Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 09-16-2011, 10:16 AM   #1
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
FORD TRANNY

So i surfing the ford mustang site, as my wife will be a mustang owner soon,
It seems the new fords have this mt82 trans, that is faulty, made in china, and many many owners are having probs. with this. ford seems from what i read to be unresponsive to complaints and repair requests. It does not seem to effect auto trans, only manual. hopefully they are able to get this prob. straight. I have not heard of similar things with chevy camaro trannys? have a good day..ryd
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:57 PM   #2
PercyJWellingtonIII
Account Suspended

Drives: pontiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydahog View Post
So i surfing the ford mustang site, as my wife will be a mustang owner soon,
It seems the new fords have this mt82 trans, that is faulty, made in china, and many many owners are having probs. with this. ford seems from what i read to be unresponsive to complaints and repair requests. It does not seem to effect auto trans, only manual. hopefully they are able to get this prob. straight. I have not heard of similar things with chevy camaro trannys? have a good day..ryd
----------------

Actually they have been responsive, thats why they had a recall a month ago on the trans. Don't know if there is a permanent fix but they are working on it. Maybe next time they wont order parts made in China. Probably has gears made of lead.
PercyJWellingtonIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:48 AM   #3
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
There has been no recall for the MT82 equipped Mustangs and there likely will not be a mass recall. There are legitimate issues with some MT82s but they are being handled at the dealer level, these would be the actual transmissions experiencing problems and do not have damaged syncro's due to excessive force used while skip shift is enabled. There are issues concerning syncros though but they are limited to less than 1% of transmissions made before September 2010 however, there are still some that are mistaken issues that is caused by skip shift and damage is being done internally, trying to force the shifter into gear and "manually overide" skip shift.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to ask Deysha at http://forums.themustangsource.com/f...98440/index29/

Be aware of the handful of individuals that are posting complaints, some of those individuals do not have 2011 Mustangs.
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:53 PM   #4
JerseyMonte

Drives: 1972 Z28
No problems with mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
There has been no recall for the MT82 equipped Mustangs and there likely will not be a mass recall. There are legitimate issues with some MT82s but they are being handled at the dealer level, these would be the actual transmissions experiencing problems and do not have damaged syncro's due to excessive force used while skip shift is enabled. There are issues concerning syncros though but they are limited to less than 1% of transmissions made before September 2010 however, there are still some that are mistaken issues that is caused by skip shift and damage is being done internally, trying to force the shifter into gear and "manually overide" skip shift.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to ask Deysha at http://forums.themustangsource.com/f...98440/index29/

Be aware of the handful of individuals that are posting complaints, some of those individuals do not have 2011 Mustangs.
I traded my 010 2SS/RS Man for a 012 GT Man and heve no problems what so ever
The main reason I traded the SS was because of the lousy shifting and the dealers failure to provide any assistance to correct the problem.
Tired of hearing, no problem found, and they all do the same thing.
As far as the skip shift I think it came into effect about 4 times in just about 700 miles , and when it does the car pulls amazingly well in 4th gear in part due to the 3:73 gear 4th in the Ford box is not 1to1 like the Camaro but I think it is 1.43 to 1 5th being 1to1 and 6th overdrive. My SS had two overdrives 5th and 6th
JerseyMonte is offline   Reply With Quote