Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-17-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
I’m not sure how you garage queens / storage people do it!

My Camaro is not my DD, the only reason is there is major construction (building a new road and overpass) by my job that will continue for the next year. With that said I still risk it and drive it to work once or twice a week. I cannot wait for this construction to be done!

The days I don’t drive my Camaro to and from work sucks, it so boring. When I get home I find any reason to take it out for a run, whether it be a spirited drive, a trip to Home Depot, a gas run whatever, I just have to drive it.

I cannot understand having this beauty and just driving it on the weekends or having it in storage for months. Life is too short not to enjoy this bad boy!

Rant over

Last edited by nyrfan; 12-17-2012 at 01:33 PM.
nyrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:21 PM   #2
Troy TrackBeast

Drives: 09 Pontiac G8 GT
I couldnt agree more! My Dad is the worlds worst, has a 2011 C6 with less than 1000 miles on it....I just dont get it.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:26 PM   #3
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Well, we ALL can't live in Orlando, FL!!!! My car is in storage (in my garage) for a good 5 months out of the year. Yes, it sucks! But I get plenty of time to work on mods, and get ready for the next Summer. Plus, I don't drive it on rainy days either. It's mainly a weekend cruiser....and I like it that way!!! I've had my car since June 2009, and she only has 5,200 miles on it now!!!!
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:37 PM   #4
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I don't understand why people just let their cars sit around collecting dust and cobwebs. I spent 30k for my convertible and I'm not gonna let it sit around a lot. I am retired and top up or down I love driving it. Who knows when fate will step in and you can no longer drive. When I had my 2010 I was diagnosed with cancer, undergoing chemo for 6 months I was unable to drive it and I could hardly stand it. I was lucky and came through it and decided to get the Convertible and enjoy it as much as I can while I can.
I have an older brother that accidentally tripped and fell down a flight of stairs. He is now partially paralyzed and hasn't driven in over 3 years. Just goes to show that you never know what tomorrow may bring. Enjoy life while you can.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:41 PM   #5
mattsfirstSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS L99
my outlook changed after my first rock chip. I was paranoid, didnt drive many places, parked almost no where. Got my rock chip out of the way and that was it, it was now just a car. The idea of the car god died with the chip of paint on the highway somewhere.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:03 PM   #6
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I don't understand why people just let their cars sit around collecting dust and cobwebs. I spent 30k for my convertible and I'm not gonna let it sit around a lot. I am retired and top up or down I love driving it. Who knows when fate will step in and you can no longer drive. When I had my 2010 I was diagnosed with cancer, undergoing chemo for 6 months I was unable to drive it and I could hardly stand it. I was lucky and came through it and decided to get the Convertible and enjoy it as much as I can while I can.
I have an older brother that accidentally tripped and fell down a flight of stairs. He is now partially paralyzed and hasn't driven in over 3 years. Just goes to show that you never know what tomorrow may bring. Enjoy life while you can.
AMEN, Brother Bird! And glad you beat the monster.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:30 PM   #7
Ehmsea

Drives: 2013 2SS RS Hurst NPP
Mine has been in the garage under a cover for about a month now. It is killing me not drive it (no snow yet, but should be some soon). It also sucks not being able to see it either (under the cover). Maybe I'll unwrap it on Christmas morning!!! that would be awesome!

CAI Intake w/washer relocation and race scoop
Ported Throttle Body (Polished)
Kooks LT stepped headers 1-3/4 to 1-7/8
High Flow Cats
Livernois Motorsports Stage 2c Cam Package
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKXyCyBh9BU

Hill Start Assist Delete
Ehmsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:46 PM   #8
RickGM

Drives: 2013 SS V8 L99 Magnusson Heartbeat
Come on guys, it's a car. It's designed to be driven. No one likes the thought of winter road salt getting everywhere but it isn't going to destroy your car. We've all paid good money for our pride and joy cars so why not get the maximum pleasure from them. Maybe a different story if your roads are snowed over for 3 months but in the UK it's rare for us to have 3 days like that!

Congrats Angrybird 12 for getting through that horrible disease.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:01 PM   #9
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
I still enjoy it just in smaller doses. I've had my 2010 since september 2009 and have 13K on it so it's not like it's always parked. I'd rather not kill it by driving it in bumper to bumper traffic for 45 mins each way to work or watching it die a slow rusty death due to the salt and snow around here.

Fortunately I recently got a new job closer to home so I took advantage of being able to park in a covered garage and took it to work a few times until packing it away for the winter. :( but he'll be out to play in a few months and he'll probably have a few new parts when he does.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #10
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Mine has been in storage for 1 month so far and I got 4 more to go. Right now we got a winter storm watch in affect for most of Iowa. I don't want to deal with the sand or the salt and have my car rust. I plan on keeping this car for my entire life and I am only 26. Only have 2900 miles and owned it for 18 months. One way I cope with storage in the winter is mods. Right now I am waiting for the UPS man to show up right now with my American Racing long tube headers.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:57 PM   #11
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
sitting in traffic moving 2-5Mph is no more fun in my camaro than my DD
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #12
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
I made this same thread when I got my SS last year! I was on vacation for a week and I could hardly stand it! I couldn't imagine having a car just sit in my garage just to look at. I actually had a Corvette before I bought my ZL1 and the main reason I sold it was because I only drove it twice after I bought my 2011 Camaro SS. I drive mine year round, and I plan to do the same with my ZL1. I already have my winter tires on it ready for the white stuff (if we get any). Cars are meant to be driven, so I drive them!
Old 12-17-2012, 05:12 PM   #13
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
I just put a big mustache on mine for the spiders to live in.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:15 PM   #14
C5RocksC5
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I put a 10ft xmas tree on the roof of my Camaro 2 weekends ago.
C5RocksC5 is offline   Reply With Quote