Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-20-2012, 06:59 PM   #15
Ciscokid

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Vert - BRM&2014 NRB Vette
What exactly is getting shutdown?is it all of GMconnects or just the forum support and customer support the site provides?
Will we still be able to track the status of our orders?

This might be obvious to others but I see the site providing support above just tracking the status of an order. It can't be. That hard to provide GM customers the ability to see their order and the status along the build cycle.
Ciscokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:17 PM   #16
mcamisgroup

Drives: 2012 ZL1
You wonderful folks kept me sane through the ordering and delivery of my SS and ZL1. Whatever we can do to make you a GM partner, let us know. You must stay!!
mcamisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:22 PM   #17
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Mods, can I let these GM customers know where to write to without the post being deleted?
For now I'd say, yes.

But we haven't heard form Tran yet so he may have a different opinion when he gets to it.

Apologies for the delayed reply.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:09 PM   #18
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
I haven't gotten an e-mail from them yet indicating they were shutting down, although it still shows that it was last checked on 7-12 even though I've checked it several times since then.

It figures tho that my dealers allocation for my ZL1 Vert was picked up on 7-19. I stopped at the dealer and we went over my order, they updated it and told me it now sits at event 2000, order accepted by GM.

Now I won't be able to track my order either if the rumor is true.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:13 PM   #19
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
I just wanted to chime in and thank everyone for all the great conversations and stories along with pictures when their babies finally made it home.

To clarify the situation as it stands now. Forum is up and running and we will always be there to offer support and report information as we know it. Of course my email is always available, facebook and our twitter remain active.

The status updates on Chevrolet orders is what is affected. The data feed has changed and we await an answer regarding a replacement feed. Unfortunately and unknown to us our provider is no longer responsible for such feed and the new person in charge has yet to respond to our request. The other option for data is lacking the information that takes advantage of the architecture of our system and quite honestly would require a tremendous manual resource which with the numbers of vehicles we track for customers is nearly impossible to manage.

So like you folks we wait....we wait for information and a response. Our IT department is standing by 24/7 to interface with whatever feed we are provided.

As Hylton mentioned we expect to have discussions very soon with GM regarding making the service a permanent and enhanced service.

This was not and I repeat not a situation where we were turned off. It is a result of changes from a department that perhaps did not even know of our service and feed. The great folks at GM that are aware of our service were and are as shocked by this as we are. And they have expressed to me today that their main concern is you....the customer and how to make sure that your purchasing experience is as fun and exciting as it should be and know that GMConnects has been an big part of that.

In the meantime we do suggest that you work with your dealer and customer service. We know its not as easy as checking your email every day but they should be able to provide you with the information that you need to survive the day.

Once again, thanks everyone! And please feel free to post up your experiences and perceptions about GMConnects right here as it will certainly be presented to the right folks as we try to take this small glitch and perhaps even expand the service in the near future.

Larry
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:24 PM   #20
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Guys- I hope you get this resolved soon. I know it was your GMConnects service that kept me same during the wait for my ZL1. It was a great service and I hope you are able to work out the issues ASAP.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:32 PM   #21
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
With the intenets anything an everyting can be posted, worthy or not. Just sayin.....
Old 07-20-2012, 11:05 PM   #22
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Very true words.. I notice that you reference Scott in your sig..... Scott was actually the very first supporter of our request of GM to provide tracking data. He was instrumental in getting our thoughts in front of John Fitzpatrick who believed in our idea. These are two of the folks at GM that have always put the customer first and foremost and were willing to take a risk on a couple guys from this very Camaro forum.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:09 AM   #23
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
I never met Scott, the little I know of him I feel like I have known him for a long time. He a moral, decent, passionate, honest man, who cares deeply for the product he promotes, the company he works for, and the consumers of the GM brand. He is to be admired.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:25 AM   #24
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Let me know if you want me to change title of this thread.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:23 AM   #25
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
Thanks for your hard work and dedication Larry. I hope GM gets back to you all soon with a solution.
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #26
cosmoZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 "Scarlett", 6 spd. Coupe
To All of you folks at GMConnects,
Where do I start.. Is this the thread where we want to share our experiences? I could probably put two or three pages together of how great a service you provide. Your timely, accurate, personal responses were a critical link to my buying process. From the start the professionalism exhibited was such that I simply thought this was a service provided by GM. So organised and accurate it was, I assumed it an additional avenue to show how much GM truly cared about their product and the people buying that product. After finding out GMConnects was a entirely volunteer group, my first statement was "Volunteers? You should be getting paid for the service you provide!!" It is that critical in this day and age of the internet, where everyone expects any answer to any question is available at their finger tips. Without this service GMC loses, In my opinion, some of the most positive aspects of buying a new car today. Truly the people involved with the initiation of this service deserves the greatest credit for putting a face on Corporate General Motors. While the Dealer remains the Principle conduit in the buying process, GMConnects is invaluable in complimenting the "Customer First" mantra of any successful business today. Thanks again for all you do.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:13 PM   #27
panther2469

Drives: 2011 2SS RS SIM Litho # 193
The folks at gmconnects are a awsome group of people, i hope things get worked out real soon.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #28
twmotox

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT RS
GM connects is back up?

I know GM connects was shut down but i just received an update from them today. Not sure whats going on now.