure when... hoping to get out at least once in April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Impressive dyno no doubt, but I'm not convinced you had the best tune there is offered for the LLT either (of course...back then it was the ONLY tune lol). I think IPF could have squeezed more torque and peak HP out of that LLT, as their dyno typically show a nice TQ gain down low.

That said, I don't doubt that mod for mod, with all things being equal, that the Mustang would pull on your Camaro at the track. I'm glad you shared !
Completely agree! And yes.. the early days of LLT tuning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Hahaha awesome man looks great. I love the 2013-2014 mustang. They're beautiful and the interior is great! And the best part, mod friendly!!!
Thanks! The kids absolutely love it... it's 20 degrees out and they make me put the top down to cruise down our street... best part is when they practice their parade wave, waving to the imaginary people lining the streets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
John will be testing soon. As he is looking to have a grudge match with me at the track. Professor against the student. As it was John who started me out in racing in my Camaro, (Thanks John). So we have been in touch for the past few years off this site too. Meet up at Lapeer and get together for some racing fun.

Those are some nice numbers John. And this race is going to be really close. As mentioned before it will come down to who cuts a good light and gets traction. Sure hope you are tired that day, as I know you cut really good lights.

Here is the overlay I did last night of John's Mustang (green lines) to my dyno sheet. I have since added a couple more mods, we expect some really good racing soon. Now we just need the weather to break, track open and us to get together and makes some runs. I am sure more will be posted throughout the year.
Really looking forward to hitting the track, even if just for a few passes!!! I'm really hoping that the Livernois mobile dyno is "generous"... Going to be a great match up!!

Ok.. just for fun... here is the MRT V2 on my Mustang... (although for the Mustang it's labeled "Interceptor" LOL)

Old 03-27-2014, 08:09 AM   #14
jlawrence613

Drives: 2011 V6 Premium Mustang
Congrats on the purchase! Enjoy
Mods: MPT 93 Tune, FRPP 3.73 Gears, Airaid CAI, Boss 302 STB, J&M LCA, Whiteline Relocation Brackets, Eibach Sportlines, 18x9/10 2010 GT500 rims 255/45, 285/40/18 Nitto555, BBK Longtube Headers O/R X-pipe Up next: BBK 73mm TB, Ported Intake Manifold, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft, Mustang GT 2.75" Overaxle pipe.
2011 Ford Mustang V6: 13.258 @ 107.45 MPH Uncorrected
jlawrence613 is offline   Reply With Quote