Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-06-2008, 07:22 PM   #57
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
it is but its ok and the base price will be much lower
Old 08-06-2008, 07:23 PM   #58
WillInThe04Ranger

Drives: 04 Ranger, 95 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to WillInThe04Ranger
I figured it was a repost, but I didnt see it lol .......... I tried
Old 08-06-2008, 10:40 PM   #59
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GXPMAN View Post
'

Well they could also say.. The 300 HP mustang GT is 26 k,, Your getting a 300HP camaro for 25k.. Same Hp less cash.
yes but they want to sell this car to a wide range of people, and some do not care about HP. Some people will just see the car and like how it looks, but wont buy a V6 bare bones car for $25K

Gm wants this car to Save them, selling it to only camaro enhusiats wont do it.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:43 PM   #60
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 View Post
yes but they want to sell this car to a wide range of people, and some do not care about HP. Some people will just see the car and like how it looks, but wont buy a V6 bare bones car for $25K

Gm wants this car to Save them, selling it to only camaro enhusiats wont do it.
So did dodge but they priced it to bank on every penny they could hopefully GM doesnt do the same.:(
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:57 PM   #61
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Yeah, I'm with pink on this. The 2002 SS was faster than the 2008 GT is, stock for stock, but they still went under. Being the better car clearly isn't going to be enough to earn sales. They're going to have to price it competitively as well. I think Fbodfather has already said that they no longer plan on pricing it at a premium compared to the mustang. I'll try and find the quote.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:14 AM   #62
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
don't expect to see the camaro SS any lower than 29k for bare base..if you are absolutely lucky. I would expect around 24-25k for the V6, with the speculation that it will hang with the mustang and the GT is pushing 26-27k?

Not to mention the dealerships that will gouge...many seem to be OPENLY admitting they will tack 5,000 onto msrp....I would just wait to see in December. All of this talk about pricing and dealers stating they expect "special costs" is really discouraging me from buying this vehicle within the first 6 months or even year.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:16 AM   #63
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
don't expect to see the camaro SS any lower than 29k for bare base..if you are absolutely lucky.

Not to mention the dealerships that will gouge...many seem to be OPENLY admitting they will tack 5,000 onto msrp.
well lets wait and see what GM says the price will be in DEC. and those dealers are going to lose sales. and give dealers like camaro scotty more business
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:47 AM   #64
frank99ta

Drives: Trans Am
You have to look at what your getting.. ls3, IRS, 20 inch wheels, 422 horse power, 6 speed, performance brakes.. I hope I'm wrong but there is no way this car is gonna be under 30k. I'm thinking at the very least 33k but more likely 35k. Compare it to the mustang.. My last mustang was an 07 GT with leather, 5 spd, 100hp less, 18 in wheels, no IRS, and a crappy interior. The sticker price was over 30k. So, how much would 20 inch wheels, 122 horsepower, a beefier trans and brakes along with an IRS cost you? I think the v6 model will be very affordable but I think there is gonna be a pretty big price jump for the SS. Plus for those of us who bought some of the last f-bods in 2002 know that a SS or a ram air would have costed you 33 to 34k. It also had 100 horsepower less, crappy interior, 17 inch wheels, and no IRS. That was 6 years ago and what will amount to 8 model years... I'm waiting for pricing and I want to drive one before I decide if I'm gonna buy the Camaro, the Challenger, or get a new vette. The Ls3 in the vette is a beast and is significally faster than the ls2 in my 05. The ls3 pulled as hard as my 04 Z06 did. I guess only time will tell...
frank99ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 11:17 AM   #65
65bus

Drives: 92 Z28, 72 Chevy truck, 65 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to 65bus
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank99ta View Post
You have to look at what your getting.. ls3, IRS, 20 inch wheels, 422 horse power, 6 speed, performance brakes.. I hope I'm wrong but there is no way this car is gonna be under 30k. I'm thinking at the very least 33k but more likely 35k. Compare it to the mustang.. My last mustang was an 07 GT with leather, 5 spd, 100hp less, 18 in wheels, no IRS, and a crappy interior. The sticker price was over 30k. So, how much would 20 inch wheels, 122 horsepower, a beefier trans and brakes along with an IRS cost you? I think the v6 model will be very affordable but I think there is gonna be a pretty big price jump for the SS. Plus for those of us who bought some of the last f-bods in 2002 know that a SS or a ram air would have costed you 33 to 34k. It also had 100 horsepower less, crappy interior, 17 inch wheels, and no IRS. That was 6 years ago and what will amount to 8 model years... I'm waiting for pricing and I want to drive one before I decide if I'm gonna buy the Camaro, the Challenger, or get a new vette. The Ls3 in the vette is a beast and is significally faster than the ls2 in my 05. The ls3 pulled as hard as my 04 Z06 did. I guess only time will tell...
Wrong i allmost bought a 2001 SS Sticker was 28and some change with leather and all the options dealer was going to sell it for 27 but i had just got married not to long before that and decided to get a SUV ZR2 with a sticker of 28 also, plus the Stang is also going to get improvements and im sure they wont jack the price up much more.

There is allways going to be a faster car for the same price allways has and allways will. Look at the new Hyundai Genissis thats coming out 0-60 in 6.2 V8 All the ops to compete with BMW, Lexus, Ect... going to cost 39,000 now look at the G8 allready competing with BMW 5series with more power and room w/0-60 in 5.3 and fully loaded at 32,000 so you cant even begin to compare Camaro pricing to the G8 ether that car was not inteded to be a musle car to compete with Stang, Challenger, Camaro but to compete with well you know and has Dominetly beat everyone in its place Also in performance. So theres no way GM is going to mark the Camaro base V8 for more than 28 unless there just crazy and cant see the compition will just overtake them again. Eventhough we know the Camaro is far superior most customers wont, all they see is window sticker!!!!
65bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:36 PM   #66
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
JEFF2010SSMANUAL

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS LS3
A loaded V6 LT will be $27k and a loaded SS LS3 will be $35k.

Just a thought.
JEFF2010SSMANUAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:38 PM   #67
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
JEFF2010SSMANUAL

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS LS3
If dealers charge more then Sticker/MSRP GM is in REAL trouble. They are loosing 1 BILLION DOLLARS A MONTH, I think MSRP will be possible with most dealers.
JEFF2010SSMANUAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:40 PM   #68
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I just picked this issue up last night, and think R&T and MT were much better. They had bigger spreads and I just think the format was better. It left me the impression C&D didn't really care for the car. That doesn't matter too much to me because it won't change my opinion on the car, however, it kinda' makes me think that they may not have a very objective test when they finally get the car. I don't really care for that rag' though...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:53 PM   #69
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Pricing has not been set -- but I can tell you that $25,000 is a very bad guess!

Look at the competition...............
That is being incorporated into my sig now

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank99ta View Post
You have to look at what your getting..
First and foremost, you are getting a Mustang fighter. Scratch that, Mustang Killer. Most of the costs for the engine and platform are being spread around the world. The Camaro is based off of a global platform, thus the costs are spread out. It has been said that the LS3 costs roughly the same to produce as the LS1's that were found in 4th gens

The G8 is a good guide to find an upper limit, thats about it. And the V6 for the G8 is too high, I think they did that so that most would opt for the V8. Pontiacs are typically a bit more expensive than Chevy's. Look at the pricing of Mustangs and Challengers (GT500 and SRT8 excepted -for now). That is where the Camaro NEEDS to be priced.

Lastly, the 'premium pricing' comment from a while back. The Mustang has premium packages to the tune of about 1500 or so. GM was aiming the Camaro upmarket for features and performance but will offer it at Chevy prices. The intent is to absolutely blow everyone out of the water in all regards. The Camaro is part of GM's rebirth. It will expose the current Mustang as under powered. Expose the Challenger as being overweight. Expose BMW's for charging too much. Give me time and I will think of more.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:57 PM   #70
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
It will expose the current Mustang as under powered. Expose the Challenger as being overweight. Expose BMW's for charging too much. Give me time and I will think of more.
Expose all of them for being understyled!