Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 09:11 AM   #29
Black GT
Banned

Drives: 2006 Mustang GT
weather there's a street racing section or not , it's still going to happen out there every day.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:40 AM   #30
ss1129
Account Suspended

Drives: IOM 2010 2ss
You can have a Camaro vs bs forum, but not street racing.

So we can play pretend, but real world outcomes will not be tolerated?

The biggest lsx info site ls1tech.com has a street racing section. Are they kiddies over there?

Please with the holier than thou b.s.

Half of the Camaros heritage is street racing. Maybe the grown ups on other sites are mature enough to discuss it in a "adult" manner while the kiddies here are scared to talk about it?
Old 07-13-2009, 09:42 AM   #31
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Well - this isn't LS1tech.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 07-13-2009, 10:43 AM   #32
duder4thgen

Drives: Bird
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss1129 View Post
You can have a Camaro vs bs forum, but not street racing.

So we can play pretend, but real world outcomes will not be tolerated?

The biggest lsx info site ls1tech.com has a street racing section. Are they kiddies over there?

Please with the holier than thou b.s.

Half of the Camaros heritage is street racing. Maybe the grown ups on other sites are mature enough to discuss it in a "adult" manner while the kiddies here are scared to talk about it?
Sure there was street racing back in the 60's when the camaro debuted. There was also segregation and lead paint, so just cause it happened in the past don't make it right.

This site seems to have a good working relationship with GM, that gets us some perks and info we wouldnt otherwise get. I seriously doubt GM would maintain a professional relationship with a site that openly endorsed street racing.

And now that you mention it, since the 'exodus', the average age and intelligence level of your ls1tech poster has gone down significantly, so I would call them 'kiddies'. A man assumes some personal responsibility and takes it to the track.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:56 AM   #33
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by duder4thgen View Post
Sure there was street racing back in the 60's when the camaro debuted. There was also segregation and lead paint, so just cause it happened in the past don't make it right.

This site seems to have a good working relationship with GM, that gets us some perks and info we wouldnt otherwise get. I seriously doubt GM would maintain a professional relationship with a site that openly endorsed street racing.

And now that you mention it, since the 'exodus', the average age and intelligence level of your ls1tech poster has gone down significantly, so I would call them 'kiddies'. A man assumes some personal responsibility and takes it to the track.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 07-13-2009, 11:20 AM   #34
ss1129
Account Suspended

Quote:
seriously? You just compared street racing to segregation? LOL good one. Because street racing takes black people out back and hangs them from trees. Yes it sucks when people get hurt or killed in street racing, but some times in some places you can do responsible street racing. I know its hard to imagine, but people dont die in every street race. Oh and sometimes people actually die at the drag strip. Can you believe it?

Quote:
If this site does have an actual professional relationship with GM then I understand why they dont have a street racing section. However just because you have a section doesnt mean you endorse it. Allowing people to talk about it isnt endorsing it. But if GM doesnt want it at all that makes sense.

Quote:
Really? lol you must of migrated from ls1.com. Dont be butt hurt about it. Just be happy that tech exists to provide resources and knowledge you would never get here or ls1.com. This site has huge potential, but there are some serious tool bags that post the most nonsense (not saying its you) and try to pass it off as gospel ..i.e...30rwhp from a CAI or using a line lock to launch is just as good as a trans brake.

You never once ever in your adult life got on the gas next to another car? Street racing doesnt have to be a no B.S. drag race. It could be a roll race on the highway/back road race/ block off road/ old runway....ect ect.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:27 AM   #35
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
Most forums with a street racing section degenerate even more than the -vs- section which is already the section with the biggest ban-stick short of political talk on off-topic.

Putting aside any moralism, a kills section is just a place to tell everyone how big your epeen is. You're probably lying about the size of it anyway. At least at a race track there's someone there to give you your officially verified measurement.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:32 AM   #36
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
seriously? You just compared street racing to segregation? LOL good one. Because street racing takes black people out back and hangs them from trees. Yes it sucks when people get hurt or killed in street racing, but some times in some places you can do responsible street racing. I know its hard to imagine, but people dont die in every street race. Oh and sometimes people actually die at the drag strip. Can you believe it?

If this site does have an actual professional relationship with GM then I understand why they dont have a street racing section. However just because you have a section doesnt mean you endorse it. Allowing people to talk about it isnt endorsing it. But if GM doesnt want it at all that makes sense.

Really? lol you must of migrated from ls1.com. Dont be butt hurt about it. Just be happy that tech exists to provide resources and knowledge you would never get here or ls1.com. This site has huge potential, but there are some serious tool bags that post the most nonsense (not saying its you) and try to pass it off as gospel ..i.e...30rwhp from a CAI or using a line lock to launch is just as good as a trans brake.

You never once ever in your adult life got on the gas next to another car? Street racing doesnt have to be a no B.S. drag race. It could be a roll race on the highway/back road race/ block off road/ old runway....ect ect.
You know - you make some good points. I don't think any of us here have never gotten a little happy with the loud pedal with the car(s) next to use. For me, it comes down to it's just easier to not allow it than to have to moderate it. Yeah - everything has to be moderated, but there's just something about posting some of the stories I can imagine seeing on here that really irks me. Having a site of my own (that I hardly frequent, lol) I can say that we have a Street Kills Section, but I've never liked it. Too many times I'd read about people evading the cops, or just being REALLY irresponsible around other drivers and with others in their car. This site doesn't cater to GM, nor does it have sponsors that we cator to. I think it just makes it more of a friendly place. God knows that we have enough politics and religion that creeps in making things complicated enough, let alone another controversial topic like this.

JMVHO.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 07-13-2009, 11:36 AM   #37
ss1129
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
You know - you make some good points. I don't think any of us here have never gotten a little happy with the loud pedal with the car(s) next to use. For me, it comes down to it's just easier to not allow it than to have to moderate it. Yeah - everything has to be moderated, but there's just something about posting some of the stories I can imagine seeing on here that really irks me. Having a site of my own (that I hardly frequent, lol) I can say that we have a Street Kills Section, but I've never liked it. Too many times I'd read about people evading the cops, or just being REALLY irresponsible around other drivers and with others in their car. This site doesn't cater to GM, nor does it have sponsors that we cator to. I think it just makes it more of a friendly place. God knows that we have enough politics and religion that creeps in making things complicated enough, let alone another controversial topic like this.

JMVHO.

I hear you bro. There are some flat out stupid stories on the other sites. You just have to take the bad with the good with those threads.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:39 AM   #38
RoyalKev

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Eh what ever I street race and I dont go around forums telling storys about racing.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:41 AM   #39
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
I hear you bro. There are some flat out stupid stories on the other sites. You just have to take the bad with the good with those threads.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 07-13-2009, 12:54 PM   #40
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeTexan View Post
When I am finally driving around in my long awaited SS and a teenager pulls up next to me and revs the engine, I am going to spank his ass when the light turns green.
Hey Tina... will you spank my ass???

Have a nice day!
Old 07-13-2009, 01:09 PM   #41
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
It's all fun and games till someone or something gets hurt
Old 07-13-2009, 02:39 PM   #42
Chrisrp454

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS M6, 98Z28 M6
Because it kills!
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...ace-Crash.html