Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 01-06-2011, 08:57 AM   #71
overhaulengines

Drives: Red 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by C4 View Post
actually i snowboard. i have never been on ski's before. i used to be a skater back in the day so i figured it would be easier for me to snowboard than to ski. i will see if the family wants to take a ride to angel fire.
Snowboard? It's a good thing u got all that extra cushion. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faux_Ghost View Post
love you car man
Thank you vey much

Lupe
overhaulengines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:52 PM   #72
overhaulengines

Well good news, got my car back from Vara Chevrolet. They did the warranty work for the clicking noise coming from the rear axles. They had to install shims which they did and it fixed the problem with the clicking noise. I also had squeaking front brakes, I have 26,000 miles and they still replaced them under warranty per the service bulletin. So I pretty happy with their service.

Lupe
Old 01-10-2011, 07:44 PM   #73
overhaulengines

Ok next problem, bummer, driver side seat heater no longer heating. Lights will stay on for a minute then turns off, passenger seat stays on no problem. Ohh well back the shop.

Lupe
Old 01-10-2011, 09:27 PM   #74
Lycanine

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
This car is amazing! I just ordered my Camaro a couple weeks ago (sitting at 2000 status right now) and this just made the wait even worse lol!
Thanks for all the great ideas!!!!
Lycanine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:27 AM   #75
overhaulengines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanine View Post
This car is amazing! I just ordered my Camaro a couple weeks ago (sitting at 2000 status right now) and this just made the wait even worse lol!
Thanks for all the great ideas!!!!
thank you very much,
well change my transmission fluid yesterday, it looked really good. i have 26,000.00 miles. while i was doing it, i also changed the differential also. the car seems to move a little smoother on acceleration . i used gm recommended fluids, total cost $95.00. the diff was very easy, took all of 15 min. the trans took me about an hour, since i didn't have a pump to put the fluid back in, i used a bottle. i am going to post a video of the location of all the fill and drain plugs in the DIY section, i will post a link here later.
Ohh, dropped the car off this morning at Vara, they are checking into the driver side seat heater, inop. i will let yall know how that goes.

lupe
Old 01-14-2011, 08:59 PM   #76
overhaulengines

hello friends, i decided to change my transmission fluid and differential fluid yesterday, i found several helpful post on this and i have linked them below, i also decided to make a couple of quick videos showing the drain and fill plugs locations, hope this helps

lupe

this video is of the differential plugs

transmission plugs, manual 6 speed

here is few pics also, the tall bottle is the differential fluid bottle, i 1st did the diff change, this took all of 15 min. very easy, the bottle fit in there just fine.
once done, i cleaned the bottle out and filled it with the trans fluid and used a clear hose about 6 inches, i was able to squeeze about half the bottle and then i would have to refill. now you can go get a pump for about $5-$10 from autozone but i was lazy. because i was lazy it took a little longer, about 30-40 min. oh, i had a small oil squirt can that i used at the end to make sure the transmission was topped off.

here are some links i found helpful

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76352
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52132
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116059

lupe
Attached Images

Old 01-18-2011, 02:00 PM   #77
overhaulengines

Biters taking my paint design

a member just shot me this link..what do you think of this?

a bunch of biters. , i guess it a complement also.

ridergraphix is selling this.

http://www.ridergraphix.com/2010_Cam...il_Accent.html
Attached Images

Last edited by overhaulengines; 01-18-2011 at 02:22 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:44 PM   #78
overhaulengines

wow, check out the email i received from Ridergrapix, from Brian Rider himself

email
Actually, a couple customers sent us the picture(of your car) and asked us to do a similar design in vinyl. I was trying to find you on the forum but could not find the picture to be able to tie it to your name.

Would you like us to show your car on our website and make a note that the stripe was inspired by your car? We would be glad to add your name as well.

Thanks
Brian Rider
Ridergraphix.com

i thought that was pretty cool. i told him my buddy, my friend, Alan had just passed away 2 weeks ago, he said the would add alans picture to his website. now thats really cool.

lupe
Old 01-19-2011, 11:44 AM   #79
overhaulengines

check this out, just got another email from Brian Rider (ridergraphix) he sent me this link
http://www.ridergraphix.com/2010_Cam...il_Accent.html

scroll down the page when you get there, dang that is major cool.

thanks
Old 01-20-2011, 09:40 AM   #80
overhaulengines

Just got my car back from the dealer, they replaced the driver side seat heating element. Works perfect now.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:19 AM   #81
overhaulengines

cool little lighting of the inside door handle.

see all the work here http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125507

Old 01-23-2011, 11:27 PM   #82
basketball

Drives: 2010 Camarro SS
Cool love your car

hey i really like your car one thing i love the most is the rear bumper cover where the mufflers are located. i would like to buy it for mine do you know how its called or where i can buy it. let me know thanks
basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:40 AM   #83
overhaulengines

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketball View Post
hey i really like your car one thing i love the most is the rear bumper cover where the mufflers are located. i would like to buy it for mine do you know how its called or where i can buy it. let me know thanks
hello bro, thank you, its the Razzi ground effect kit.
check this out, someone has it for sale http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125007
hope this helps

lupe
Old 01-24-2011, 10:12 AM   #84
racer778
Camaro Sold

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS/RS
Striping

Quote:
Originally Posted by overhaulengines View Post
wow, check out the email i received from Ridergrapix, from Brian Rider himself

email
Actually, a couple customers sent us the picture(of your car) and asked us to do a similar design in vinyl. I was trying to find you on the forum but could not find the picture to be able to tie it to your name.

Would you like us to show your car on our website and make a note that the stripe was inspired by your car? We would be glad to add your name as well.

Thanks
Brian Rider
Ridergraphix.com

i thought that was pretty cool. i told him my buddy, my friend, Alan had just passed away 2 weeks ago, he said the would add alans picture to his website. now thats really cool.

lupe
Sorry to hear about your friend Lupe. I had the front fender design on my car for quite a long time with a slightly different rear qtr design. That is great, your friend is being honored in that fashion. Mine is just more subtle being black over Cyber grey. consider it a compliment and at least your friend can be remembered with his work. Here is a link to the pic http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83193

Last edited by racer778; 01-24-2011 at 11:53 AM. Reason: interpretation
racer778 is offline   Reply With Quote