Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-05-2013, 12:46 AM   #29
canecorso69
run ur car not ur mouth

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkillsam View Post
Looks compated to what? The SN95 Mustang was more but ugly then the 4th Gen Camaro's.
Truth be told there was a lot of butt ugly going around the market in that time frame. Im not sure any car from that era/gen could withstand the test of time. We will see about the 5th Gen
Old 09-05-2013, 01:35 AM   #30
AWSME SS

Drives: 2015 Cummins
Those are some very nice Camaros.
AWSME SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:44 AM   #31
6bangerBOOM

Drives: 2016 1SS SW
They're all styled contextually with the time period they were produced in. Take them out of that time period and you can't expect people to think they look good. Ford's New Edge styling looked good in the 90's, and so did the 4th gens, but some people cringe when they see one today. Lets not act like a car was objectively ugly when aesthetics are always subjective. And lets not forget that for one brief moment in time mullets were the shit.
6bangerBOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:29 AM   #32
canecorso69
run ur car not ur mouth

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6bangerBOOM View Post
They're all styled contextually with the time period they were produced in. Take them out of that time period and you can't expect people to think they look good. Ford's New Edge styling looked good in the 90's, and so did the 4th gens, but some people cringe when they see one today. Lets not act like a car was objectively ugly when aesthetics are always subjective. And lets not forget that for one brief moment in time mullets were the shit.

I was with you for a brief period until you said mullets were the shit
I disagree to an extent. The 67-73 Camaro will always be iconic. From their conception till God knows when they will always be legendery.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:06 AM   #33
ex-SS-ve

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
..the Camaro F body went south with the advent of a rear hatch. This production encompases many years. The 5th generation, although not a direct descendant of the F body, is the best yet since the first generation in my opinion.
exactly how I feel about 3rd-4th gen f cars. and I own one. I have always said if I had to sacrifice one in my garage I wouldn't blink a eye at axing the 4th gen. however the zl1 along with 72 and ss would stay. one of the biggest down falls was the hatchback and huge overhangs when you view a 3rd/4th gen from the side at a distance. its almost comical. imo hatchs are for econobox beaters and imports..
ex-SS-ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:42 AM   #34
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
The first gens are still the best IMO. Loved my '69 Z/28 I had over 30 years ago. The smaller size of the car with the nicer, well defined lines and chrome accents as compared to all the other gens is just a few reasons. I purchased my 2013 SS because there was so many styling cues taken from the 1st gens.
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote