Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-18-2009, 02:05 PM   #29
Red Hot SS

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 2SS/RS M6
Not a big fan personally, SLP Loudmouth all the way!

VIN: 2G1FT1EW8A9118043
Finally Home! (6/16)
Red Hot SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:32 PM   #30
camarochevy1970

Drives: 1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK360 View Post
??
Matt, I think they are implying that us poor GTO owners can't afford the new Camaro, much less the exhaust on top of it
camarochevy1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:51 PM   #31
ssrsheaven

Drives: 92 firebird,2010 camaro
sounds great
ssrsheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:05 PM   #32
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
No hacking or welding involved. Unbolt and bolt on. Have not had it on the highway yet but while cruising at a steady speed it quiets right down and then barks when you excellerate. Pops quite a bit on deceleration. Have been told that it has a nice Corvette sound but then I also had a guy tell me he thought it was a motorcycle. He drives an Audi and a mustang so I don't take him to serious. I'll get some better pics of the tips and stock exhaust tomorrow. The tips do stick out further. I'll take a measurement and maybe someone else can provide one of a stock tip

Last edited by Jamie Mac; 06-18-2009 at 11:45 PM.
Jamie Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:40 PM   #33
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
The popping would annoy the hell out of me. I hated it when someone changed out their pipes on their harley and it did that. My guess is you'll need a tuneable ecm to get ride of it. That's why I always liked carbs on my harley. Same ecm just a swap of a jet and popping was gone.
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:05 AM   #34
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
this should be the same set up that stainless had on tag's car and should sound the same.

At least I think
Old 06-19-2009, 12:06 AM   #35
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom692010 View Post
The popping would annoy the hell out of me. I hated it when someone changed out their pipes on their harley and it did that. My guess is you'll need a tuneable ecm to get ride of it. That's why I always liked carbs on my harley. Same ecm just a swap of a jet and popping was gone.
The stock already crackled and popped. It's just louder now. I'm pretty sure tags is headers hi flow cats too. I know his car is a lot louder than mine
Old 06-19-2009, 02:26 AM   #36
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
uh oh...a lot louder...hehe

I just hope it doesn't get too loud out on the highway. I like my smooth and somewhat quieter interior when on long road trips. I'll test it out on the trip out to Carlisle and see how it sounds. If it's too loud, I will have the more restrictive and quieter exhaust put on.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:52 AM   #37
SK360
Account Suspended

Drives: 2005 Pontiac GTO
The popping is caused by Deceleration Fuel Cutoff (DFCO), it is caused by the injectors being cut off when letting off the gas in certain conditions, it can be tuned out but at the expense of fuel mileage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
uh oh...a lot louder...hehe

I just hope it doesn't get too loud out on the highway. I like my smooth and somewhat quieter interior when on long road trips. I'll test it out on the trip out to Carlisle and see how it sounds. If it's too loud, I will have the more restrictive and quieter exhaust put on.
You are coming to Carlisle next weekend?
SK360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 07:31 AM   #38
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
this should be the same set up that stainless had on tag's car and should sound the same.

At least I think
No comparison to TAG's Camaro...sorry. TAG's exhaust is the ultimate. Sets the bar for all others.

OP. Do not care for the idle at all...sorry. But the rev sounds good. This leads me to believe that the audio in person is way better than what the camera can reproduce on a sound clip coming out of these cheapo PC speakers so it's all good.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:55 PM   #39
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

For those that don't like it that's a ok. I'm liking it a lot. Had it on the highway today at various speeds within the (cough cough) legal limits. Very slight drone when the cruise control excellerated which as easily fixed with a slight Boston accoustics adjustment. When at an even cruise the exhaust is barely noticable inside the car.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:10 PM   #40
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
for those who don't like alot of drone, you probably haven't driven a muscle car before.

When I go out driving in my car, I'm not satisfied until I walk out at least partially deaf from the drone in the car.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:58 AM   #41
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mac View Post
For those that don't like it that's a ok. I'm liking it a lot. Had it on the highway today at various speeds within the (cough cough) legal limits. Very slight drone when the cruise control excellerated which as easily fixed with a slight Boston accoustics adjustment. When at an even cruise the exhaust is barely noticable inside the car.
Sweeeet. This is one thing that worries me...just being too loud on the highway. Stainless said, "on the highway, you could have a baby sleeping in the car, no problem. But, when you step on the go peddle, all bets are off!" So, we'll see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
for those who don't like alot of drone, you probably haven't driven a muscle car before.

When I go out driving in my car, I'm not satisfied until I walk out at least partially deaf from the drone in the car.
Tom said that he drove mine to check for drone. Both stainless and Tom could not find any drone. That'll be a miracle is there isn't any.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 07:53 AM   #42
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Couple more pics. Sorry the numbers are about worn off all my scales from years of use and I couldn't get the camera to focus close enough to really see it. Anyway the new tips stick out approximately 3/4inch from the top portion of the hole in the rear facia. Someone was asking about the "h" pipe so here's better pics of the stock setup. I've been so busy that this is still in the back of my truck. Neighbor lady told me that last night around 1:30 some teenagers appeared to be messing with it. She came out and they were giving her a hard time until she told them that the only thing I love more than my guns is my cars. At that point they left.
Attached Images