Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-19-2013, 04:04 PM   #1
niterat

Drives: ZLI IOM Convertible
Xpel vs Suntek?

Went to my local installer to see about Xpel ultimate. He is steering me toward Suntek. Says it is more scratch resistant and even though the Xpel is self healing it doesn't completely heal. Does anyone have experience with Suntek and would you agree with him?
niterat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:48 PM   #2
Jeffm
ICANHAZ

Drives: 2013 CRT 1SS/RS
lol your dealer is an idiot your better off using over the counter products than that stuff
Jeffm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:19 PM   #3
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffm View Post
lol your dealer is an idiot your better off using over the counter products than that stuff
What the heck are you even talking about?? Over the counter products? He's not talking about a dealer, he's talking about a clear bra installer... and I don't think you can get a clear bra "over the counter."
I'm quite certain he wouldn't be "better off" with it if such a product did exist.

As for the OP, I have Xpel Ultimate, and have no issues with it. With that said, I know nothing about the Suntec stuff, which may also be very good.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:05 PM   #4
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybsyc View Post
What the heck are you even talking about?? Over the counter products? He's not talking about a dealer, he's talking about a clear bra installer... and I don't think you can get a clear bra "over the counter."
I'm quite certain he wouldn't be "better off" with it if such a product did exist.

As for the OP, I have Xpel Ultimate, and have no issues with it. With that said, I know nothing about the Suntec stuff, which may also be very good.
Not to get off topic, but what areas did you get covered? Was the installer able to get all of the air bubbles out? And you basic thoughts and/or complaints?
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:13 PM   #5
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
Not to get off topic, but what areas did you get covered? Was the installer able to get all of the air bubbles out? And you basic thoughts and/or complaints?

I only had the front bumper (upper and lower) done, and the mirrors. If I didn't tell you it was on there you'd be hard pressed to ever see it...even then you'd have a hard time seeing it. No air bubbles, and as glossy as the paint. It actually has LESS orange peel than the factory clearcoat. (Something that 3M can't say) and is crystal clear. I should get the hood done too come to think of it.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:10 PM   #6
niterat

Drives: ZLI IOM Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffm View Post
Thanks, this is the feedback I asked for. Why is it so bad?
niterat is offline   Reply With Quote