Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #1
Drake Heminger

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
Can you track your car once its picked up by the truck company?

Old 04-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #2
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Heminger View Post

What from the central distribution center rail yard to the dealership? No I don't think so. Most cases it will only be on a truck for a few hours.

You can go to your dealership though and talk to them. They have a good idea on what trucks will arrive and what day.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #3
Drake Heminger

Quote:
Originally Posted by armysig View Post
What from the central distribution center rail yard to the dealership? No I don't think so. Most cases it will only be on a truck for a few hours.

You can go to your dealership though and talk to them. They have a good idea on what trucks will arrive and what day.
oh ok thanks for the info bro!!
Old 04-08-2012, 06:51 PM   #4
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
I figured you would be stalking it once it comes off the train, following the truck to the dealer and helping to unload it.
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #5
Mr.R

Drives: ZL1, Genesis, Grand Cherokee
Yes you can. It shows on gmconnects but it's delayed a day. Mine was with Cassens transport. The dealer was useless for this info...they told me it was still at the plant...
So it fist goes to Niagara NYto clear custom - in my case then the next day or 2 it ships to the dealer. I called cassens directly and they were great. Good luck "bro"
Mr.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #6
kush396

Drives: chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Heminger View Post
oh ok thanks for the info bro!!
Drake , i still don't have mine , it is 30 miles away in a holding train yard held up due to the holiday , but i expect it this week mon tue wed at the latest yes yes yes:ch evy:
kush396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #7
99firehawk
Order in on 13' ZL1 vert

Drives: 1999 Firehawk Convertible
Hey Drake,
I hope your car is awesome when you get it and the long wait is a distant memory once you turn that key in a few days!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
99firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:56 PM   #8
Drake Heminger

Thanks guys do much!!! And Kush, very soon my friend (:
Old 04-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #9
Drake Heminger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99firehawk View Post
Hey Drake,
I hope your car is awesome when you get it and the long wait is a distant memory once you turn that key in a few days!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Thank you so much bro! (:
Old 04-08-2012, 08:03 PM   #10
Drake Heminger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Dan View Post
I figured you would be stalking it once it comes off the train, following the truck to the dealer and helping to unload it.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:06 PM   #11
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
I guess not everyone got the memo. Buyers are NOT repeat NOT to contact live personnel at the railroads or trucking companies. I know everyone gets excited about the arrival of their new car but contacting these Vendors of GM's will in turn get back to GM and they have stated time and time again. They will discontinue providing data that in turn gets to you the customers if this very basic rule is not followed. So for the sake of all the other buyers and in respect for the ones that have preceeded you Do Not Speak with Live personnel at Railroads or Trucking Companies Only recently was the decision made to release the railcar numbers to customers and if the practice of the few to bend the rules continues then it will be lights out for all future owners when they try and track their cars. Every effort is made to provide as much up to date information as possible so that folks can plan their arrivals. In the case of Cassens...OMG! The update direct from cassens is provided right on the tracking status why in the world would there be a need to contact them via phone? Railroads and Trucking companies do not have personnel that are set up to handle non customer calls.. and until you are the consigner you are not their customer.. GM is! By calling them you are slowing the progress of every other customer in getting their cars delivered. In the case of a trucking Company you are going to end up talking to a dispatcher. Yeah they are great people but when you take their time up then they cant do what they are supposed to be doing......Dispatching trucks to dealers with cars on them.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:16 PM   #12
Mr.R

Drives: ZL1, Genesis, Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
I guess not everyone got the memo. Buyers are NOT repeat NOT to contact live personnel at the railroads or trucking companies. I know everyone gets excited about the arrival of their new car but contacting these Vendors of GM's will in turn get back to GM and they have stated time and time again. They will discontinue providing data that in turn gets to you the customers if this very basic rule is not followed. So for the sake of all the other buyers and in respect for the ones that have preceeded you Do Not Speak with Live personnel at Railroads or Trucking Companies Only recently was the decision made to release the railcar numbers to customers and if the practice of the few to bend the rules continues then it will be lights out for all future owners when they try and track their cars. Every effort is made to provide as much up to date information as possible so that folks can plan their arrivals. In the case of Cassens...OMG! The update direct from cassens is provided right on the tracking status why in the world would there be a need to contact them via phone? Railroads and Trucking companies do not have personnel that are set up to handle non customer calls.. and until you are the consigner you are not their customer.. GM is! By calling them you are slowing the progress of every other customer in getting their cars delivered. In the case of a trucking Company you are going to end up talking to a dispatcher. Yeah they are great people but when you take their time up then they cant do what they are supposed to be doing......Dispatching trucks to dealers with cars on them.
Sorry,I missed it. I saw something about trains only, at least tha's what I remember. I was extremely frustrated that the dealer fell from the moon on this info, so i took it in my own hands I guess. GMconnects I believe had a message and certainly a link to cassens website...
Mr.R is offline   Reply With Quote