Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-15-2010, 10:37 PM   #1
Lava
LSU Tigers!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
5th Gen makes cover of new Game!

Split Second is an upcoming action-racing video game developed by Black Rock Studio and published by Disney Interactive Studios for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Revealed in March 2009, the game is scheduled to be released in Europe on March 26, 2010.Specific release dates for other regions have not yet been announced however a tentative announcement of a May 2010 release was made.The game's main gameplay mechanic is the use of destructive environments and special actions.

In Split Second, players take part in a fictional reality TV programme where participants race for money and glory. Throughout a race, players can build up their "powerplay" meter by performing stunts such as jumps and precision driving such as passing very close to objects and drifting. As the player builds up their meter, special events can be triggered which create obstacles for other players, create shortcuts or alter the race course entirely.These triggers are also activated by the player's AI opponents.

Target-rendered screenshot showing cars driving past an exploding airport.

Such events include explosions, airplane crashes and building collapses. The severity of the events available to trigger varies depending on how full the player's meter is. The first level of events are available when two of the three bars on the HUD are full and the most extreme can only be triggered once all three are full. Event locations, and the vehicles they will affect, are highlighted with a blue glow and the player must time the action accurately in order to hinder his or her competitors as much as possible. As the powerplay meter resets once an event is triggered, the player must also strategise to choose whether to activate the less destrutive first-level events as soon as they are available, or save their powerplay points for longer and build them up further in order to use the top-tier actions. There are also certain powerplays that reset for the next lap, such as bombs dropped from helicopters, but there will also be powerplays that will never reset, unless the race is restarted or quit. Black Rock Studios also wanted to make the HUD as simple as possible by taking away all the unnecessary elements (speedometer, map, etc.) leaving only the lap count, position that the player is in and the powerplay meter, all dynamically positioned behind the car itself.
Using the reality TV show premise, the game is broken up into numerous seasons with 24 episodes each, with one episode consisting of three race events.The game has been confirmed to have multiplayer, online and offline.

Old 01-15-2010, 10:42 PM   #2
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Drives: S.I.M. SS
It could be a great game if the graphics are good enough. Might be fun to drive down the raceway in the new Camaro when all of a sudden....a plane falls out of the sky with "Mustang" titled across the side of it. lol.
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
**Result**: 465rwhp/ 447rwtq. Satisfied.
Mr CLuTcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 08:10 AM   #3
Lava
LSU Tigers!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
thought more people would have been intersted..hmmm
Old 01-16-2010, 08:15 AM   #4
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Looks like an interesting and fun arcade racer. While that car is kind of a Silhouette of the 5th Gen its not really the 5th gen
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:35 AM   #5
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
just buying that game will void your warranty..

hahahaa
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:46 AM   #6
camarofanatic

Drives: 2010 camaro
looks ok i guess...more towards the bottom of my game list....i really like forza 3 and need for speed shift when it comes to a video game that has the camaro! i actually prefer forza over shift...in forza you can customize more, theres more choices of colors wheels performance parts and vinyls if you choose so.

but great find though maybe ill rent it! thanks for the info lava
camarofanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:41 PM   #7
extremepcs

Drives: 2010 2SS Automatic - Black
"Disney Studios" killed the excitement for me... LOL Maybe I'll get it for my kids.
extremepcs is offline   Reply With Quote