Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Pay It Forward and Free Give Aways

Old 09-06-2012, 11:25 PM   #15
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie RS View Post
I tried that a while back and the person that said it was a gift didn't have to pay but the person receiving the item had to pay. Trust me PayPal is not going to do anything for free. They have definitely thought of this round about or they wouldn't still be in business.
Were you the payer or payee?
Old 09-07-2012, 10:33 PM   #16
Ozzie RS

Drives: '11 Camaro RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutro View Post
Were you the payer or payee?
I was the payer at the request of the seller, to send my payment to him as a gift. He said he had done it before and did not understand why it was charging me the fee so I tried it again and Paypal still was going to charge me the fee so he said to forget it. That was about a year ago for a set of wheels that cost over $1500. Maybe I did something wrong or it had to do with the amount of the transaction or the policy has changed since then. I probably didn't do something right but it worker out in the end.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:03 AM   #17
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
I just noticed today that it looks like paypal has started charging a fee for sending money as a gift... It appears to be a 0.5% based on the fee... I was given the option to pay the fee (in this case $0.08 (eight cents) on the $16.00 gift, or let the receiver incur the fee... In this case I ponied up and payed the .08
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:10 PM   #18
LeanPocket

Drives: 2010 2SS
u can also cancel the money sent and get the money back.. screwing the seller

never send money as a gift
LeanPocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:16 PM   #19
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
I'm a member of another forum, and I don't know how they do it, but you can not buy or sell anything, can't even post in the for sale section until you have 50 posts! That's not a lot, but I guess it's easier to detect a scammer! Who knows!!!
Old 02-12-2013, 03:28 PM   #20
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
worst advice ever.. sending as a Gift or Payment Owed.. The buyer and seller lose all protection over a 3.5% fee.

3.5% yup $3.50 on every hundred bucks.. it's such a massive fee to protect your ass. Bet you waste more than that on Lotto Tickets, Fast Food, or lost change in your seat cushions.

that 3.5% fee is no different than any clearing house charges for a credit card transaction. Every brick and mortar store you walk into and use a credit card for gets charged that fee for the privledge of allowing them to take that credit card and have a third party collect the funds.

It's the fee for using their services.

Bitch and moan all you want, it's there for the protection of the buyer and the seller.. I did over $5,000 in seller transaction thru paypal last year, and I paid my fees and I was protected for buyers that want to screw you over and claim B.S. like they never received the package, and tracking clearly shows they did.

Receiving as a gift paypal finds in their favor and as a seller I lose the money and the product..

People send me money as a gift for goods and I refund it back, I tell them up front not to do it, send as a payment.. It allows me to ship thru paypal for tracking AND protects me when they decided to be thieving losers. Plus it is tax deductible as a business expense.

Oh and BTW the fee is still there sending as a gift, the sender pays it, not the receiver.. so you aren't saving anything.. PayPal will get their money one way or another. But the receiver (seller) gets screwed.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:24 PM   #21
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
I will very rarely send money as a gift... If they complain about the fee I will just say, "Hey, I'll add 4% so you don't even lose anything."

I'm glad you posted though Mr. iNCREDIBLE... One of my customers here last month claimed they never received their order but UPS showed it delivered and signed for (the signature was literally a line) by some one the receiver claims they don't know and doesn't live there... I shipped out a replacement to the guy's work address. UPS did their "investigation", called the customer. and decided that the customer had indeed received the package even though he told them that he had not and UPS denied payment to me for the replacement shipped... Time to hit up paypal!
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote