Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Autos For Sale / Wanted

Old 07-29-2009, 02:52 PM   #1
derin11

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Automatic for Manual Trade

Thinking i should have gotten the manual, im looking for a person to do a straight TRADE for my automatic, Its black, Gray/Black Interior all options 1LT. Many things done aftermarket check out my garage.

2500 miles
derin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:06 PM   #2
C5RocksC5
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by derin11 View Post
Thinking i should have gotten the manual, im looking for a person to do a straight TRADE for my automatic, Its black, Gray/Black Interior all options 1LT. Many things done aftermarket check out my garage.

2500 miles
what happened to getting a SS since you regretted getting a V6? You said you realllly wanted a V8. A manual is not going to compensate for the power difference. And what happened to the "twin turbo, etc. etc. etc, car going to SEMA etc. etc stuff)

Curious, did you get any offers when you listed your car on CL for $38k, down to $34k, then again down to $30k? Did you try to trade it in and what did the dealer offer?

I know someone who has a manual...will ask. But just to be clear, you say "All Options 1LT", if so, do you mean you have a 2LT then?
C5RocksC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:25 PM   #3
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
I don't think derin knows what he wants. Sounds like he shouldn't of jumped on his so fast or he wouldn't be regretting it. This type of car is too big of a decision to regret anything involved. I doubt anyone will trade you cars, why not sell yours for a reasonable price, take a small loss if you have to and go from there.
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:56 AM   #4
C5RocksC5
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsuperman81 View Post
I don't think derin knows what he wants. Sounds like he shouldn't of jumped on his so fast or he wouldn't be regretting it. This type of car is too big of a decision to regret anything involved. I doubt anyone will trade you cars, why not sell yours for a reasonable price, take a small loss if you have to and go from there.
He did try to sell it. First he was asking $38k and described it as 2LT. Then he lowered it $34k. The last drop to $30k. Obviously not one sucker out there willing to pay that much for a used 1LT. I can't wait to see his free "twin turbos" upgrade and I will be be on a look out for a black 1LT with twin turbos at SEMA, right Derrin?
C5RocksC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:59 AM   #5
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by derin11 View Post

2500 miles
Sell it for exactly what you paid for it. You should find someone who will buy it.. Marking it up over MSRP is just wrong...
Old 07-30-2009, 06:15 AM   #6
SilverIce1
Silver Ice

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT Automatic
This isn't a communist country, sell it for whatever you can get for it. The market drives value - not the manufacturer. A manufacturer that fails to properly price their product to demand supply equilibrium will ultimately fail.

Wait, General Motors failed and is now Government Motors. Proof positive that the Camaro isn't priced correctly so the marketplace is taking care of that.

Now, as for trading straight up an auto for a manual is, in my opinion, nuts. Go trade your car for what you really want - if you know what that is.
SilverIce1 is offline   Reply With Quote