Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-07-2013, 12:10 AM   #1
GAHDOOSH
GAHDOOSH

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
Standard Vs NPP Dual Mode Recordings (V6 LFX)

UPDATE: NPP Videos will be uploaded tomorrow 6/13/13
For those considering the NPP Dual Mode upgrade.
Here is a link to the original thread for more back-story.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298157

Remember to wear headphones when listening for best results
Part 1
Standard Exhaust from Outside

Part 2
Standard Exhaust from Inside

Part 3
NPP Dual Mode Exhaust from Outside
(Coming 6/14/13)

Part 4
NPP Dual Mode Exhaust from Inside
(Coming 6/14/13)

Part 5
NPP Dual Mode Exhaust With "Fuse Pull" from Outside

Part 6
NPP Dual Mode Exhaust With "Fuse Pull" from Inside
(Coming 6/14/13)

2016 1SS 6.2L LT1 Manual 6-Speed, Front Emblem Blackout, Rear Bowtie Delete, Side emblem delete, Phastek Side Marker Tint, GM Black Taillights, $23.57 of Premium Gas this morning

Last edited by GAHDOOSH; 06-15-2013 at 01:18 AM.
GAHDOOSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:29 PM   #2
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:51 PM   #3
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Looking forward to next week
Old 06-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #4
porkrind
Unapologetically American

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 M6
Subscribed!

Sent from here...not there
Old 06-10-2013, 01:05 PM   #5
GAHDOOSH
GAHDOOSH

Two things affecting the recordings going live tomorrow.
  1. I'm in South Carolina so if it's still raining I won't be able to do recordings
  2. If the dealership messes up the car swap, it will take an extra day to get it
I'll post something tomorrow either way.

2016 1SS 6.2L LT1 Manual 6-Speed, Front Emblem Blackout, Rear Bowtie Delete, Side emblem delete, Phastek Side Marker Tint, GM Black Taillights, $23.57 of Premium Gas this morning

Old 06-10-2013, 01:09 PM   #6
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Subbed
Old 06-11-2013, 11:39 PM   #7
The Black Knight
2013 Black LFX

Drives: '13 1LS
O.k. I've got a quick question. Did the "standard exhaust" Camaro have the fuse #8?? I'm asking because mine does/did. Though my Camaro didn't come with the NPP Dual Mode exhaust. However, I decided to pull everything apart to see if mine had the fuse. Sure as hell did, so I pulled it. I've noticed a very minimal change to my exhaust. As I'm not running my stock exhaust anymore, I've got Flowmaster Series 10's in place. I can say, that I did notice a smoother acceleration, though it could all be in my head.

Just wondering and maybe those whom have more experience with the NPP can elaborate. I'm not just wondering if there is always a "flapper valve" located somewhere else within the exhaust (i.e. like a motorcycle's exhaust, I had two bikes that had the flapper valve in the midpipe).

Mods: Flowmaster Series 10's axle back, Black ZL1 20X9 wheels(from Factory Reproductions), K&N Typhoon cold air intake, 20% window tint(all sides & back), gun metal hash marks, black outs for Camaro and Chevy badges, Vitesse Throttle Controller

The Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:19 AM   #8
pmandeep

Drives: 2013 VR 2LT/RS
Old 06-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #9
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
O.k. I've got a quick question. Did the "standard exhaust" Camaro have the fuse #8?? I'm asking because mine does/did. Though my Camaro didn't come with the NPP Dual Mode exhaust. However, I decided to pull everything apart to see if mine had the fuse. Sure as hell did, so I pulled it. I've noticed a very minimal change to my exhaust. As I'm not running my stock exhaust anymore, I've got Flowmaster Series 10's in place. I can say, that I did notice a smoother acceleration, though it could all be in my head.

Just wondering and maybe those whom have more experience with the NPP can elaborate. I'm not just wondering if there is always a "flapper valve" located somewhere else within the exhaust (i.e. like a motorcycle's exhaust, I had two bikes that had the flapper valve in the midpipe).
I don't see any way the fuse pull for NPP can have any affect whatsoever on a non-NPP exhaust Camaro. Are you sure the number 8 fuse on a regular Camaro isn't for something else? If not, I'm guessing its just not used.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:47 AM   #10
2fullgarage
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2018 SS Vert
I pulled mine not knowing if it was NPP equipped but it had the fuse. I have Magnaflow Glasspacks and could tell no difference at idle or WOT

...except my MPG went down to the lowest since I bought the car

2fullgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:02 PM   #11
The Black Knight
2013 Black LFX

Drives: '13 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I don't see any way the fuse pull for NPP can have any affect whatsoever on a non-NPP exhaust Camaro. Are you sure the number 8 fuse on a regular Camaro isn't for something else? If not, I'm guessing its just not used.
when I took the fuse box cap/cover off, it listed fuse #8 as "exhaust flap" so I don't believe it's used for something else.

Mods: Flowmaster Series 10's axle back, Black ZL1 20X9 wheels(from Factory Reproductions), K&N Typhoon cold air intake, 20% window tint(all sides & back), gun metal hash marks, black outs for Camaro and Chevy badges, Vitesse Throttle Controller

The Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:26 PM   #12
GAHDOOSH
GAHDOOSH

I took some videos today but they were crappy because I was driving home from the dealer and left the new sunroof open (still getting used to that). I will take good ones tomorrow with and without the fuse so people can get an idea.

Questions:
Does the standard V6 exhaust have a fuse #8 and does it do anything?
-No, The NPP has flaps in the tips (you can actually see them) and the fuse closes them at certain RMP's. Pulling any fuse related to flaps that are in standard exhaust will have no effect, I can't see why GM would put a fuse in there for no reason if it wasn't NPP but it may be for something else. I no longer have Megan so I can't check sorry.

Is it louder?
-Hell yes, when I drove away I couldn't believe the noise it made and when I pulled the fuse it got soooo much better. Not to mention the quad tips looks a lot better IMO. My only issue is I don't know which way to park it at the house anymore because I can't decide if the front or the back looks better... Good problem to have.

Is it worth the MSRP sale price of $900
-I think so, I'm very happy with the noise. If I bought another one I would opt for the NPP. I would absolutely suggest this upgrade. My next goal is to get it to a car show and do a side by side with a V6 rocking MRT 2.0's

Last edited by GAHDOOSH; 06-12-2013 at 11:42 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:43 AM   #13
porkrind
Unapologetically American

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAHDOOSH View Post
I took some videos today but they were crappy because I was driving home from the dealer and left the new sunroof open (still getting used to that). I will take good ones tomorrow with and without the fuse so people can get an idea.
Looking forward to this!

Sent from here...not there
Old 06-15-2013, 01:19 AM   #14
GAHDOOSH
GAHDOOSH

Added NPP fuse pulled rear recording. Sorry I've been so busy. Will try to post the rest tomorrow.