Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-31-2012, 08:31 AM   #15
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Ok guys.. Here is the scoop and please understand the sensitive nature of the contact to the railroads. Yes these are your cars but right now they belong to GM and GM is the customer of the railroad and not us. NEVER SPEAK TO LIVE RAILROAD PERSONNEL This is vital. If the system tries to transfer you to a live operator then hang up and try again. GM has loosened their hold on giving out railcar numbers to cusomers because this rule has been accepted. The Railroad does not have a customer service staff to handle calls from rabid enthusiasts wanting to know where their car is. If they get calls from us then GM will get that feedback from CSX and UP and immediately stop providing numbers and our access to the automated system which gives the same information will be terminated.

I had to get that out there first because it is so important. This ability to track a railcar goes way beyond just one car. We have hundreds using this railtracking method every day. Several times a day.

OK once you see your status move to 4200 shipped you can contact your dealer and have them look on their Global Connect NOW screen. Only the originating dealer can see the results for this information so other dealers here on the forum cant just look them up for you.....even though I know they would gladly. Not all employees of a dealer are given access to or understand how to use Global Connect so you may need to ask the inventory manager or sales manager. Make sure that they know you understand and agree not to speak to live employees even if that is given as an option on the phone system. Some dealers will not provide this information to a customer no matter how hard you beg. You can also try calling customer service at Chevrolet at
Phone:

800-222-1020

How to reach a live person:

Keep pressing 0 through all of the messaging.

Hours of Operation:

Mon - Fri: 8am - 9 pm EST

Ask them to check with the Dealer Business Center to get you a railcar number.

Then follow these instructions closely. If you have any issues or just flat need help you can contact me on the Connects forum and I would be more than happy to help. Dont post up here because I do not follow threads over here as closely due to the volume.

And for the question regarding trucking. Only Cassens has online information available to the public and if you are on a Cassens truck your report will automatically be displayed on your status screen when you check your car. All other companies report to GM on a daily basis and you will have to wait for your update to show movement or delivery.

What do common Railroad terms mean?

Delivered at Interchange
May switch tracks or the like then on to the next stop
After the interchange you may need to call Union Pacific. The railcar may change carriers.
Delivered at Industry
This is the end of the Rail journey. Rail Car is waiting to be unloaded. Then the Car is just waiting on a truck for the last leg.
ON HOLD
Hold can be anything, no real way to know why it is on HOLD. If it is a prolonged length of time contact the general manager and ask the reason
Bad Order
There is something wrong with the rail car (not your car)….a mechanical failure or the like.
CSX SHIPPING STATUS
Only two possible status for CSX ONHOLD OR SHIPPABLE
Constructively placed
Rail car has been put on a side track waiting to hook up to next ride or to another area depending on the situation
Placed at Customer Location
"placed at customer location" is in a position at the terminal to be unloaded. Is waiting to get moved over to the unloading area
WAY BILLED
The waybill update just means that they have the paper work for the railcar to continue
Diverted in Transit
Change in destination or routing OR instructions- may be a change in destination, route, name of consignee, name of consignor,
party to notify, etc. It is a change in instruction. It doesn’t mean the train itself is diverted. It could be something as simple
as a change made in the paperwork

How do I track my car on a railcar?

The first thing you will need is a railcar number. This can be received from your dealer by asking them to contact the Dealer Business Center and asking for it. You can also call Customer Service and ask an advisor for it. Not in all cases will your dealer provide you with a railcar number nor will the Customer Service Reps. I think a lot has to do with the relationship you develop with them. Once you have a railcar number, most important. Never talk to live personnel at the railroad! Only use automated phone system. If it attempts to transfer you to a live person please hang up. The railcar information we are provided by GM is given as a courtesy and if we call live personnel we will lose our data and ability to track
CSX
1. Call the CSX 1-800-235-2352
2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.
3. When prompted for the car initials, say ETTX (whatever initials you have) then wait for the next prompt. OR key in 32-81-81-92 (for ETTX)(letter and position on your phone)
4. When prompted for the car number, say 907048 or key in whatever your car number is
5. When prompted for next car say DONE.
6. That's it; enjoy your updated status report.

Union Pacific
1. Call UP at 1 800 877-5123
2. Follow phone prompts for Trace
3. Say the railcar number complete and clearly. Example ETTX123456 all together
4. Listen for your update

These automated systems can be frustrating. Keep in mind they are intended for use by folks that use them daily all day long. Like I said if you are being transferred to a live person please hang up and try again or simply post up and one of our team would be happy to help.

Larry, Hylton, Lisa and Eric
ChevroletConnects.com, GMCConnects.com, CadillacConnects.com, BuickConnects.com GMConnects.com

Please direct fellow folks to this post to help them out as this question will be asked about 476 times in the next couple days.

Congrats everyone...the wait is about over. Larry
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:37 AM   #16
Drake Heminger

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
Thanks Larry!!! (:
Old 03-31-2012, 08:41 AM   #17
2010 SS RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Heminger View Post
Thanks Larry!!! (:
Not a problem Drake...we have been on this road ourselves and know the need for info is the only thing to keep us going while these babies are moving home. Larry
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
Old 03-31-2012, 08:45 AM   #18
Drake Heminger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
Not a problem Drake...we have been on this road ourselves and know the need for info is the only thing to keep us going while these babies are moving home. Larry
Very true! One more question, my dealer said my car shipped but gmconnects says bayed... Does gmconnects take time to update to 4200 shipped? Just wondering
Old 03-31-2012, 08:54 AM   #19
Drake Heminger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbotta View Post
I have called every number, nobody has a clue with todays computers you can track a toothbrush but cant track a 60000 car coming from canada,,My car is only 9 hrs from where i live in chicagoland.
Mines 10 hrs I'm in north VA
Old 03-31-2012, 08:57 AM   #20
jbotta

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Very true! One more question, my dealer said my car shipped but gmconnects says bayed... Does gmconnects take time to update to 4200 shipped? Just wondering
drake good question my gm connects hasen't moved since 3/ 12 /12 it just shows bayed hoping larry can help us out
jbotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:00 AM   #21
Drake Heminger

Have u moved past bayed ever as in 4106 dealer invoiced?
Old 03-31-2012, 09:03 AM   #22
2010 SS RS

Quote:
Drake what is your order number. Looking at the data all of them that did in fact roll out from the yard did move to 4200 this morning and have been sent the email and the update. Remember they were released on Thursday which then let them move to the hands of the rail dispatchers and trucking company dispatchers. Those dispatchers then have to fill the railcars and trucks on paper first. Then those railcars and trucks have to be moved into place to load them. There are hundreds of railcars moved into the yard a day and many many truck transports. Just because they were all released does not mean that every single one of them actually moved the next day. In some cases depending on location it could be 3 to 5 days before a released vehicle actually moves because they will not load until the unit if full on paper and some locations may not have 19 other units ready to dispatch to that location. If a rail or trucking company has moved the car and loaded it on a railcar or trailer it would show as shipped status 4200. If it is still showing as bayed it is bayed. Data is current thru midnight in most cases. Railroads report data from previous days movement at the end of that day. So we saw all those that moved yesterday up to midnight this morning. Some trucking companies such as Jack Cooper and Cassens send data to GM at just about any time so it is possible that trucking transportation may be closer to real time. Your dealer probably was generated with an estimate as to its arrival based on the generation of the bill of laiding and release documents. Some would arguably take such a report and say it has shipped. But here where we deal with specific details we do not... Until the report is sent to GM and us saying it is in transit and shipped we do not post the 4200 up. Larry
Old 03-31-2012, 09:07 AM   #23
jbotta

Quote:
Have u moved past bayed ever as in 4106 dealer invoiced?
no im stuck at 4boo dont understand why gm connects hasnt moved i get window sticker when i click vin why wouldn't it say 4106 im so confused everyone is getting update not me
Old 03-31-2012, 09:07 AM   #24
2010 SS RS

On a side note for those that are saying they are x hours from the plant etc. Remember these transports must go thru customs etc. Some have to be transferred to a local distributor or have the railcar switched to a different train etc. Nothing cut and dry here. Some deliveries to Ohio and northern NY will move by truck but most others will move by rail.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:11 AM   #25
jbotta

Quote:
Drake what is your order number. Looking at the data all of them that did in fact roll out from the yard did move to 4200 this morning and have been sent the email and the update. Remember they were released on Thursday which then let them move to the hands of the rail dispatchers and trucking company dispatchers. Those dispatchers then have to fill the railcars and trucks on paper first. Then those railcars and trucks have to be moved into place to load them. There are hundreds of railcars moved into the yard a day and many many truck transports. Just because they were all released does not mean that every single one of them actually moved the next day. In some cases depending on location it could be 3 to 5 days before a released vehicle actually moves because they will not load until the unit if full on paper and some locations may not have 19 other units ready to dispatch to that location. If a rail or trucking company has moved the car and loaded it on a railcar or trailer it would show as shipped status 4200. If it is still showing as bayed it is bayed. Data is current thru midnight in most cases. Railroads report data from previous days movement at the end of that day. So we saw all those that moved yesterday up to midnight this morning. Some trucking companies such as Jack Cooper and Cassens send data to GM at just about any time so it is possible that trucking transportation may be closer to real time. Your dealer probably was generated with an estimate as to its arrival based on the generation of the bill of laiding and release documents. Some would arguably take such a report and say it has shipped. But here where we deal with specific details we do not... Until the report is sent to GM and us saying it is in transit and shipped we do not post the 4200 up. Larry
larry can you help me order # qbrtdz i have been stuck at 4boo since 3/12/12 no updates at all i do get window sticker when i click vin
thanks
joe
Old 03-31-2012, 09:11 AM   #26
2010 SS RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbotta View Post
no im stuck at 4boo dont understand why gm connects hasnt moved i get window sticker when i click vin why wouldn't it say 4106 im so confused everyone is getting update not me
In the past we would not see the window sticker availble for about 48 hours after shipping and we would use that as a confirmation that movement has happened. However, all the Zl1 stickers were presented early. In fact some were showing up even before the announcement that they were released on Thursday....So dont be hung up on the sticker showing and assume that movement has happened based on that. Try and relax.. it will move. Just like being built they cant do em all on the same day. Just not physically possible and logistically feasible. Larry
Old 03-31-2012, 09:15 AM   #27
jbotta

Quote:
In the past we would not see the window sticker availble for about 48 hours after shipping and we would use that as a confirmation that movement has happened. However, all the Zl1 stickers were presented early. In fact some were showing up even before the announcement that they were released on Thursday....So dont be hung up on the sticker showing and assume that movement has happened based on that. Try and relax.. it will move. Just like being built they cant do em all on the same day. Just not physically possible and logistically feasible. Larry
thanks larry i did talk to customer service they told me car left by truck hope to see the update move on gm connect
thanks for info
joe
Old 03-31-2012, 09:17 AM   #28
Drake Heminger

Quote:
Thanks for clearing that up for me... I guess there are still a few of us waiting to ship... I hope mine goes by truck! I'm 10hrs away!!! Thank you for all you do Larry!!!! (: