Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-24-2013, 10:01 AM   #15
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithier View Post
This is the first Camaro I've owned, and actually the first car I could ever mod at all. I am definetly hearing about it though. I show her things I want to do and hear "Why did we even buy the car if you don't like anything about it"? I've had the car about 3 months and I've put Eagle Eye Halos an HID kit, a ZL1 grill, and factory GFX on the car...little does she know I haven't even started on the interior yet! LOL
That's exactly what my family says!
Old 06-24-2013, 10:06 AM   #16
Elementkng20
HTCC: canthonyIOM27

Drives: 2012 IOM 1LT/V6/A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithier View Post
This is the first Camaro I've owned, and actually the first car I could ever mod at all. I am definetly hearing about it though. I show her things I want to do and hear "Why did we even buy the car if you don't like anything about it"? I've had the car about 3 months and I've put Eagle Eye Halos an HID kit, a ZL1 grill, and factory GFX on the car...little does she know I haven't even started on the interior yet! LOL
We buy the car because we like it, and when options are given to us to enhance the look we will most always take the opportunity.
Elementkng20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:23 AM   #17
ka1

Drives: 2011 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elementkng20 View Post
We buy the car because we like it, and when options are given to us to enhance the look we will most always take the opportunity.
Yeah, I don't get what is so hard to understand. We like the car but we also want to make it our own.
ka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:27 AM   #18
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Yep same here, she doesn't understand the addiction, I mean hobby

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:29 AM   #19
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
I'm lucky. My wife gets it AND wants her own when we can swing it. Wants to learn to drive mine in the meantime. Eeeeeeeek!
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:31 AM   #20
tonymac

Drives: '14 Blk SS 2SS/RS 1LE - SOLD :-(
LOL...Same boat for the most part. My wife usually just rolls her eyes and says that I love the car more than her. I just have to laugh, and just say I could be out boozing and hanging out at some "nudie" bars. That works until the next mod! HAHA...
Just wait until she sees the ZL1 rockers get delivered this evening, followed by some 1LE brake upgrades and then a Nitrous kit. She is gonna flip!!! Guess I need to take her out on a date, LOL.
tonymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:34 AM   #21
Elementkng20
HTCC: canthonyIOM27

Drives: 2012 IOM 1LT/V6/A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymac View Post
LOL...Same boat for the most part. My wife usually just rolls her eyes and says that I love the car more than her. I just have to laugh, and just say I could be out boozing and hanging out at some "nudie" bars. That works until the next mod! HAHA...
Just wait until she sees the ZL1 rockers get delivered this evening, followed by some 1LE brake upgrades and then a Nitrous kit. She is gonna flip!!! Guess I need to take her out on a date, LOL.

Yeah go on a date and splurge a little, maybe Chick-fila or somewhere cheap so you don't have to spend a lot of money LOL
Elementkng20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:35 AM   #22
steveo9043

Drives: 2012 45th AE 2SS Coupe
I'm single for a reason! lol jk jk. I'm just starting to see this girl and she gets disappointed when I pick her up in the equinox and not the camaro.

My mom and sister don't get it tho. Always get crap about stuff I buy. I've had my headers sitting in my moms trunk the last week and a half and she hasn't found them yet.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #23
ka1

Drives: 2011 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef-beavis View Post
I'm lucky. My wife gets it AND wants her own when we can swing it. Wants to learn to drive mine in the meantime. Eeeeeeeek!
After yesterday's outing with MFCC, the wife actually started talking about getting her own Camaro.
ka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #24
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elementkng20 View Post
I get this a lot, especially after just getting my Camaro about a week ago. My fiance is always like giving me crap about doing stuff to my car and I'm like, "It's my car!" Or she'll be like "Ugh, it's going to look so ugly, why do you do that?"

So, how many of ya'll have wives, gfs, or fiances who give you crap about spending time on you're car?

We're guys...leave us alone lol
My GF gets a say in everything WE do to the car.
she helped pick it out and she has helped put everything on it so far.

if she don''t like a potential mod we talk about it.

We are a team and it isn't "my car" it's OUR car.

She is on board and we are both saving for the supercharger and Pedders suspension..
530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:49 PM   #25
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
After yesterday's outing with MFCC, the wife actually started talking about getting her own Camaro.
My wife grew up with 4 brothers. Three have/had Camaros. Her mom had two and her late father was a gearhead. It was part of what attracted me to her.

I've suffered through ones that didn't understand my addictions...(bike, car, drums)
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #26
RpdFire

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS
Took me about a year to talk my wife into the car. But she was excited to help pick out the stripes and things like that. Luckily her dad is a big car guy and Chevy guy.
She does not get the other mods like suspension and performance. I get the "why do you NEED that if your not racing people" hmm. maybe you guys can help with some good answers to that one, lol.
I discuss most mods with her but some come in under the radar

However she knows that between my job, our business and our 3 kids. the only "alone" time I get is driving and that is time I want to enjoy.
RpdFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:29 PM   #27
Wraithier

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
Yeah, I don't get what is so hard to understand. We like the car but we also want to make it our own.

Exactly!
Wraithier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:40 PM   #28
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
women just don't have intense hobbies...at least most of the ones i've known....lol
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote