Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 05-22-2014, 01:22 PM   #29
zim2323

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS 1LE
Roto-fab CAI installed and #5/#20 fuse pull overnight. Ran out of time to install the clean side Elite catch can, but I'll do that tonight. I should have the replacement hockey stick bracket for the dirty side install today as well.

Added a washer fluid relocation kit from Apex to the list. With that OEM in the CAI box there's not a lot of room. I'm more worried about getting washer fluid on the filter because I have a horrible habbit of spilling it and I rarely use a spout to fill. I guess I'll have to for now. HAHA
zim2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:45 PM   #30
zim2323

Elite catch can for dirty side installed. Had a little trouble with figuring out where to mount the clean side catch can, but after talking Tyler at JDP Motorsports, I'll have that one hooked up in no time!
Old 05-23-2014, 10:57 PM   #31
jksynergy

Drives: 11 SW SYNERGY SERIES/14 1SS 1LE
Sounds like you are making good progress. Congrats and be sure to share pics when you are finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 1SS 1LE. Bama, sporting Red Rock Metallic demon's horns, when we are ready to get naughty and open a can of whoopass! Airaid, Spectre, Xpel,Bowler shifter Peddars, UMI, Ult Perf. Diode Dynamics, JRE Tune, XS Power battery,
Hooker Headers Blackheart exhaust,Powerbrake
InstaGram & Twitter: @jlouie62
FB: hangtimeracing
jksynergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 08:49 AM   #32
zim2323

Thanks!

Tyler at JDP has been such a great person to work with. He's taken the time to answer all my annoying and noob questions. I truly appreciate the patience he's shown. So, big shout out to Tyler for that! I was anticipating my first oil change and diff fluid change at 1500 miles. UPS, however, had a completely different idea about how that was going to go *sigh*. The package made it all the way from Utah to Indiana before they damaged it. I have no idea what they damaged, but with 10qts of oil, as well as diff fluid, I'd be scared to find out. I was then worried about the time to get more product in relation to them getting their product back, and get the damage refunded by UPS. I couldn't expedite a new batch of oil without paying ridiculous shipping costs, so I decided to go with Mobile1 EP oil instead of the JoeGibbs LS30, since it's easier to get. Tyler was kind enough to swap out the oil for a VMax throttle body instead. If it wasn't for the timing of everything, 5 day ground shipping from Utah without massive shipping costs to expedite, and the immediate need to get the oil changes done, I would have just waited on the re-shipment. By doing oil local and getting TB instead, I was able to expedite a much lighter 3-day shipment of the TB, diff fluid, and filters for my appointment next Tuesday. Really can't thank you enough Tyler. Didn't expect you guys to work that out like that, but really appreciate your understanding in wanting to get that initial oil change done and swapping out for something else I could use instead.

Also want to send a shout out to Nate Corwin at Dream Makers Automotive here in Ft. Wayne, IN. He'll be doing my oil and diff fluid change, as well as some other installs that I just don't have time or experience to do. I'm a needy customer at times, and like Tyler, Nate is extremely patient and takes the time to answer my questions. I'm also going to have them do the 22PLE glass coating on my car at the end of the month, and hopefully a Dyno tune at the end of July when his tuner comes into town.

http://www.dreammakersautomotive.com
Old 05-29-2014, 11:59 AM   #33
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
OP I did not see Plasti Dip on your list. FTW.

Did I miss it?

Thanks for the links. Do you have a build thread too?
Old 05-29-2014, 12:41 PM   #34
zim2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
OP I did not see Plasti Dip on your list. FTW.

Did I miss it?

Thanks for the links. Do you have a build thread too?
No plans to plasti-dip. If I do anything it will be a permanent solution vs something I'll have to maintain as it deteriorates. I'm not real happy with the hood being vinyl vs paint, but I can fix that easy enough when it's time to replace.

I'd prefer to do this...
http://camarocollection.com/accessor...er-coated.html
...but that's down right stupid to pay that much for a couple pieces of painted plastic. I'll just have to keep my eyes open for those. They aren't worth more then $25 to me, so they're WAY overpriced and I'll probably never find them for less then $100, so you can see what that gets me. LOL

As for build thread, no. This is just a list of items, as a new Camaro owner, that I feel should all be in one place, and I consider *most* of them necessity for the longevity of the car. I literally spent so much time trying to find that info to start that I figured I'd help save someone else the same pain.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:34 PM   #35
zim2323

Got the Vmax throttle body yesterday and installed along with other various items on the list today. Compared to the stock throttle body, I'm not real impressed.

The ported VMax definitely had the sides cleaned up and the bend taken out, but the butterfly was really rough and the butterfly post looked untouched. My understanding is that most of the negative turbulence in a TB is generated by the post and the butterfly itself. Not to mention the Vmax looked to be quite old compared to what was on my car. I completely understand the exchange process and there's never a guarantee of the outside condition or age of the product I get, so that is more of an observation then anything. It would be nice to be able to exchange for the same year if available. I'd pay extra for that. While I definitely can feel better throttle response, I feel there's a lot more to be gained then what's there. I gather that the gains I did 'feel' were from the porting process removing the bend in the TB. I can tell you from the pics that my installer showed that the stock TB on the 2014 1LE were MUCH better looking then what was in the Vmax ported TB. Maybe they only focus on the sides, but I find that a lack of attention to detail. Valiant effort, but it falls short of my expectations unfortunately.

I'm going to see about keeping my original TB and getting it ported properly for the exact same cost, but he does the ENTIRE throttle body, including cylinder, post, and butterfly. I'll just have to see what my options are. I may have the Vmax up for sale soon.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:35 PM   #36
Kendall421

Drives: 1969 Z28, 1982 Z28, 2014 SS/RS/1LE
That is great feedback! I was getting close to ordering a Vmax. I am going to talk to Livernois Automotive locally to see if they do any work on those...may just have my stock one cleaned up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim2323 View Post
Got the Vmax throttle body yesterday and installed along with other various items on the list today. Compared to the stock throttle body, I'm not real impressed.

The ported VMax definitely had the sides cleaned up and the bend taken out, but the butterfly was really rough and the butterfly post looked untouched. My understanding is that most of the negative turbulence in a TB is generated by the post and the butterfly itself. Not to mention the Vmax looked to be quite old compared to what was on my car. I completely understand the exchange process and there's never a guarantee of the outside condition or age of the product I get, so that is more of an observation then anything. It would be nice to be able to exchange for the same year if available. I'd pay extra for that. While I definitely can feel better throttle response, I feel there's a lot more to be gained then what's there. I gather that the gains I did 'feel' were from the porting process removing the bend in the TB. I can tell you from the pics that my installer showed that the stock TB on the 2014 1LE were MUCH better looking then what was in the Vmax ported TB. Maybe they only focus on the sides, but I find that a lack of attention to detail. Valiant effort, but it falls short of my expectations unfortunately.

I'm going to see about keeping my original TB and getting it ported properly for the exact same cost, but he does the ENTIRE throttle body, including cylinder, post, and butterfly. I'll just have to see what my options are. I may have the Vmax up for sale soon.
Kendall421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:00 AM   #37
zim2323

Anybody have any interest in the Vmax ported TB once I swap it out for my original ported by LPE/DreamMakers?

If so, I'll post a link to the thread I'll post in the Marketplace forum when I get them swapped and get pics.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:02 PM   #38
zim2323

Want to send a huge thanks out to Nate Corwin, Jared Lencke, and the rest of the crew at DreamMakers for the work they did on my car while I was on vacation.

WOW...22PLE glass coating....just....WOW!!! Car is so much glossier then it was before. Looks absolutely amazing! Thanks Jared!

I'm encouraging Dream Makers Automotive to become sponsors here, but I just want to let everyone know that if you are in the North East Indiana, North West Ohio area and need a trustworthy group of guys, they are IT! If you need anything done, let them know, and ask them to become sponsors so we can really show everybody the class of work they do!
Old 07-15-2014, 11:44 AM   #39
zim2323

Added pics, post 22PLE glass coating.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:17 AM   #40
zim2323

Car is now tuned, thanks to Nate Corwin from Dream Makers Automative and Steve 'Frost' Williams.

Dream Makers also applied the Black Pearl tire dressing/coating and it looks awesome. Lasts 6-9 months!