Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 04-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #1
tooslow
Banned

Drives: 4 Wheels, Gasoline Engine
1LE sub 3 minute time. Which course?

I've searched several threads, but I cannot find which course or configuration the 1LE ran at VIR. Was it the 4.1 mile Grand West Course, which is what Car & Driver uses for its annual Lightning Lap event (which is actually the least used configuration there) or was it the 3.27 Full Course? The Boss 302's time of 3:02 was on the 4.1 mile course, so I'd really like to know which course the sub 3 minute 1LE run was made on. If it was the full course, a sub 3 run is not that impressive as many cars commonly run mid-to-low 2's on the Full Course.

The way it's being talked up, I sure hope it is the Grand West and not the Full configuration.
tooslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:48 PM   #2
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:43 PM   #3
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooslow View Post
I've searched several threads, but I cannot find which course or configuration the 1LE ran at VIR. Was it the 4.1 mile Grand West Course, which is what Car & Driver uses for its annual Lightning Lap event (which is actually the least used configuration there) or was it the 3.27 Full Course? The Boss 302's time of 3:02 was on the 4.1 mile course, so I'd really like to know which course the sub 3 minute 1LE run was made on. If it was the full course, a sub 3 run is not that impressive as many cars commonly run mid-to-low 2's on the Full Course.

The way it's being talked up, I sure hope it is the Grand West and not the Full configuration.
Yeah I'd like to know this too, I'm remaining skeptical until the car is actually seen running, I'm not gonna believe some words someone typed on the internet.... Sub three minutes could be any where from 2:59.00-2:59.99 for all we know until it is actually shown to us.
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:41 PM   #4
Sandor
Chevrolet Performance

Drives: Camaro Chroma
Here is the story from the Chevrolet media site:

DETROIT – The road-racing inspired Camaro 1LE performance package returns for 2013 with unique gearing, suspension tuning, and tires that makes the model capable of more than 1 g of lateral acceleration and a sub-three minute lap time at Virginia International Raceway’s Grand Course.

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/chev...ar/0327_camaro
Sandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:24 PM   #5
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandor View Post

DETROIT – The road-racing inspired Camaro 1LE performance package returns for 2013 with unique gearing, suspension tuning, and tires that makes the model capable of more than 1 g of lateral acceleration and a sub-three minute lap time at Virginia International Raceway’s Grand Course.

Okay and what is the time? Sub three minutes means about as much to me as 550+ horsepower. I want to know actual figures...
Old 04-05-2012, 06:33 PM   #6
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Chevy sure loves publishing times for its pre-production cars. I predict that Chevy will let the media sample a pre-production 1LE only if it is compared against a standard 5.0 and not a Boss.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #7
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
Chevy sure loves publishing times for its pre-production cars. I predict that Chevy will let the media sample a pre-production 1LE only if it is compared against a standard 5.0 and not a Boss.
Now now, Ford tested a preproduction 13 GT500 Vert too......

......against a 12 Coupe
Old 04-05-2012, 06:48 PM   #8
tooslow
Banned

Drives: 4 Wheels, Gasoline Engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandor View Post

Thanks. So it was a Grand course, we just don't know if it was East or West. If it was East, then the sub 3 time is impressive, as it is 4.2 miles versus the West's 4.1.
tooslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #9
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
Based on what, exactly? GM didn't put any restrictions on what the ZL1 could be compared against. Why would they do it for the 1LE?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote