Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 09-26-2013, 10:11 PM   #15
Rodolfo

Drives: Camaro 2LT 2012
Any products you recommend? Or is Adam's truly the best option.
Rodolfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:18 PM   #16
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
I prefer Werkstat Satin Prot for interior surfaces.

If you ever have a question about product, you can always check this out

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275418

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-26-2013, 10:27 PM   #17
Rodolfo

Thanks for everything, glad i came across this forum, beautiful Camaro by the way the ashen grey and maroon are my two favorites.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:38 AM   #18
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Your leather isn't leather.

Use any plastic/interior cleaner or conditioner you like. Something with UV protection is good.
BINGO!

Unless you have a custom interior done and specify uncoated hides or drive a king ranch edition ford truck you are treating a urethane layer over the leather... and in increasingly more cars, the sides of the bolsters and areas that you don't contact are actually vinyl.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:32 AM   #19
cableman

Drives: camaro
I have been using leatherique. It works awesome....still like new after 6 mos.
cableman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:24 AM   #20
Rodolfo

Leatherique is product that does what exactly because my goal is if possible to be able to restore the damage done to the bolster and then maintain it as best possible but first i want to know if i can repair any of the damage. So will the leatherique repair the creases and maybe darken the seats or what exactly will it do? ( i have pictures of the current condition of my seats on one of my albums)
Old 09-28-2013, 12:14 PM   #21
cableman

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodolfo View Post
Leatherique is product that does what exactly because my goal is if possible to be able to restore the damage done to the bolster and then maintain it as best possible but first i want to know if i can repair any of the damage. So will the leatherique repair the creases and maybe darken the seats or what exactly will it do? ( i have pictures of the current condition of my seats on one of my albums)
Unfortunately' you are stuck with the damage. There are no "magic" products to fix it.
cableman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:59 AM   #22
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
I don't think you can do much about the damage that's already done, but this is what I use on my leather.

http://www.lexol.com/product_leather_cleaner.aspx
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #23
Yellow Camaro

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
I've always used Adams interior cleaner and leather conditioner. 30,000 miles and no visible aging to the seats.
Yellow Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:59 AM   #24
mailclerk

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodolfo View Post
I recently got my Camaro and i got it as a certified pre-owned 2012 with the 2lt tim and RS package, ive noticed that my driver seat is already starting to crack a bit from the left bolster i just want to know what products you guys use on the leather to keep it from cracking, peeling , and fading.Or is my best best just buying car seat covers.
Rodolfo,

If it's one of those pre-certified GM Camaros then I'd take it back cuz it's not suppose to be in that condition when you bought it. If you show then they might just replace it free. Otherwise I'd just use any leather product to put back the oils in the leather. I think I use a product from Turtle Wax. "Ice" and apply liberally and allow it to soak in for a couple days.

Mail Clerk
mailclerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:59 PM   #25
mulletman

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailclerk View Post
Rodolfo,

If it's one of those pre-certified GM Camaros then I'd take it back cuz it's not suppose to be in that condition when you bought it. If you show then they might just replace it free. Otherwise I'd just use any leather product to put back the oils in the leather. I think I use a product from Turtle Wax. "Ice" and apply liberally and allow it to soak in for a couple days.

Mail Clerk
Your leather interior is mostly vinyl. What little leather is used is covered in urethane. There are no oils to replace. Dylan from Adams has explained this many times.

t
mulletman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:28 AM   #26
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulletman View Post
Your leather interior is mostly vinyl. What little leather is used is covered in urethane. There are no oils to replace. Dylan from Adams has explained this many times.

t
Correct.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-10-2013, 08:14 AM   #27
Todd@Autopia

Drives: 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
When it comes to leather care, I am a huge fan of using leather care products, designed by leather care companies.

Yes, modern leather is coated (and no, it is not always a urethane coating. In fact, semi-aniline rarely uses a urethane coating because it takes away from the feel of the leather).

This coating will crack and develop microscopic tears over time, so you still want to condition the actual leather.

I am a huge fan of Leather Master-brand products, and use these almost exclusively on every leather interior I detail, around my house, etc. Leather Master is made by Uniters sPa. They are a company whose main focus is leather care, and 90% of the high-end leather care products you buy are made by them, whether a high-end furniture company relable or the $300 Ferrari Leather Kit, you are getting Leather Master Products.

As far as the damage to the bolster, it is permanent. Like skin, once leather wrinkles, it wrinkles. Camaro leather is fully coated and on the extreme low-end of premium leather. Not much you can do but keep it clean and protected to help it age gracefully.
Todd@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:25 PM   #28
mailclerk

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulletman View Post

t
mulletman,

Gee wiz I didn't know that! If I paid for leather seating then that's what I expected How can GM call it leather seats and pay that kind of money and get mostly vinyl Perhaps GM should chime in for an explaination.

OK then what about my 08' Impala SS???? I have black leather seating in that. In fact I just got back from treating the seats with a conditioner.

OK GM what's the deal on this issue

Mail Clerk
mailclerk is offline   Reply With Quote