Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-15-2009, 10:07 PM   #1
Sidewayz_510

Drives: 2010 BLK SS/RS & 2005 Range Rover
TRANSMISSION ISSUE already

Just got my Camaro 8/13 so I am newbie. Immediately I thought the shifting felt weird and a little but chalked it up to new car break in yada yada. Im so excited but still feel a lil funny, anyway me and the boys hanging out friday night beautiful night. I come to the car remote start her up I have the 2ss rs a6 and BAM! Check engine light. i drive off hoping itll disengage get on the freeway and the car is acting all erratic.

I pull over on the freeway @ 2:30 am ( like im looking for help from CHP or sumthing LOL0 and turn it off and turn on....still check engine light on! I pray i dont get jacked by the police and the car doesnt stall and finally make it home

I wake up contact Onstar and the say I have a Transmission control unit issue and a Communication Bus issue. Not even 80 miles on it I feel horrible
will take it to dealer monday, but this sucks.......Not sure if I even want it and what leverage do I have with dealer

Sidewayz_510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:50 PM   #2
JTinFL

Drives: Fast ones
Dont worry, the all new Chevrolet will fix it.
JTinFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 11:18 PM   #3
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
Cars have problems, especially first year models, you already don't want it. Relax man I'm sure its minor and can be fixed quickly, if one little problem makes you not want the car maybe you shouldn't of got it in the first place.
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:23 AM   #4
gtwss
Time To Hammer Down

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 02 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewayz_510 View Post
Just got my Camaro 8/13 so I am newbie. Immediately I thought the shifting felt weird and a little but chalked it up to new car break in yada yada. Im so excited but still feel a lil funny, anyway me and the boys hanging out friday night beautiful night. I come to the car remote start her up I have the 2ss rs a6 and BAM! Check engine light. i drive off hoping itll disengage get on the freeway and the car is acting all erratic.

I pull over on the freeway @ 2:30 am ( like im looking for help from CHP or sumthing LOL0 and turn it off and turn on....still check engine light on! I pray i dont get jacked by the police and the car doesnt stall and finally make it home

I wake up contact Onstar and the say I have a Transmission control unit issue and a Communication Bus issue. Not even 80 miles on it I feel horrible
will take it to dealer monday, but this sucks.......Not sure if I even want it and what leverage do I have with dealer

Dude, chill out, this is a first year build! Car made it home but, the way you talk about the police, glad I don't live in ca. Haven't even seen your dealer, so you don't know, could be one little thing. Also, what do you mean by "leverage" ? Sounds like you didn't want it to begin with.

2SS, CGM, M6, Polished Wheels
6000 8/13/09
gtwss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:49 AM   #5
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
No biggy, dealer will hook it up unless its a lemon and they won't have a choice but to either give you a new car.

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:58 AM   #6
Sidewayz_510

Drives: 2010 BLK SS/RS & 2005 Range Rover
Well Im sitting at home on a Saturday night after forking out a large cash deposit for my 2010 camaro, now im looking at TV. Ive waited for this car so long I guess im just frustrated at the total process I went through and now to have issues i guess im just venting. Actually I was choosing between the 2010 camaro and the 1969 camaro that Ive always wanted but I gues I cant second guess now....

I dont care that sh%t sucks though your first nite out with the car and it acts faulty!!
I had a appt to get my exhaust installed Mon but thats not gonna happen cause Ill be at the Dealer dealin with those a holes again for this issue
Sidewayz_510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:50 AM   #7
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Why are you worried the police are going to "jack you?" Just out of curiosity. Police are there to help you when you need it. If I was stranded on the side of the highway, I'd love for the police to come by and help me out. Or, ....was there something else going on at 2:30 in the morning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelZ View Post
No biggy, dealer will hook it up unless its a lemon and they won't have a choice but to either give you a new car.
There's more than that that has to happen to make it a lemon. There has to be several issues, you have to give the dealer the opportunity to fix them, they have to break again, fix again, break, etc....and then ....it's a lot...nevermind...
Quote:
Well Im sitting at home on a Saturday night after forking out a large cash deposit for my 2010 camaro, now im looking at TV. Ive waited for this car so long I guess im just frustrated at the total process I went through and now to have issues i guess im just venting. Actually I was choosing between the 2010 camaro and the 1969 camaro that Ive always wanted but I gues I cant second guess now....

I dont care that sh%t sucks though your first nite out with the car and it acts faulty!!
I had a appt to get my exhaust installed Mon but thats not gonna happen cause Ill be at the Dealer dealin with those a holes again for this issue
So you've dealt with them before (already once???) with the transmission?
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:07 AM   #8
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Probably a faulty or loose part.........chill out. Sorry you are having issues, but that is life, you learn to deal. All the sudden you do not want the car??????? Worried about the police????? Very suspect activities and extreme behavior.

All cars are subject to issues in the beginning and throughout, even expensive Audi's and BMW's are known for electrical issues..........par for the course when you have a compilations of parts manufacturers assembled to make one car.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:34 AM   #9
my2010camaross
ss

Drives: all black ss
you could have leverge on human error..? the robots dont do everything. atleast not yet.
my car is just needs some good zaino attention. shes been asking me for it since i picked her up.
my2010camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 06:06 AM   #10
shevyman

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
its sad that i read all these problems on chevys new camaro, i can just imagine there other cars. i understand first model cars have bugs but damn it seems to be a problem with alot of the new camaros. now i have 1600 miles on mine and yet noticed anything except for the whole trunk latch but nothing major. also i bought the new 2005 scion tc complete new car and have had it for 5 years with zero problems all i have had to do with this car is put gas in it and change the oil. also i used to drive it hard went through five sets of tires and the car is still good. sorry but all i see and hear are problems. not hating i purchased my first american car and will find out out they really are.
shevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:38 AM   #11
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
Quote:

Is your 2010 a daily driver, because its not really fair to compare it to a 1969, which should not be a daily driver. They aren't even close you have a 40 year technology gap. And you mention going back to the A hole dealer, why would you purchase from an A hole dealer? And why not find another dealer for warranty work?
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:26 AM   #12
gtwss
Time To Hammer Down

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 02 Monte Carlo SS
So, what did your dealer say

2SS, CGM, M6, Polished Wheels
6000 8/13/09
gtwss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:11 AM   #13
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtwss View Post
So, what did your dealer say
+1 ????

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote