Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-31-2010, 04:16 AM   #71
SILVER BULLITT

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS MONSTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey13Playa View Post
Sweeeet! I don't want to pay all that money to switch out everything to get true HID's for an RS. If these look pretty damn close then I am sold! I am putting my trust in a random internet camaro community friend!

Err wait, seen in the orginal post these are non RS ones? So what If I have an RS, ugh... :(
well your screwed, just like me
HP MONSTER' SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BUILT, LMR CAI, CUSTOM GRIND CAM, CUSTOM BUILT CNC PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS, FAST 102MM INTAKE MANIFOLD,ARH LONG TUBES AND HIGH FLOW CATS, BIGGER INJECTORS, VALVES SPRINGS RETAINERS, MGW SHORT SHIFTER, EIBACH SPRINGS, FACTORY CHROMED WHEELS, BLACKED OUT EMBLEMS, BLACKED OUT ROOF,BLACKED OUT MARKERS, 3.5 INCH ELECTRONIC CUTOUTS, FLOWMASTERS, ZEX WET 150 SHOT, FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF =630 REAR WHEEL TORQUE ,AND 600 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER
MY JOURNALhttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...02#post2023802 SOON TWIN TURBO SETUP
SILVER BULLITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:23 AM   #72
Hockey13Playa

Drives: 2011 Blacked out Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVER BULLITT View Post
well your screwed, just like me
Ugh, this drives me absolutley nuts!!!!!!
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:14 AM   #73
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSKIDN View Post
how hard is the install on these fog bulbs? I was reading when caverman put his ACC replacement bulbs in from ACC and it wasnt as easy as just plugging them in. Would it be best to remove the front cap to get to them easier or what? I have that mastered after doing the heritage grill install.
When I did the first ones from AAC it was not known how to do it easily. I was told to just reach up an remove them......that was the WRONG way. Since then I've learned how to do them the right way.

There are 3 torque screws on the inner fender. Remove those, pull out the fender well a little, and you can get right to the fog housing. Once you've done it, it takes like 5 min to get the housing out.

Here is some more info on the ones I ended up with:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...72#post2125272

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSKIDN View Post
Ok guys you talked me into it. I just ordered a set from iJDMtoy.com for my fogs. If anyone else in interested in getting some they are running 10% off sale with code B2S until Aug 31st. Now I guess I will go with the HID kit from ACC with 6000K bulbs. Any comments on that?? no Halos yet until I see how easy all these are to instal.
Do it! Only other comment I would have is to check out BfXenon as well. Their kit is about $50 cheaper I believe and looks like the same setup. I called them once when I was doing those AAC fogs and they answered the phone right off the bat. The install should be the same as the AAC.

Either one will work. You won't be sorry. You'll actually be kicking yourself that you didn't do it sooner. I LOVE mine. Just stick with the 6000k and you'll be good.

I'm also buying the harness from FieldGoal00 that will make it so that whenever the parking lights or headlights are on the fog lights will come on. This should keep me from having to reach down and turn on the fogs everytime. That harness should be here in a week or so and I'll post on who it works out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
I tried to order from them but there weird, But an order in with payment by way of my Paypal, That was Saturday no request from paypal for payment 3 days of e-mail and all i get is put in your CC info, So as of right now i told then to forget it.

But they do look good that is why i wanted them.
Do you have HID headlights? If not they are not going to match up at all. The halogen are a much duller yellow then HID. I would suggest doing a whole HID kit along with the fogs. You won't be sorry! The HID lights are awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey13Playa View Post
Ugh, this drives me absolutley nuts!!!!!!
Well for $30 you're not out a whole lot of money. You might even be able to sell them to someone on the forum to recoupe at least 1/2 that. The RS should use the Pw13. I'm not positive on what makes them different but realize that the RS should see a lot more usage with their bulb because it is a DRL and not just a Fog Light.

Talk to AAC or BfXenon and just see what they say about the different bulbs.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:06 PM   #74
CAM-MARO
K1NG CAM

Drives: 2010 Summit White LT
got some more pics!!
Attached Images

Old 08-31-2010, 01:11 PM   #75
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
NICE!

Which HID kit did you go with? Those look like 6000k. Love that color.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:09 PM   #76
CAM-MARO
K1NG CAM

Drives: 2010 Summit White LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
NICE!

Which HID kit did you go with? Those look like 6000k. Love that color.
yea they are 6000k i dont think it could match any better
Old 08-31-2010, 06:10 PM   #77
aet08

Drives: c
get HID's for your headlights!
aet08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:52 PM   #78
JUSKIDN

Drives: 2010 Synergy Edition
looking sharp, great match on the white Maro
Old 10-07-2010, 11:08 PM   #79
phenixdragon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Anyone know if there are bulbs for the RS package besides the Oracles? I love how these ones looks but it looks like there still aren't any for the RS package.
phenixdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:40 PM   #80
Papa T

Drives: 2011 2LT RJT, 6A, 19" polished
Are they "White" or "Blueish"?
Thanks

Last edited by Papa T; 10-28-2010 at 06:00 AM.
Papa T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:47 AM   #81
Cmlloveless

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Make a set of these with the p13w plugs on the back and you would have a ton of sales! I bought AAC only because they were the only ones available! I complained to them and on this site before that they were way over priced for LED bulbs. If you can put out p13w sets at around the same price you would have lots of customers for them. Your bulbs look much cleaner when on.
Cmlloveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:42 PM   #82
D's Camaro

Drives: Imperial Blue 2010 2SS RS
hmm oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM-MARO View Post
here is direct site . remember these are non rs
i didnt read that till today and got the ones you posted ... do you know which ones would work with the RS package?
D's Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:39 PM   #83
AUS10BMX

Drives: 2010
Nice! Looks good, I have the same ones for mine. You should check into the DRL switchbacks, 6000K White/Amber. Click my sig and I have pics of them.

What HID KIt, name wise, and where did you get it from. I've been searching around lately trying to make a final decision.
AUS10BMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:59 PM   #84
jennnchuck

Drives: 2010 yellow 2lt/rs
here are the ones for the rs

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Chevy-Camar...g-light-4h.htm