Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-02-2012, 01:11 PM   #43
TooCool5
Resident Gearhead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quick question, How do you get the orifice out?
I Don't want to break it. Do you have to release a plastic clip? or just pull.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:40 PM   #44
Soiledflame

Drives: 2016 1LT
The hose that connects to the orrice has a clip, andyou should be able to pinch it and pull out and revealing the actual orifice.

I was able to remove the orifice with some pliars pulling up with a jiggle back and forth motion. Its in there pretty good so it make take a few yanks.

Also, get it properly seated and flush when putting back in. Mine didnt want to go back in very easily.
Soiledflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:15 PM   #45
TooCool5
Resident Gearhead

Got it out, put a little grease on the larger part and it went right back in easy.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:43 PM   #46
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotexas25 View Post
Hey everybody. I checked under my hood yesterday and noticed my rx breather was soaked with oil. Upon removing I saw light smoke coming out of that tube, same as with the dipstick. Checked oil level and the damn stick was dry as a bone. My car has always lost some oil but not like this, and it's usually fine since I change synthetic oil every 3000. Went to the gas station and put 3 quarts of oil in, she started running better, but today there are still these fumes coming out. I hope my engine isn't on it's last leg. Any insight would help!
One other thing I didn't see mentioned in this thread, many times the dipstick will give a false reading on these engines if it has been driven recently. It is best to check the oil level when the engine has been off for awhile.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #47
Wuiquen

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
so for those with the breather cap, it is recommended to still do this and drill the hole bigger?? I was confused for a minute and thought this was part of the house that gets capped off when you have a breather, but I think I was wrong and this orifice is on the other hose right?? passenger side? I have had no problems with oil leaks or oil consumption but I mean it cant hurt to drill the hole bigger to prevent any clogging.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:02 PM   #48
TooCool5
Resident Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuiquen View Post
so for those with the breather cap, it is recommended to still do this and drill the hole bigger?? I was confused for a minute and thought this was part of the house that gets capped off when you have a breather, but I think I was wrong and this orifice is on the other hose right?? passenger side? I have had no problems with oil leaks or oil consumption but I mean it cant hurt to drill the hole bigger to prevent any clogging.
Yes its on the pass rear valve cover, its best to take it out and see if it shows signs of clogging.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:53 PM   #49
Wuiquen

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
ok cool.. when I get my car back I will look at it and see if there is any sign of clogging and then drill those holes bigger..
Old 11-06-2012, 06:48 AM   #50
mydreamcar
My Dream Car

Drives: 2011 SIM LS3 1SS