Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 3rd Generation Camaros

Old 08-21-2015, 04:15 PM   #1
Car Guy Dennis

Drives: 1991 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
12.99 for $1,299 Car Illustrated Challange

Best $450 any man ever spent...1991 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 and officially the Cars Illustrated 12.99/$1,299 Challenge car...wish me luck, now back to the shop.

A few days later...

Just got back home after giving the Z28 a bath and some interior love. Amazed how clean this car really is inside and out.

Yes, the paint is toast - but overall the car is straight, clean and ready for the next step...

Lets hope I never see this while it is running...
No oil pressure and 240 is not good

Mike and I will be out all weekend looking for the hit list of parts to repair the hole in the truck, fuel system and see if we can find a tank.

But for now I might just sit in the front seat and make vroom-vroom sounds...I'm such a dork, but I love this car.

Where I am as of today...

Got my hands on not only the correct 3rd-Gen gas tank...

...and the scrap/donor sheetmetal

Mike also found a the fuel block....

But it did not come free - all total $55 bucks and a breakfast burrito. I got lucky on the tank and found a guy out near PIR with more junked 3rd Gens than one guy should have in his yard, told him the story of what I was trying to do and he was sympathetic to my lack of budget.

Mike found the fuel block/filter/sending unit off CL for $20 bucks - again, somebody who "was" going to fix their IROC and never did, but still had a few parts laying around...and with a little smart shopping we should have the Z28 up and running soon - don't have a lot of time to work on the car until next Friday, so I'm going to continue to shop for good deals and see if I can continue to find them...

Car Guy Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote