Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-17-2014, 03:49 PM   #1
brokencilence

Drives: '14 1LE, Z28.R
Question for anyone who has installed Goodridge lines on an SS

Quick question guys, I am installing my Goodridge lines and they aren't quite bent the same as the stock lines on the car. I just want to make sure it is correct so I only do it once. These pics are driver side front looking down from the top. I believe the top pic is correct just want another opinion. Thanks in advance.

brokencilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 05:32 PM   #2
Eddiefuzz

Drives: 2011 RS
The top pic would be the correct way. Just make sure that they are long enough, and someone didn't put the wrong set in the SS box. When I did my lines they fit perfect, even the mounting piece in the middle of the line was in the exact spot. They are not OEM so the slight bends at the ends are different, just check the length before removing the stock lines. I also changed my fluid to DOT4 while I was at it. Good luck.
Eddiefuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 06:49 PM   #3
brokencilence

Drives: '14 1LE, Z28.R
Exactly what I was wanting confirmed. Thanks! I checked the length before I started and they were right on. I ordered Motul 600 DOT4 when I ordered the lines. I am also separating the brake and clutch reservoirs while I have it all tore apart.
brokencilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:13 PM   #4
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
After I did this I went to the dealer and have them do a full bleed and I provided the Mutul dot4 fluid. They are able to do a abs bleed as well.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 12:05 PM   #5
BLTZKRG

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
^^What did that cost u at the dealer? And how exactly did you word what you wanted done? I called last week and i apparently was speaking Greek they had no idea what i wanted done lol.

CAGS Skip-Shift Eliminator
1LE Strut Tower Brace
GMPP Track Pack Axleback
Halltech CAI
Fuse Pull Mod
BLTZKRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 12:44 PM   #6
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLTZKRG View Post
^^What did that cost u at the dealer? And how exactly did you word what you wanted done? I called last week and i apparently was speaking Greek they had no idea what i wanted done lol.

It depends on how good the technicians and service writers are at the dealer you are using. Not difficult, just ask the dealer the price for a flush/bleeding of the brake system. Also specify to the service writer that you will provide the brake fluid. When the order is written up it should have on the work order, "customer supplied fluid". I had an independent high performance shop do mine when I had all four stainless steel lines installed. Watched them do it so I know they did it correctly!
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote