Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-07-2010, 05:22 PM   #141
Spiv
Why you gotta be hatin'?

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by navmaxlp View Post
He drops on this site as a courtesy and to get keep in touch with the community. He's not obligated to provide us with anything. GM has heard the complaints and they are doing something about it. I think that's a pretty good job.
Spiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:00 PM   #142
dickholloway

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by navmaxlp View Post
He drops on this site as a courtesy and to get keep in touch with the community. He's not obligated to provide us with anything. GM has heard the complaints and they are doing something about it. I think that's a pretty good job.

isn't it funny someone who doesn't even own a camaro is trying to lecture us on what a good job GM is doing on the passenger seat revamp?

i guess your stealth passenger seat doesn't have the same problems as the rest of us, yea?
dickholloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 07:33 PM   #143
navmaxlp

Drives: Not a Camaro :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickholloway View Post
isn't it funny someone who doesn't even own a camaro is trying to lecture us on what a good job GM is doing on the passenger seat revamp?

i guess your stealth passenger seat doesn't have the same problems as the rest of us, yea?
I don't have to own a camaro to recognize good service. The guy comes on the site to give us info and to keep us up to date on things GM is doing. He doesn't HAVE to do that.

And no, you are correct, my Dodge Caliber doesn't have those problems. I would however love to be dealing with the issue as, that would mean I own a camaro. Consider yourself lucky for having to deal with a passenger seat issue that is an annoyance at best.
navmaxlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:12 PM   #144
2010victoryredss_ron
Born: August 27, 2009

Drives: 10CAMARO SS,12CRUZE RS,07 YAM R6
Send a message via MSN to 2010victoryredss_ron
stop taking sig other for rides... more peaceful...lol
Old 05-07-2010, 08:19 PM   #145
dndlion
No Bling

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Just buy the misses her own, problem solved...
dndlion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:14 AM   #146
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
The misses wants to be with me and see out the window!
Old 05-09-2010, 05:34 PM   #147
Toyaholic
It's a sickness!

Drives: '69 442 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuspid View Post
Don't raise the driver seat you might die
Short and to the point!
Toyaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:49 PM   #148
camaro guy

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
If they knew about the seat issue in 2008 and didn't fix it right away then !@#!$@#%#$. Dont make it seem like it takes 3 years to design a passenger seat that moves up and down. PURE B.S. I'm modifying mine because I'm tired of the complaining from my passengers and the embarrassment. If and when my passenger dies because the modified seat wasn't safety qualified, then the blood is on GM's hands for not fixing the issue within a timely matter. GM has placed themselves in the same boat as BP in my books.
camaro guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:59 PM   #149
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
found a fix!

Old 06-11-2010, 03:12 PM   #150
Spiv
Why you gotta be hatin'?

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro guy View Post
If they knew about the seat issue in 2008 and didn't fix it right away then !@#!$@#%#$. Dont make it seem like it takes 3 years to design a passenger seat that moves up and down. PURE B.S. I'm modifying mine because I'm tired of the complaining from my passengers and the embarrassment. If and when my passenger dies because the modified seat wasn't safety qualified, then the blood is on GM's hands for not fixing the issue within a timely matter. GM has placed themselves in the same boat as BP in my books.
Let me know when that goes to court, when it happens, because I'd love to hear you tell a judge that. That's friggin' gold.
Spiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:13 PM   #151
Bonemaro

Drives: 2010 RJT 1SS M6
Send a message via AIM to Bonemaro
I'd like an ejection button for my passenger seat Sunroof open of course
Bonemaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:29 PM   #152
RB43TD
Me Likey My Camaro

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 1LT/RS Camaro
Number 3 mentioned above that this complaint was made before the first production car even came off the line since he was driving a CTV back in '08. I'd be surprised if it didn't come up with the disciples too. So I guess that means this issue has been known for at around 2 years and it doesn't seems like there has ever been an "official" announcement other than Fbodfathers post that it's being addressed (btw, I take Fbods posts as official, but it's not officially from GM - if that makes sense). I'm not in the car industry and honestly don't know much about it, but is something like a height adjustment for a seat really that big of an undertaking? I can understand a retrofit not being done yet, but I was surprised that it is still going to be an issue on the 2011 model.

And for the record, my wife is 5'6 and one of the first things she said when she was "Wow, I feel like I'm sitting on the floor. Sure hope you can see where you're going."
Old 06-11-2010, 05:09 PM   #153
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro guy View Post
Are you serious? Embarassment? Complaining? I've had tons of passengers, none of em have said squat about it. My girlfriend who is only 5'1" while she did say it was a little annoying it was only when I asked her and she really doesn't care either.

Its not like the gas tanks are leaking fuel on to the exhausts causing fiery deaths, or the HVAC system causes instant Cancer, the f'ing seat is half an inch too low. CHILL
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:09 PM   #154
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB43TD View Post
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me that I have an I.Q. of 48 and am what some people call mentally retarded.
You stole my sig!!
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote