Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-20-2011, 01:39 PM   #15
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt8892 View Post
So, i am a freshmen in college and myself own a 2002 Saturn L300 that i treat like gold. I go so far as to park it all the way on the other side of the parking lot so i don't have to park near anyone (seems like 80% of the poeple here couldnt park straight if their lives depended on it).

Whats really frustrating is there is a 2010 2ss Camaro Transformers Edition. It is a disaster. The front bumper is all dented and down low there are gouges from curbs i am guessing. The back bumper has holes punched in it from him backing into crap and is just all around a dented wavy kind of mess. The rear driver side 1/4 panel and bumper are side swiped. Every rim has curb rash and to top it all off...the paints a swirled disaster and absolutely filthy.

I get so frustrated and i see the car every day. I am 90% sure the owner of this poor Camaro is a freshmen as well and it just annoys me that most likely his rich parents bought him the car and he obviously doesn't give a crap what it looks like.

Wish i could have his car and treat it the way it is supposed to be treated. It obviously annoys me personally when i see a Camaro not treated well and neglected.

Love the Saturns. Just traded 2 of them (AURA and SKY Redline) on my 'vert.

A couple of folks here have mentioned it, but to put it into different terms, some people who have nice and even expensive things bought for them lack "pride of ownership". To know what it means to make the sacrifice to work hard everyday and to sacrifice along the way (read; resist the urge to spend money - often impulsively - on other things) in order to afford / fullfill one's desire / dream.

You keep taking good care of your L300. She's a nice ride and will, no doubt, outlive that guy's Camaro.
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:53 PM   #16
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
Sounds like a case of mommy and daddy bought it for me. You have much more respect for things that you have to work for.

That said, accidents happen. I'm waiting to get my rear fixed (totally mty fault) and my front bumper fixed. Parking lot curb tried to rip it off when I was backing out.
MikeSVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:55 PM   #17
y0diggity
Camaro Overlord

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut View Post
In general, most people's cars, and how they take care of them, is a direct reflection on them and how they live. I would bet that if a person's car (camaro or other) is a dirty mess, their house or apartment is probably the same and possibly, their life. Now there are exceptions (mud trucks & 4x4's are meant to be dirty), but like I said, in general this is the case. Think about people you know and live with.....
I'm the exception, I guess. I'm meticulous about my cars, but my house is a wreck. However, in my defense, I have 3 kids and a Newfoundland. They keep it pretty well cluttered. We toook the carpet out to replace it, found somewhat decent wood underneath, and decided to leave it like that for a couple years until the destructo-crew grows up / moves out. :( But I do know what you mean in general. Just thought I'd toss in my .02 cents.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:03 PM   #18
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
If you don't like to see it abused, then offer to buy it from him to save it. Otherwise, it's nunya business.

Whether you like it or not, and I'd cringe to see it myself, people buy the right to use/abuse their car as they see fit when they (or someone for them) plunks their money down to buy it. Granted, if I were judge and jury, they'd hang by being a blasphemer to the Camaro religion. But I'm not, so they can treat it as they wish.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:06 PM   #19
Saint Alban

Drives: '14 Black 2SS RS
Convince him that your car is better and ask him for an even trade because restoration is your hobby. :-)
Saint Alban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:11 PM   #20
acamaro

Drives: Bumblebee
It is not for any of us to decide. Talk to the kid find out every detail about his life and then you have a right to judge him.

What if the car was bought like that?, maybe he loves camaros, a car in that condition would be incredibly cheap

And who is anyone to assume who bought him the car? Anything my parents ever bought me has been cared for just as good if not better than anything I ever bought myself. If my dad saw me treating something of mine disrespectful he would just take it away. I would treasure it more if it were a gift than if I bought it because what I buy is my problem and I could do what I want. If I treat something lie garbage, that is disrespectful to the person that gave it to me.

And finally you don't need to be rich to have the car thats why hundreds of thousands of people own it.
acamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:27 PM   #21
Matt8892

Drives: 2010 2ss RS. White (RIP) 2012 LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba View Post
Love the Saturns. Just traded 2 of them (AURA and SKY Redline) on my 'vert.
I absolutely love the Sky's. I would love to have one of them. to bad they stopped making them.
Matt8892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:35 PM   #22
CROOPS34

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metalic 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by acamaro View Post
It is not for any of us to decide. Talk to the kid find out every detail about his life and then you have a right to judge him.

What if the car was bought like that?, maybe he loves camaros, a car in that condition would be incredibly cheap

And who is anyone to assume who bought him the car? Anything my parents ever bought me has been cared for just as good if not better than anything I ever bought myself. If my dad saw me treating something of mine disrespectful he would just take it away. I would treasure it more if it were a gift than if I bought it because what I buy is my problem and I could do what I want. If I treat something lie garbage, that is disrespectful to the person that gave it to me.

And finally you don't need to be rich to have the car thats why hundreds of thousands of people own it.
I would assume this because when I was in college the car that I paid for was taken care of as well as I possibly could. There is no way I would let anything happen to something I put that much of my hard earned money towards. A Camaro, and the costs associated with one to someone that age is a lot different then when you have a full time job and are out of school. And even with a full time job, a Camaro isn't "cheap". I would guess right off the hop that he was given the car by his parents and therefore has no respect for what it takes to purchase one. Then again, I could be totaly wrong and he paid for it, and is just stupid. If you're goiong to treat your belongings like crap, you might as well just buy crappy belongings.
CROOPS34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:08 PM   #23
Sirwestofash

Drives: afeafeafeafaefae
I had my Camaro bought for me, I treat it like it should be. This guy is just spoiled. My dad believed in a firm back hand was the way to raise a child when growing up. Now look at me, I wash my car myself once a week, I scrub the rims too, vacuum, and put air freshener in it frequently. My car has been wrecked to circumstances out of my control, but promptly repaired thanks to my insurance. If I ever got a scratch or something on it, I tried to hand buff it out. If that doesn't work I put a tiny bit of touch up. Mind you some douche bag dinged my door at College and I can't get it out, so I have to get it fixed at some point when I fix a couple more dings on the lower part of the car. I sometimes drive mine in the winter, but if its snowing and I have no traction I don't leave my house in it. This is my only car, so unless its impossible for me to get to point B I take this.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:28 PM   #24
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10 View Post
Beleive it or not my Ferrari does well in the snow is the other reason I drive it.
Pics or it never happened

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:35 PM   #25
Dasein

Drives: 2011 CGM 1LT
Is this the one at Rutgers? I see Bumblebee in a parking lot everyday, but I've never gone right up to it to look at it. Somebody told me it's a student's car and he parks wherever the hell he wants, apparently getting tickets pretty often.
Dasein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:58 PM   #26
M_Knife_Shamylan
Book Learner

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT, 1999 Tahoe 2Dr.
I got my Tahoe "handed to me" when I was 16, in 2004. It was my second vehicle, I still have it to this day and it looks better than prob 85-90% of other 12 year old vehicles out there that have been driven on a daily basis with 160K miles on it (in areas that receive snow anyway). I took care of it because I loved it and take pride in keeping the things I own looking and working well. I understand that I am the exception to circumstances like this, but please do not think that all people who have things they could not afford themselves are bratty or entitled.

My brother on the other hand has had a total of 8 vehicles in his lifetime (he is only 20 years old). He ruined the 96 Dodge intrepid he got when he was 14(my first car, which was also in pristine condition when he got it handed down) , a 94 dodge dakota that was in good shape, a '00 cavalier, a '98 f150, 2005 F250, 97 Ram, and the 2007 F350 he got is what we traded in on my Camaro (first vehicle I've gotten since 2004) since he got it November of last year and already needed 7K in repairs. All the other vehicles he had were either dented up like crazy or had transmission failure as a result of him driving like an idiot, offroading, and generally not giving two ****s about it.

We both lived under the same roof as children and have the same parents, but treat our belongings in completely different ways.
M_Knife_Shamylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:26 PM   #27
RichGreene
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 1SS M6 Green 1993 Custom Eldo
Who can explain anything these days when parents are beating/killing their own children, you think that others might not mistreat their cars ? Maybe theyre lease cars and they dont give a ratsass. I take care of my own business and let the others take care of theirs.
RichGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:33 PM   #28
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
Because to some it's a car... Point a to point b.

I know ppl with Ferraris that drive them in the snow. Why? Because they can!
this one post should answer all question on this thread.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2ss, care, clean, disaster, transformers