Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-29-2009, 10:21 PM   #57
davidj

Drives: .
Thanks! This is what Hot Rodding is all about, cool DIY weekend projects.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:24 PM   #58
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
And good friends and bbq, beers and family. Right on dude you know right where I am coming from.....
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 01:11 AM   #59
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
First thing that came to mine? ...That saved some weight! But, I see that's been talked about soooooo....

Hey! That was cooL!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 02:43 AM   #60
SAUCE

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS BLKonBLK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell040 View Post
go weigh those babies on a bathroom scale.... first real weight reduction data... 30lb aint bad

wonder how this would sound with LT headers.... or better yet..... a cam
Prob a lil crackly! depending on the car! go on youtube and search Longtubes with strait pipes

2SS RS
CGM
black panel
DT spoiler

Right off the bat:
CAI
FAST LSXr Intake
LT's
SLP loudmouth
SAUCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:10 AM   #61
SAUCE

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS BLKonBLK
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96rss/ls6 View Post
Yeah I just talked to my guy here and he said he could do it for like 40 or 50 bucks
This is mod is nothing new!. Ive been to several diff exhaust shops with the vehichles ive owned and have never paid over 100 for work like this. Had full exhaust and cutout installed onto LT's at a local shop and it cost me $75 and 45 min of work. Never had one problem. Not that $200 is something to cry about but if your paying over $50 for a quick cut and weld ur getting ripped For that price it is much more worth it to just replace the mufflers with a loud well designed high flow system that will eliminate drone and crackle. (borla xr1's) (slp loudmouth I) (corsa stingers) (spintech system)

Also this is a 30 min job taking your time lol

BTW im no know it all just my expierence

2SS RS
CGM
black panel
DT spoiler

Right off the bat:
CAI
FAST LSXr Intake
LT's
SLP loudmouth
SAUCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:18 AM   #62
quanine10
1SS/RS blk on blk 6spd

Drives: 2010 Camaro Blk/Blk SS/RS 6spd
Will this mod void the warranty on my exhaust?
quanine10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:36 AM   #63
pruettfan

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS / 2011 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by quanine10 View Post
Of course, you have totally changed the system so all bets are off as far as exhaust goes.
pruettfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 07:37 AM   #64
ericeast
Mr. Irrelevant

Drives: Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
... but then again I am not putting on my front license plate either.
That's hillarious. I don't have the front license plate on my truck either. I moved from Oklahoma to VA last year (due to military stuff), and in OK they didn't care one bit about it....but oh my god, here in VA they are crazy about having 2 license plates. (I still ain't puttin' one on, though.) Can't wait to move back to OK where people aren't so damn up-tight.

The sad part is I grew up in VA, but can't wait to move away again.

Anyway, sorry....off-topic.

Order# NKDN32
ericeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 07:39 AM   #65
wyocamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2-2007 Silverados
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96rss/ls6 View Post
so we need some dyno #s here, Im sure it picked up something. someone do this and dyno there car so we can see what we are working with
Remember-this is at 5,000+ feet elevation, so the RWHP is substantially less, but the gains to breath should help. Sounds great, but what is the db reading for those pesky noise ordinances ??
Old 05-30-2009, 09:09 AM   #66
2010 SS RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyocamaro View Post
Remember-this is at 5,000+ feet elevation, so the RWHP is substantially less, but the gains to breath should help. Sounds great, but what is the db reading for those pesky noise ordinances ??
105 db in most areas and that is really loud. And I am actually at about 5900 ft so the air is a lot thinner here. Need to throw a ram air filter on and pack in some more air now to balance everything out. I will try to get a video of driving on highway to show that there is no drone. The only negitive thing I have noticed is that when you let off the gas or are creating engine backpressure the exhaust crackels or pops a little. But so far the positives far outweigh th negitives and the only way to eliminate the crackel in a high compression engine is to baffle muffle it and that is what came from the factory.
Well off for bra and window tints so I will see you guys on the flip side. Keep the shiny side up. Larry
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
Old 05-30-2009, 09:13 AM   #67
2010 SS RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by quanine10 View Post
Look if you want your exhaust warranty you leave it on. If you take it off it will never wear out so you gain a lifetime warranty. However it should have no effect on the cat warranty or the headers etc. Just your mufflers and the pipes where you have to weld. This is not a new mod. Its been done for as long as I can remember. It is just plain and simple one of the least expensive ways to gain power, more muscle car sound, and have fun.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:45 AM   #68
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
2010 SS RS solid work. And just a thought, $200 is not that far off, because it's time/little material and time is money. Most quality exhaust guys that are worth a crap have done tons of old cars. The time it take for a full length system in an older car is not spent on trying to center the exhaust in a rear roll pan of a car they have not seen.

Last edited by GrnMchin; 06-02-2009 at 10:50 AM.
GrnMchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:56 AM   #69
96rss/ls6
Inferno is the only color

Drives: 96 ls6 camaro, iom 2ss/rss /
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUCE View Post
This is mod is nothing new!. Ive been to several diff exhaust shops with the vehichles ive owned and have never paid over 100 for work like this. Had full exhaust and cutout installed onto LT's at a local shop and it cost me $75 and 45 min of work. Never had one problem. Not that $200 is something to cry about but if your paying over $50 for a quick cut and weld ur getting ripped For that price it is much more worth it to just replace the mufflers with a loud well designed high flow system that will eliminate drone and crackle. (borla xr1's) (slp loudmouth I) (corsa stingers) (spintech system)

Also this is a 30 min job taking your time lol

BTW im no know it all just my expierence
my 96 LS6 has got LT's No Cats 3 inch all the way back to a loudmouth, and it still has a good bit of crackle, but people love it, its loud and sounds like a muscle car should. It drones a little but hey It works 4 me. And as far as pop goes, most of that can be taken care of with a good tune.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:58 AM   #70
5th_GEN_SS
Junkie

Drives: SIM 2SS/RS M6
do u need mufflers 2 pass an ohio echeck?