Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 02-02-2011, 01:54 PM   #1
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Stay Away From Classic Chevrolet's Body Shop in Grapevine, TX!

This guy is not having much luck getting a quality repair on his 4th gen at Classic Chevy in Grapevine, TX...

http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5515
Old 02-02-2011, 02:01 PM   #2
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Well there's his problem. He's posting on a Mustang forum

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:03 PM   #3
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Well there's his problem. He's posting on a Mustang forum
All joking aside...that is some piss-poor quality work.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:07 PM   #4
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Very.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:33 PM   #5
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
My Car came in to Classic just one year ago next Wednesday it happened to be on a rail car when the Biggest snow fall in DFW in over 20 years hit when she got to classic she had Rail Dust on her drivers side fender and just above her drivers side quarter window.

Classic Removed the clear and removed all rail dust then 100% cleared the car

Looks perfect you cant even tell.

Also the rear of my car has a blackout that was painted the same time as the raildust removal. Classic removed my rear bumper stripped the clear off my bumper then sprayed the Black afterwards they recleared the bumper all without a single paint line. Smooth as a babies A$$

Anyone can go to any Dealership and get bad work done thats normal every so often No one is perfect 100% of the time. Right now with the way weather is going this time of year who in the hell would take there car to get painted when its freaking cold as hell outside or when the weather is up and down like it is?

From the looks of this car on those other links it has been through the ringer already I dont see why it couldnt wait a little longer for nice weather to go get fixed.

I love guys like this who get on a online message board and Talk smack about there work rather than taking it to the dealership and saying hey lets fix this it looks like $hit. I say give the body shop a call and set up a time when weather is nice and have it fixed.

However after this kind of publicity I wouldnt expect to much from anyone out there who knows how this story ended up.

BAD MOUTHING SOMEONE'S BUSNIESS BEFORE LETTING THEM FIX IT IS SCREWED UP.

Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:39 AM   #6
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
Right now with the way weather is going this time of year who in the hell would take there car to get painted when its freaking cold as hell outside or when the weather is up and down like it is?.
Did you click on the link showing the accident pics in the poster's thread?

Cliff Notes:
Customer got into an accident. Customer took car to Classic Chevy to fix. Car was presented back to customer with extremely shoddy repair. Weather has nothing to do with crappy alignment of body panels.

Quote:
BAD MOUTHING SOMEONE'S BUSNIESS BEFORE LETTING THEM FIX IT IS SCREWED UP.
They did fix it! The problem is that the fix is substandard! The car never should have been returned to the customer looking like that. You were so mad when you read this thread that you can't see the forrest through the trees! You have the attitude that how dare someone say something bad about Classic's body shop. Gimme a break...

It's just as much this guys right to report a bad experience as it is your right to report a good experience.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:12 PM   #7
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicompression View Post
Did you click on the link showing the accident pics in the poster's thread?

Cliff Notes:
Customer got into an accident. Customer took car to Classic Chevy to fix. Car was presented back to customer with extremely shoddy repair. Weather has nothing to do with crappy alignment of body panels.

They did fix it! The problem is that the fix is substandard! The car never should have been returned to the customer looking like that. You were so mad when you read this thread that you can't see the forrest through the trees! You have the attitude that how dare someone say something bad about Classic's body shop. Gimme a break...

It's just as much this guys right to report a bad experience as it is your right to report a good experience.

There is a lot more to this story than you know. I feel for anyone who goes through hard times with paint work or any other issue especially when it involves a new car however when you are not getting the work done you need rather than tearing a new @$$ on the internet why not Take it back and have them fix the problem better yet take it higher to managment? Why did he pick it up if it looked like crap? why did he let it sit there so long before saying anything ? There are a lot of right and wrongs that was taking place here and im not saying the owner is 100% wrong I'm just saying yes I had good work done but guess what rather than tear someone a New @$$ on the internet im going to get my car fixed.

I'm not mad im actually shaking my head I think this is a sad event and I hate its not worked out for the best . I just dont agree with tearing down peoples business over the internet. Yeah it may make someone say dam that sucks but guess what if someone has paint issues with there car and it came from there then they are taking it back and they dont fix ti then they will do it again.

IMO this work looks like bad prep work. My only question would be why did it sit there that long before getting worked on.

oh well its all good maybe he will get his car fixed
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:43 PM   #8
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee

Quote:
oh well its all good maybe he will get his car fixed
Peace.