Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-03-2016, 03:32 AM   #1
Jmac1990

Drives: 2015 Black 2ls
Amazon help?

Has anybody ever used Amazon to order and buy parts for their cars? I have been looking at a couple of different things on there and the prices just seem too good to be true. One of them is the vinyl stripe package from Sign Factory which has the rally stripe kit for sale at $48.99. This seems too low but the reviews on Amazon seem really good? The other is for the factory style spoiler that is listed painted for $119. Basically I am just wanting to know if anybody has used these products or know anybody that has? Thanks!!

http://www.amazon.com/Chevrolet-Cama...amaro+spoilers

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DGWT68G?psc=1
Jmac1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 03:52 AM   #2
Mattchew

Drives: Camaro 2011 RS
I buy tons of stuff from Amazon even if the reviews are great BUT sometimes it can be cheap and the quality can suck. You basically have to roll the dice and if you get something that is literally junk Amazon customer service can really be helpful I bought Red MGP caliper covers and the two front ones literally fell apart after a single rotation and they gave me a full refund and I got to keep the back ones. it all depends really
Old 02-03-2016, 04:59 PM   #3
Eddiefuzz

Drives: 2011 RS
I have a ZL1 spoiler, painted, from EBAY. I buy 90% of my parts from AMAZON,radiator hoses, HOTCHKIS springs, sway bars... They guarantee satisfaction!
Attached Images

Eddiefuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 05:16 PM   #4
retmil

Drives: 2017 Garnet Red SS
I buy lots of auto stuff from Amazon - including wheels - and have always been very happy with results.
retmil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 06:24 PM   #5
davesnever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I tried a 3rd party supplier of stripes and wasn't too happy. I paid about $250 for them and they lasted about 3 years before they started to crack and split.Looked like alligator skin,lol.They were from autotrimdesign which stated 7 year life but you could tell right from day one they were thinner vinyl than factory.I wouldn't cheap out on this mod.Nothing wrong with Amazon itself tho!

Last edited by davesnever; 02-03-2016 at 06:25 PM. Reason: left out comment
davesnever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:40 PM   #6
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Auto
I trust Amazon way more than eBay; but I order parts from both. Just do your homework before you order, and everything should be fine.
yzark99 is offline   Reply With Quote