Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 03-19-2011, 07:48 AM   #1
luckynuts

Drives: 10 ABM 1SS/00 Z28 Conv/14 SumWh 2LT
C5Fest Here I Come..........the Odyssey

C5Fest...........The 7500 Mile Odyssey
Hopefully the link to the map at the bottom of the post works. At least three weeks, 18 (I think) states, Mexico, +/- 7448 miles or a little over 12k kms, (not counting 1/4 mile at a time in Chandler ), $1400-$1500 in fuel, multiple hangovers, every song on my ipod several times, hopefully no speeding tickets, a set of tires, an oil change before I leave and when I get home, and enough memories to last a lifetime.

Highlites so far

Pittsburgh...........sorry got nothin', unless Crosby and the Pens are playing

Indianapolis...........Speedway and Museum tour

Nashville...............Meet up with I40 convoy and tour Nashville, Bro's Cajun BBQ courtesy of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives

Dallas-Fort Worth...gotta check out the new Cowboys stadium!

Between Dallas-Fort worth and Las Cruces NM.........Carlsbad Caverns and pre C5Fest dinner at the hotel in Las Cruces

Between Las Cruces and Phoenix.................who can drive by Tombstone AZ and not stop?

Chandler...............rumor has it there will be one or two other Camaros in town this weekend

San Diego.............round of golf at Torrey Pines and walk across the bridge into Tijuana just to say I did..........unless I hear gunfire

San Diego to Huntington Beach CA via Highway 1...........took a shot at Leno tickets but I think we came up empty

Huntington Beach to Pebble Beach CA via Highway 1...........are you kidding come this far and not play a round of golf at Pebble Beach! $500 green fee makes me a complete idiot but it will be crossed off the bucket list

Pebble Beach to San Francisco again by Highway 1............another item off my bucket list. I have always wanted to drive Highway 1, the Pacific Coast Highway (#1 on America's most scenic drives) and now I will be, from San Diego to San Francisco and all points in between. Alcatraz (going to see what a real jail was like) and the Golden Gate Bridge.

San Francisco to Las Vegas.............Cruise the strip in Vegas and win enough at blackjack to cover the trip . Probably a couple of rounds of golf in Vegas as well.

Las Vegas to Salt Lake City via Highway 12 thru' Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon.............#3 on America's most scenic drives

Salt Lake City to Keystone SD and Crook County WY...........Mount Rushmore and Devils Tower. I am still not convinced on this part of the journey. Included in the total mileage but it adds about 350+ miles. I am thinking by this point I might be starting to fade a little. Always wanted to see Mount Rushmore and I guy I work with says I shouldn't miss Devil's Tower. And what is another 350+ miles when I've gone that far?

Mount Rushmore to Chicago

Chicago to home............last two legs will be 13hr legs at least.

Thanks to hiney1, mrbran5, ripcard and a reported "mystery Camaro"who are also coming from this part of Canada and will be travelling companions more or less to the Huntington Beach part of the journey. Then they are smart enough to head home..............me, not so much. I am flying solo after that (although still hopeful my trusty co-pilot will make the journey). Hopefully catch an NHL playoff game somewhere along the route (Phoenix, Dallas Chicago, San Jose, LA, Anaheim?, Nashville?) and maybe a ball game. Still have to fit the Grand Canyon in there somehow as well. Already been there but it is too nice to miss when I am that close...........maybe do the helicopter from Vegas? Better win the friggin' lottery in the next three weeks or so to pay for this trek

http://mapq.st/e9hWNM
Old 03-19-2011, 10:02 AM   #2
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Well Dave looks like your Summer is booked up....That's a hell of a trip...I'm sure you will enjoy it...take lots of pics. At least the first few legs you'll have company.....Have Fun.
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:34 PM   #3
camarorick

Drives: .
Holy crap... I'm tired from just reading your itinerary Much Dave
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:34 PM   #4
bluch
OH CANADA!

Drives: 2011 RAM 1500 LARAMIE
holy sh!t

have fun man

Had to trade in the Camaro for a truck :(, but hopefully I can join the Camaro family again one day
bluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:10 PM   #5
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
See you in Phoenix.

Old 03-19-2011, 09:15 PM   #6
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
Now that's what I call a Trip !! Good Luck, Be Safe and See ya at Las Cruces and the FEST !!!
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:36 PM   #7
El Diablo

Drives: 67 Camaro rs/ 2010 Camaro SS/RS
It is worth every mile. Konrad and i were tired when we got home last year but would do it again in a heartbeat.We did 8900 miles on ours last year and yes it gets tiring.Char and i will see you in Phoenix.Have fun play safe.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:53 AM   #8
luckynuts

Drives: 10 ABM 1SS/00 Z28 Conv/14 SumWh 2LT
Just updated the GPS which hopefully will keep from making a wrong turn into the Pacific Ocean.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:18 AM   #9
christcringle

Drives: 2010 2SS/2011 Pacecar/2011 LS/ZL1
Send a message via Skype™ to christcringle
If I find a camaro rental car in Vegas I make short trip at the C5 FestII the saturday to see you guys

Member ¨'' Club Elite '' #99
christcringle is offline   Reply With Quote