Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #43
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCracker View Post
Really?? I've had my car for only a month now and I have
How many SS or ZL1's owners have you stopped and talked to? If yours is the only one around you are the representative of Camaro owners since there are no others for comparison. Just last week here in my own city I had a guy in an white SS refuse to even look across at me while at a stop light. I was going to give him a "thumbs up" but due to his negative attitude he missed out. I am sure other things in his life have slipped through due to his "pride". I love talking to other car owners about their cars.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #44
FireCracker
Banned

Drives: a car
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1-V View Post
How many SS or ZL1's owners have you stopped and talked to? If yours is the only one around you are the representative of Camaro owners since there are no others for comparison. Just last week here in my own city I had a guy in an white SS refuse to even look across at me while at a stop light. I was going to give him a "thumbs up" but due to his negative attitude he missed out. I am sure other things in his life have slipped through due to his "pride". I love talking to other car owners about their cars.
If I see one I will definitely stop. If I'm out driving for fun I will always see other Camaro's and if I'm able to stop or get by them I definitely will lol. I love my car, may not be an SS or ZL1, but it's still badass in my mind I'm proud of it and a guy pulling up next to me in a ZL1 would make me even more proud that we are BOTH camaro owners.

There's always something better, but if you love what you have then what's the problem?
FireCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:20 PM   #45
SSpade22

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (Twin Turno 418)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorZL1 View Post
The comment was not meant to be elitist or ignorant, it is just my opinion. .
So your opinion is that the only people that don't like ZL1's are the people that cant afford them? That kinda sounds like an elitist opinion to me.

Pretty sure there are tons of rich people that prefer cars much MUCH more expensive than a ZL1.

I have driven a ZL1, and it just doesn't have enough "UMPH" for me. So i dislike the ZL1, and i can more than afford it.

There for your statement "the only people that don't like the ZL1 are those that cant afford it".... is invalid.
Power-gilde transmision
LSA WCCH Ported Heads 1400hp Axle Shafts DSS
FORE Dual pump FIC 2000cc Injectors
Twin Garrett 53s
SSpade22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:21 PM   #46
SSpade22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1-V View Post
I love talking to other car owners about their cars.
This is what its all about!!!
Power-gilde transmision
Twin Garrett 53s
Old 07-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #47
razorz28

Drives: 2017 Jeep Rubicon, 2016 Z06
It was a general statement of my opinion. When I had a V6 i wish I could have had a SS when I had a SS I wish I had a ZL1. Calling someone an elitist and and then saying you can more then afford something is leaning towards elitism? Maybe just my opinion again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSpade22 View Post
So your opinion is that the only people that don't like ZL1's are the people that cant afford them? That kinda sounds like an elitist opinion to me.

Pretty sure there are tons of rich people that prefer cars much MUCH more expensive than a ZL1.

I have driven a ZL1, and it just doesn't have enough "UMPH" for me. So i dislike the ZL1, and i can more than afford it.

There for your statement "the only people that don't like the ZL1 are those that cant afford it".... is invalid.
razorz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #48
SSpade22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorZL1 View Post
When I had a V6 i wish I could have had a SS when I had a SS I wish I had a ZL1.
That statement is completely different than the one you posted.... THIS ^ makes sense and is completely understandable and natural. I was simply defending the fact that I do not own a ZL1 because i don't want one..... not because im too poor to buy one., Which is how your comment was perceived.
Power-gilde transmision
Twin Garrett 53s
Old 07-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #49
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSpade22 View Post
That statement is completely different than the one you posted.... THIS ^ makes sense and is completely understandable and natural. I was simply defending the fact that I do not own a ZL1 because i don't want one..... not because im too poor to buy one., Which is how your comment was perceived.

You and several people are taking this way out of context. His statement didn't apply to ALL SS owners, and he never once said it did. If you could afford a SS and put another $15-$20k into it for mods, then you can afford a ZL1 and his statement didn't apply to you. It also seems that you purchased and modded your car before the ZL1 was even released. Also you seem to be thumping your chest, because your modded car is faster ... Who cares !!!
Old 07-01-2013, 06:03 PM   #50
Nightspore68

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL-1, Victory Red
Meanwhile, back on topic...

I liked my SS and I like my ZL-1. I would say if either of them is easily affordable, you might as well get the ZL-1. But they do drive quite a bit differently. It's easier to place the ZL-1 exactly where you want and the suspension (on "Tour" setting) makes it mroe comfortable around town.

Prospective buyers should drive them both if they can. I'm sure dealers will let you test drive an SS. I got my ZL-1 on faith. And my SS, now that I think about it - mine was ordered before they were available in 2009.

I should say some days I miss my SS. It was subtler and garnered less attention. Of course it was gray and the ZL-1 was red, so I brought it on myself.
Nightspore68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:21 PM   #51
batman53201
Account not blocked

Drives: The Batmobile
i could afford a ZL1, just not practical for me,
i wouldnt mind renting one for a week or two though
Old 07-01-2013, 07:32 PM   #52
mrmertz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I'd do neither. No matter how much money you throw into it, it will be an SS. You'll loose come trade in or sell time. Unless you race at the track, forking over the extra bucks is a ZL1 is a waste. For the street, dollar for dollar I think the SS is money well spent. 426HP with the 1LE and RS package is what I had.

I traded my 2013 SS for the 2013 ZL1.

Let the flaming begin on what is my personal view. And no, I'm not "full of myself" either.
mrmertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #53
Jason RS
2011 Summit White V6 RS

Drives: 2011 Summit White V6 RS MRT 1.0
Great thing about having a V6 is we don't say who's car is better. Got mine for looks. Love the style of these cars. Never planned to race or go to the track. Love the SS and the ZL1 but to me it was not worth the money to say I had one. Bring the peace. You drive a camaro.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:08 PM   #54
littlecammi

Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason RS View Post
Got my V6 Camaro for looks. Love the style of these cars.
A V6 Camaro can look almost identical to an SS, especially with the RS option and the factory rally stripes. And a V6 doesn't have the non-functional mail slot (which I don't like) in the front fascia, so its front end looks a bit cleaner.
littlecammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #55
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecammi View Post
A V6 Camaro can look almost identical to an SS, especially with the RS option and the factory rally stripes. And a V6 doesn't have the non-functional mail slot (which I don't like) in the front fascia, so its front end looks a bit cleaner.

Personally I like the whole chin area of the SS better than the LT ...
Old 07-02-2013, 02:00 PM   #56
wally mayfield

Drives: 2013 2SS 6M
v-6 with bolt on zl1 hood,chin, exhaust...
Strut tower brace(GM), CAI, Blade Spoiler, ZL1 wheels and tires, Heritage grill, Dual mode exhaust, and thats it, no more..except for the lowering springs..Ok Hotchkis springs were delivered today, thats it..
wally mayfield is offline   Reply With Quote