Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-18-2013, 09:14 PM   #1
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Pedders Supercars and ZL1 Spec Sways installed

Last Thursday Haddad Motorsports installed some goodies:

Pedders Supercar coilovers
Pedders ZL1 Spec 27/32mm sway bars
Whiteline Craddle incerts and upper rear control arm bushings
Auto X alignment

Had to sell my Pfadt ZL1 spec sways as they dont clear the canisters on the rear coilovers.Anyone wanting supercars note only Pedders bars will clear, or the factory bars.
One pic shows where the Pfadt bar hits the cannister, the next pic with the Pedders bar and how the cannister clears it.

Having fun with the coilovers and finding the right settings. Definately keeps you busy and out of trouble!

A few pics
Attached Images

Last edited by VR Baron; 11-19-2013 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Added pics and more info
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:25 PM   #2
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Excellent, looks familiar! You gonna eventually do the adjustable camber plates?

Im loving mine. I finally have a set of front tires that have lasted longer than 5000 miles. 5 minutes 8 bolts and im at -2.8 camber....tear up the track......5 min 8 bolts and im back to a tire friendly -0.8 camber

Running 12kg coils on all corners also. My kidneys hate me! But i love it!!!!!
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:51 PM   #3
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
Excellent, looks familiar! You gonna eventually do the adjustable camber plates?

Im loving mine. I finally have a set of front tires that have lasted longer than 5000 miles. 5 minutes 8 bolts and im at -2.8 camber....tear up the track......5 min 8 bolts and im back to a tire friendly -0.8 camber

Running 12kg coils on all corners also. My kidneys hate me! But i love it!!!!!
No, no camber plates. Running the stock coils, no bad kidneys for me..lol
Running -1.2 front and .7 back so dont kill the insides of the tires to much but good for auto x. trying to dial in the street ride of course, always fun!
Old 11-19-2013, 09:12 PM   #4
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

I eddited the first post with more pics and read/ see how the Pfadt bar doesnt clear the cannister at the back of the rear shock.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #5
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Past week playing with the settings for best ride on our patched up and bombed out roads.2.5 pages of settings and notes...lol After reading what I found as to what people have tried and Pedders settings and the number of clicks difference rebound and bound thoughts.
So far best street setting for me and my setup is what the instructions say, bound rebound same numbers and 2 clicks softer then the factory settings, will try 2 clicks softer still but need freeway test first as high speed and low speed settings can be different. For reducing understeer though best to have rears 2-3 clicks more firm
Old 11-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #6
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

New ride height

A few pics of new height. The front we raised a bit,the back came down to even the overall ride height. The rear was up a 1/4" with the Hotchkis springs. overall drop with the Hotchkis was 1" front and 3/4" rear.
Over time the coilovers are supposed to settle 1/4" or so. So far in 350 miles nothing has changed yet.
New height all around now is 25.875" in front,from lower wheel lip as meassured like Pedders does, and 25.8125" in the rear. Thats right where Pedders likes the max drop from stock.If they settle as said I will raise them up to these numbers.

As to rebound,bound numbers for the street I have them at 12/12 all around. Am trying front 12/12 and rear 10/10 now and seems better in the back as to ride. Will see as I get used to them and where the settings end up.

Am loving the ride, handling and smooth control the coilovers have over stock and the drop springs. They are solid, yet controlled and comfortable all at the same time
Attached Images

Old 11-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #7
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Perfect ride height! Looks great!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:15 PM   #8
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Perfect ride height! Looks great!
Thanks! Love these c/o's!
Old 11-28-2013, 02:08 PM   #9
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Almost 600 miles and no settling of the setup, like that. Been doing alot of around town setting changes. All low speed 20-50 mph around town and bumpy road settings as thats my ride all week. I have done 2.5 pages of setting trys and recorded what the results were. At this point front are at 9/9 and rear at 6/6 with all in my sig, tires at 34 cold and 37-38 hot.Ride is comfortable, soft over bumps, but controlled and solid, not like drop springs!
Car handles good, not as well as firmer settings but ride around town is to harsh over the bumps and ripples, it still has low speed "jiggles" but this setting combo works best so far. Big tires, maybe the craddle and rear arm bushings and 450-500 lb springs I'm sure accounts for the rest.
On the freeway dips and irregularities are soaked up and controlled, especially the sudden drops in pavement sections where you bounce back up after hitting them, to stiff and the shocks over control and the movement is to fast and "voilent" or quick to react.All inwhat you like though which is neat about these coilovers.
Old 11-28-2013, 02:31 PM   #10
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Good to hear you are getting them dialed in. Must be fun to have the adjustability and tunability of the coil-overs.
Old 11-28-2013, 02:35 PM   #11
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlock69RS View Post
Good to hear you are getting them dialed in. Must be fun to have the adjustability and tunability of the coil-overs.
More a pain in the butt! No it is interesting and fun, but you really get down to just 1-2 settings you like for daily drive after all the combos you try. The auto x is a different set of combos and settings are different for sure, and the freeway likes a different setting, firmer, but then not good for the street unless roads are glass smooth or close.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:45 PM   #12
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Very nice!

I have a similar setup except I couldn't swing for the super coils. I had to stay with the single adjustable.

Keep us updated after your next Auto-X event. My car did really well for being on stock wheels and tires when I Auto-X a couple weeks back.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:02 PM   #13
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Very nice!

I have a similar setup except I couldn't swing for the super coils. I had to stay with the single adjustable.

Keep us updated after your next Auto-X event. My car did really well for being on stock wheels and tires when I Auto-X a couple weeks back.
Thanks ! Been following your mods also. Yeah I really had to "grin and bear it" on the price even though I got a deal I couldnt turn down. Single adjustables work great at auto x, have several freinds who kick but with them, mine included...lol
Will take some events to get the hang of it, one of our top guys has done 12 plus major events and still playing with the settings. Next ones are next year, will let you know how they went
Old 12-05-2013, 10:31 PM   #14
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

O.k., more trade secrets. For the street with my setup 9/6 is still best, followed by 10/7 and 12/6. Softer settings likt 6/3, 8/5 etc. Actually seemed more harsh or firm over bad roads.The wrong combo of bound rebound, even 1 click of can make the car more firm in back. Alot of work, and these coilovers wont ever be as compliant on bad roads as stock shocks, but are solid, more firm and controlled over most road conditions and great at speed like freeways. Keep the stock tire sizes and bushings and sways and that may help the ride some, just opinoin on that though but firm up everything and I would think you will notice the road more. Overall I like them, and more so then drop springs

Edit: 12/10/13, Running 10/10 front rear and is good, better then the above but close. Note as car is balanced f/r pretty close it seems to like same front/rear settings bound and rebound, though the above ones work, similar to XA settings people have posted up, not sure why though.All same f/r settings seem more balanced, just firmer or softer, softer gets rid of alot of the rear bounce or firmness, but not all.

Last edited by VR Baron; 12-10-2013 at 02:33 PM.

Tags
i ssed